Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Counterpoint: they seem to have power ups that appear to be made to be used in overhead camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the weed farm business is 50% off today, because of course it is

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

FuturePastNow posted:

The buzzard is fast transportation armed with rockets that, if you're a VIP/CEO, you can call directly to your location for free. Being able to hit a button and have an attack helicopter right there is most of the appeal.

I had no idea you could to that. I'm going to do that instead of asking for the Merryweather pickup.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

King Vidiot posted:

I'm just guessing here, but that's probably just a regular combat-plus-stunt race where you get an optional overhead camera like you get with the not-Tron bike mode. I doubt they lock your camera.

It would be real stupid for them to not lock the camera in top down since that would ruin the entire point, to be honest.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I've been watching people play on rp servers which seems pretty interesting. Anyone here play rp and could recommend a good server?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

FuturePastNow posted:

the weed farm business is 50% off today, because of course it is

:420:green:420:tire:420:smoke:420: on sale too

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Harminoff posted:

I've been watching people play on rp servers which seems pretty interesting. Anyone here play rp and could recommend a good server?

I think they're using gta network or fivem or something, which are still in their nascent stages.

fakeedit:
https://fiverp.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHdvL65cl-g

seems pretty fully featured actually, there's even fishing :wtc:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Now i want a *LOVEFISH* shirt

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Today's hacks:
- Player permanently off the radar
- Teleporting hyper-speed karuma
- Turning off passive mode for all in session
- Invisible yachts

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Spatial posted:

Today's hacks:
- Player permanently off the radar
- Teleporting hyper-speed karuma
- Turning off passive mode for all in session

These, I understand.

quote:

- Invisible yachts

This one, I don't. What's the point?! How did you even notice?!?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

CascadeBeta posted:

The spectre is a solid car if you absolutely want to go Benny's. I'm getting the money to upgrade an Itali GTB because I've heard nothing but good things about that one.

The Itali is actually a bit quicker before the Benny's upgrade due to the newish "downforce" physics it acquires with the upgrade. This causes grip to increase when cornering at speed, but it only has a tiny factor of this applied to it.

Stock, it still has the "traction" physics wherein downforce is applied at any speed as long as you have a spoiler equipped.

The upgrade looks great but the car corners better without.

Oh, and same with the Spectre too :downs:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
ps i like the nero custom. good all around racer and has a good basic livery that looks cool with the crew logo on the doors

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The V12 schafter is a "sports" car apparently. I threw one together to race in the sports class stunt races. It handles like a pig, but considering most of the stunt races are just full throttle with minimal turning, it dominates them.

It's also hilarious having people scream about you being a hacker for having a non-sports car in a sports car race, and finishing 10+ seconds ahead with catch-up on.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Hugh Malone posted:

The Itali is actually a bit quicker before the Benny's upgrade due to the newish "downforce" physics it acquires with the upgrade. This causes grip to increase when cornering at speed, but it only has a tiny factor of this applied to it.

Stock, it still has the "traction" physics wherein downforce is applied at any speed as long as you have a spoiler equipped.

The upgrade looks great but the car corners better without.

Oh, and same with the Spectre too :downs:

Oh that's really interesting. I didn't know that. So it'd be better to keep it non custom?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Powershift posted:

The V12 schafter is a "sports" car apparently. I threw one together to race in the sports class stunt races. It handles like a pig, but considering most of the stunt races are just full throttle with minimal turning, it dominates them.

It's also hilarious having people scream about you being a hacker for having a non-sports car in a sports car race, and finishing 10+ seconds ahead with catch-up on.

thats weird. idk if cars are classified differently in stunts?

back in the first year this game was out, the schafter was generally considered to have been the best in its class - a sedan though, not sports car.

thats why you'll see a lot of older players cruisin around in these. Same goes for the Zion which still owns and looks cool in that rich dad's luxury paddle shifter sort of way

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

CascadeBeta posted:

Oh that's really interesting. I didn't know that. So it'd be better to keep it non custom?

The custom still handles well enough for outrunning/ catching most pubbies in free mode, and it looks badass, your call :) I have an itali custom, for zipping around in, but for racing I use the nero custom or re-7b

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

*takes deep breath* Let me see if I can get this right from memory. R* is total poo poo at classing cars for races.

There are 5 Schafters.

The normal old Schafter you can steal off the street is a Sedan, and a decent enough car for the price of free.

