Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

UserErr0r posted:

I stole a goon's Roosevelt and took it on an adventure

I'm entertained by my Roosevelt being posted in the thread. I'm glad you liked it usersa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Tried making my own race today and my dreams were shattered when I discovered you need to make your races 0.62mi or more. I just wanted to make a psuedo go-kart track in a car park for airtugs :( It would've been 0.07mi. Such a shame.

The workaround is to fold the laps into each other - so that one 'lap' as far as the game is concerned is 2 or more on the actual course. I've seen some very neat go-kart tracks, as well as an interesting race around the roof of the LS Forum.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I use this with no issues. It's not a mod in a traditional sense, I guess its just the file from a guy who has the DLC.

How long have you been using that? Any chance of getting banned?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I use this with no issues. It's not a mod in a traditional sense, I guess its just the file from a guy who has the DLC.

That worked perfectly! Thanks!

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Can we please stop loving whining about people not having the DLC or special items because they didn't play when they were released or aren't a returning player?

God drat.. this thread went to poo poo once PC launched. It went from videos of fun stuff and adventures like Wee Bairns posted to nothing but whining about how the most ridiculous things.

"Why do they have things I don't? That isn't fair."

"The armored Karuma is hard to blow up and mean."

"People hunt and kill me in free roam. That's stupid."

"Why do I have to pay insurance when I blow someone's PV up? That's stupid."

Deal with it and play the game. No one cares or wants to hear you whine about it. It is what it is. Either play the game or don't, but stop complaining about the most innocuous things.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Can we please stop loving whining about people not having the DLC or special items because they didn't play when they were released or aren't a returning player?

God drat.. this thread went to poo poo once PC launched. It went from videos of fun stuff and adventures like Wee Bairns posted to nothing but whining about how the most ridiculous things.

Deal with it and play the game. No one cares or wants to hear you whine about it. It is what it is. Either play the game or don't, but stop complaining about the most innocuous things.

Pipe down, peasant.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Agreed on all counts except this will never not be dumb :colbert:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

This is worse than the actual complaining hth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why do i have to pay insurance when i blow someones personal vehicle up

thats stupid

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

how do i shot face with goon? i get yelled at by bad russians who hate my dirtbike.

This game's entire interface is vaguely confusing, how do I hang with goons? CTS seems... unnaturally quiet...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Wapole Languray posted:

how do i shot face with goon? i get yelled at by bad russians who hate my dirtbike.

This game's entire interface is vaguely confusing, how do I hang with goons? CTS seems... unnaturally quiet...

I find that around midnight EDT tends to be when the GTA V CTS is the most active.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

In retrospect maybe I shoulda pushed the boat left onto the shore and then rammed it past the bridge

This is genius actually

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Yeah, that might have worked, too bad we didn't think of it. Oh well, next time.
I'm just surprised that we managed to get it under so many bridges as it was.
And why aren't there any 6+ passenger boats?i mean, we made do, but more seats would be better for the Goon Navy.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wM_StoEqo

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

When I'm starting a job and you can see a character's (including your own) stats on the right side of the screen - why are they different from the stats seen in the Pause menu under the "STATS" heading?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

DarkMalfunction posted:

When I'm starting a job and you can see a character's (including your own) stats on the right side of the screen - why are they different from the stats seen in the Pause menu under the "STATS" heading?

Because the stat screen in the job lobby is broken and has always been broken.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
If anyone wants to help me regain my hard-won simoleons that I wasted on fancy cars this weekend doing missions/heists, let me know. CaptSpacebeard on PS4. PST.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

It's liberating just putting a 2000$ bounty on the dude with an insurgent so you can blow up his car and get $1000 back and not pay the $14k or whatever it costs. Thanks, thread, for pointing this out.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

God drat.. this thread went to poo poo once PC launched. It went from

being completely dead to having active posters again, yes :v:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I love how I just walk over to admire the flare. Then boooom!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Thump! posted:

I'm down to hang for this heisting party tomorrow night. Shoot me a request on RSSC, name is AJThump.