The Schafter V12 is a Sports, and the fastest 4-door car in the game. It's far from the fastest Sports car, but most people don't know how to drive anyway.

The Schafter V12 Armored is a Sedan and utterly dominates that race class.

The Schafter LWB is a Sports car and one of the slowest in that class.

The Schafter LWB Armored is a Sedan and better than most of them but that's not saying much.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Powershift posted:

I think the armored v12 is a sedan and the regular v12 is sports, but you can use the armored sedan in sports too or something? I dunno, but the UNarmored v12 has the highest top speed in the sports class

You can use the Stirling gt in sports now, too

E: yeah and what FPN said

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I logged in and was told, "You have been awarded $750." I have no idea why or what the gently caress this was for.

I also love that a lot of public games seem to dump out and leave you alone in them. It makes soloing biker content a breeze and actually fun instead of having random pubbies try and gently caress your poo poo up because the game hates you having fun.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I logged in and was told, "You have been awarded $750." I have no idea why or what the gently caress this was for.

I also love that a lot of public games seem to dump out and leave you alone in them. It makes soloing biker content a breeze and actually fun instead of having random pubbies try and gently caress your poo poo up because the game hates you having fun.

If you transfered your character from the old consoles, and purchased the returning player bonus items, you got a full refund for those items because they are now free to buy for returning players, and only priced for scrubs.

I'm guessing all you bought was the hatchet?

I got like 2.5 mil because i bought all of it at some point.

If you want to split from them normally you can just pause the GTAV process in task manager for a few seconds and everybody will disappear.

Also, turismo classic = sport classics, stirling GT = sports, makes sense.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It WAS the hatchet. And thanks, I was just about to ask if there's a way I can force my session to empty out. GTAO is kind of actually not-great online for free roam stuff.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

I think they're using gta network or fivem or something, which are still in their nascent stages.

fakeedit:
https://fiverp.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHdvL65cl-g

seems pretty fully featured actually, there's even fishing :wtc:

oh my gooood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEV_urBTq_8&t=160s
i have so many racing thought this

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah some people are really good at rp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NytQ21adIp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBs3aZvoX0Y

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Harminoff posted:

Yeah some people are really good at rp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NytQ21adIp4

I haven't played in a while but I need to know if that dress with the wide belt and / or those state trooper uniforms are available on consoles because I require them in my life.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

titties posted:

I haven't played in a while but I need to know if that dress with the wide belt and / or those state trooper uniforms are available on consoles because I require them in my life.

Nope, the only dresses are the sundresses that were available from the start and the flapper style dresses from the St Valentine's themed updates. I think the stuff like police uniforms have only ever been glitches that are patched out when they appear.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I've been grinding a bunch of cash with the 2x bonus and I'm looking for suggestions concerning the best vehicles to aid in making money after the bonus has expired. (and upgrades)

I have bought into every business venture (CEO, Biker, etc) but just wondering what vehicles are considered essential in helping out with the associated missions.

I will say that I have the armored Karuma but not a lot else.

Also curious about the best driving supercar where to comes to speed as well as handling.

These are probably dumb questions to vets, but I've only just started really getting into GTA:O despite being here since the original console launch due to all of the awesome additions.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Most people would say Armoured Kuruma, Insurgent (wither you go for the Technical which needs called in from Pegasus or the unarmed one you can upgrade and store in a garage is kind of up to you) and a Buzzard. I personally prefer the armoured vehicles that came with the CEO update, they're a good compromise between the Kuruma's performance and the Insurgent's toughness. The Duke 'o Death is also in online too, it's similar to the CEO cars but only seats 2 people while the rest hold 4.

titties
May 10, 2012

Anime_Otaku posted:

I personally prefer the armoured vehicles that came with the CEO update

I like them too but the utility of them is diminished because your passengers will always immediately break out the bullet-resistant glass even though you need it to resist bullets.

It is kind of cool that even though I am a console peasant I still get to see nice little touches like the bullets sticking in / marking the glass until it gives way.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The T20 is the go to supercar for all around performance. The RE7B is probably the best racing Super though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

KoRMaK posted:

oh my gooood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEV_urBTq_8&t=160s
i have so many racing thought this

This reminds me of when the PS4 crew was openly talking about exploring some sort of CHiPs parody video series and now I need to get PSN back active and quit watching hockey and doing other things because it's something we have to do.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Anime_Otaku posted:

Nope, the only dresses are the sundresses that were available from the start and the flapper style dresses from the St Valentine's themed updates. I think the stuff like police uniforms have only ever been glitches that are patched out when they appear.