Harmburger posted:

Armored Kuruma is after the Fleeca job. I'd be down if you're talking about PC for a loyalty challenge thing. RSSC is Kahsin

I'm on ps4, sorry.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

This about sums up trying to get the Marquis down the rapids.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Did they fix turbo on ps4? I forgot about it until last night when I was upgrading my sandrail/dune buggy thing.

Heists with pubbies is The Worst.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Turbos were fixed like a week before christmas

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Oh sweet. Time to turbo my Sanchez

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Anyone wanna trade some wins on PS3? I feel a little bad hustling people with utility races. Hi_There_friends ingame.

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Any chance of getting banned for using this online? I want the Dukes but don't want to lose my account over it.

Also, does anyone know if it is still possible to get an Akuma without the fenders, or is my chance of that gone forever?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Hey Abilifier, Fishmech and Aardmania, just to let you guys know I'm actually going to be around 2 hours earlier than I originally said. So if you guys are about we can heist at 6pm EST.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Scyron posted:

I'm on ps4, sorry.

:(

For shame.

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Hey Abilifier, Fishmech and Aardmania, just to let you guys know I'm actually going to be around 2 hours earlier than I originally said. So if you guys are about we can heist at 6pm EST.

I might be in around 630 or 7, probably not before that. I'll definitely be on tonight for the heist though.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Works for me.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

They have a mod for this now.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Count me in for that time.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Thump! posted:

:(

For shame.

Well then, let's get our own group together. Let's assemble some PC-bros to play through the heists over a few nights. I've got tonight available, though I'm UTC-10 or EST-6, which means it's already evening on the East Coast.

I'm Kahsin on RSSC. Starting Wednesday I should be available anytime everyone else is, otherwise, generally not until after 10 EST.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I know it's a small thing that nobody except me cares about, but thanks to that mod someone posted earlier I am reunited with one of my favorite cars from GTAIV. :neckbeard:

Of course I painted it orange, there's no other acceptable option. :colbert:

I don't think I'm going to get banned. I figured if I was going to get banned they would have banned me the moment I went online and bought the car. As far as they know probably think I just dusted off an old 360 or PS3 to get the content. I'm not paying $30 to buy a last gen game just to get stuff that should have been there in the first place. If it's all just a setting in a cfg file then that's a very scumbag way of keeping content away from those refused to play on lastgen system. gently caress exclusiveness, at least offer the DLC to new players for a small price later on down the road if you're gonna do that.
v

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 16, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'd be worried that would get me nuked from online play

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Xenaero posted:

I'd be worried that would get me nuked from online play

Considering they were banning people for things like fov mods yeah.

Also the van part of Pacific heist is so fun as a driver. The navigators just drive off so you hop in an insurgent and start loving around. That's what you do.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 16, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Who knows, I could still get banned. But I picked up hacker money before and they didn't notice either. :v:

Getting banned would actually be doing me a favor. Online is way too addicting.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
You're modifying game files, which is called out pretty clearly in the EULA. It might be a small enough setting to where it doesn't cross their radar, but they might have a detection for any modification and close based on that.

Also, it looks like the closures happen in waves, it's not always an instant detection -> action issue. It certainly isn't with a game like World of Warcraft, and they're fueled by subscriptions. It's difficult to sustain a robust support and operations department with a one-time purchase product (as evidenced by my 12 day old ticket).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hack job on Pacific standard. Two pubs who don't really know much. First try I cheese it with karuma, guy runs in with two enemies left, dies. Second try, no karuma, he dies after rushing in. Leaves.

Try it again, they actually stay away and let the armor clear it. Get the van, first I try driving since I have heavy armor and know what I'm doing. Guy in back keeps opening van door while wearing crap. Dies. I tell them to both sit in front and drive, I'll cover behind. After finally getting both to sit there and not having one in back, we go. Passenger seat manages to blow us up tossing grenades. Tell them not to do anything, just focus on getting us there. One guy refuses to leave back of the van anymore. Opens door during ride, instantly headshot.

Basically this is my favorite game. In laughing so hard.

• Locked thread