I still have my cop outfit and it rules

titties
May 10, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

I still have my cop outfit and it rules

YOU SON OF A BITCH *said like Chris farley in the movie where he got his nose bit off by a saigon whore*

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wow, you've found a channel worse than the "CAN X STOP THE TRAIN IN GTAV" guy.

There is just a staggering amount of lovely youtubers that put out daily GTA clickbait garbage, but that guy always struck me as the most baffling one.

SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

CascadeBeta posted:

The T20 is the go to supercar for all around performance. The RE7B is probably the best racing Super though.

If you're a good driver the Zentorno is probably still the best supercar for budget vs performance - It's the 3rd fastest lapper in the whole class (Only the Tempesta and RE-7B are faster).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0wpd06NaPQ

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mr Scumbag posted:

looking for suggestions concerning the best vehicles to aid in making money

Contact Missions? CEO VIP work? CEO crate work? Armored Kuruma and Buzzard.
CEO Import/Export? Cargobob.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Also curious about the best driving supercar where to comes to speed as well as handling.

This is absolutely going to be completely subjective. If you have CEO stuff and Import/Export, it's a blast - think of I/E as testdriving.

My first super purchase ever was the RE7B at release, which completely screwed up my perceptions of all other supercars, as the RE7B had a glitch that allowed it to exceed 220mph - Rockstar eventually patched it, and its' top speed has been reined in back to normal, about 120mph. I rarely drive it anymore, despite the guy above's video saying it's still the #1 supercar.

I currently own a bunch of other supercars, and have been driving the Itali GTB Custom and the Nero Custom quite a lot. I just picked up a Tempesta yesterday as well, very fun car but I need more time with it. My ETR1 doesn't see much action anymore but I keep it around for looks - same with my Sultan RS. I also have a Zentorno, which for as cheap as it was, is surprisingly in the top tier of supers (if you believe that video creator.)

Here's that guys Supercar data sorted by lap-time if you're a spreadsheet nerd.

Here's the rest of his data, check the tabs at the bottom.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQND3ikiLzS3Ij9kuV-rVkRtoYetb79c52JWyafb4m4/edit#gid=753713977

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 22, 2017

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I really dig the zentorno I've got. Right now it's my only top-end car but I'm looking to add a couple supers to sit next to it :)

For other money making vehicles, a cargobob might also be an option to help with I/E and crates, but that's probably farther down the list than armored cars and buzzard

It's Friday nite motherfuckers so hopefully a good size crew for hangin out tonight later

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I've seen plenty of people win supers stunt races with Zentornos. It's amazing how it still holds its own against many of the newer supercars. Haven't had much seat time in the Tempesta despite owning one, though.

The Nero Custom's been my go-to for supers races ever since the RE-7B got reined in.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's important to look at how tiny the differences are between the top cars, to the point where I question if that methodology has a margin of error larger than the lap differences. Like if you accept a 1s margin of error that means the top 8 are potentially in any order, and it's really up to you to find the one you drive best.

now maybe the margin is smaller than that but how often will you be so perfectly matched with someone in a customs-on, no slipstream no catchup race that a fraction of a second from the car as opposed to you taking a line better than they did is your sole means of victory?

buy the car you like and ignore the rest

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 22, 2017

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Psion posted:

It's important to look at how tiny the differences are between the top cars, to the point where I question if that methodology has a margin of error larger than the lap differences. Like if you accept a 1s margin of error that means the top 8 are potentially in any order, and it's really up to you to find the one you drive best.

now maybe the margin is smaller than that but how often will you be so perfectly matched with someone in a customs-on, no slipstream no catchup race that a fraction of a second from the car as opposed to you taking a line better than they did is your sole means of victory?

buy the car you like and ignore the rest

Also the testing method has a fairly large problem, being that he does a whole pile of laps and takes only the single best lap for the time, which completely ignores consistency which is pretty important. I suggested he run 5 consecutive laps and drop the best and worst and average the middle three and was rejected, he is only looking for the fastest, period. This leads to issues with cars that are fast but unreliable like the BF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

Just lol if you can't win stunt races in your princess robot bubblegum sultan.

• Locked thread