Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So as someone who is interested in the PC version, is there a goon PC community or would it be a waste to buy now? Also how is online anyway? I haven't played since, like, the game first released on PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

hagie posted:

Got on online for the first time in awhile.

So glad to see 0 has changed in like a month or 2 with hackers vaporizing the entire server.

How common is this? :v:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I bought the game for me and a friend on pc and we had an absolute laugh riot last night trying and failing missions. Ran into a few hackers but whatever, just mostly stayed in private sessions and it was fine.

I'm still repping 1009 though. I should probably join LLJK instead by this point.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So I just replayed through the story mode and now I've got the online bug again. What are people doing for fun in online nowadays? I got randomly invited into LLJK, so I'm all set there, I think. I've done the heists and such.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I got in with the pc crew tonight and it was a riot. Definitely will be playing online more often.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My daily challenge today is to do a rally race. :negative:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

TEAAAM?!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

We ended up doing a bunch of Bike FUNnel and RPGs versus Insurgents. Unsurprisingly, with 20 or so people, things got a little nuts.

Afterwards, we had a car show, with the basic theme of bring your favorite car.

Like all good things, it ended poorly.

We then detoured to the airport and stole a Luxor.

The flight promptly ended when the pilot tried to knife flight through buildings.

Was a complete blast, hope we get that many people in again soon.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

ninjahedgehog posted:

Excuuuuuuse me, that was my own personal Luxor we were flying. And it, uh, totally wasn't me who crashed it.

If it's not mine I just assume we stole it. :colbert:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Golden Bee posted:

Do you think they're going to support GTA5 until GTA6 comes out?

Absolutely. GTA Online has become Rockstar's biggest money maker thanks to the microtransactions. They're going to probably provide free DLC until GTA6.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Rollin' early with Buckshot.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

It keeps happening to me. Every time with Sumo. :negative:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Zigmidge posted:

You see weird things joining goons.

I am so glad you got that.

Rip Wilko, drowned before the race even started.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Are there good Capture missions to do for the double cash, or are they all pretty much garbage?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Can we enter more than one category? I'm assuming each goon can only win one, but might as well try and see what sticks.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://giant.gfycat.com/ColorfulOfficialIraniangroundjay.webm

When they're not hacking, pubs can be amazing. :allears:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Full shot of the hot stripper action (This was for the art contest, although I don't know who ultimately was going to get credit):

As well as some good ol' fashioned FUNnel.

https://giant.gfycat.com/CavernousJauntyEskimodog.webm

I've got something else coming down the pipe, but it's gonna take a while to render.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 21, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Loss ended up way better than I expected. Holy moly.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEgcxAyfmk0

I couldn't think of a good pun about goons and the titan.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NuoQ-ab70

I'm not as good at this as buckshot. :(

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
http://rsg.ms/ba98c03

I made a race, it's probably bad, but I'm getting a handle on the race creator. Definitely will mess around with this more.

Also the loving filter for descriptions sucks rear end. Anything more than I put into the description was "forbidden" and I have no idea why.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
It seems like only the lowest rank yacht is for sale (3 mil instead of 6 mil). I'm like 99% sure there's no point in buying a yacht, but is there ANY benefit to it?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I think unless I find a hacker to vomit money on me, I'm just gonna save for the new update instead.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/LameAgreeableKiwi

We discovered the fun of parachute physics tonight.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So do you need an office and a warehouse? I've got just over 3 mill banked. I wonder if that's enough.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Anime_Otaku posted:

More than enough to get started. Admittedly I don't know if there's any gameplay difference between offices but you can get the cheapest office for 1 million without upgrades and then the small warehouse for about 250 - 500k. Which is enough to get started. I moved 2 crates and got about the same as a sightseer mission for slightly more time, but more enjoyable too.

Cool. I'll mess around with it when I get home from work then.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That's what concerns me the most. Why make it only public when your online is so completely hosed says to me they either don't know or don't care.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Servers are still down for PC. Can't even gently caress around in single player while waiting for social club to try and connect because it kicked me out of the game for not being signed in. :/

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is there any reason to buy the safe in the office? What does it do?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Bullet Club LLC is available for owning nerds.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Honestly completing a pick up or sale should immediately trigger an associate paycheck. I think it does so currently for the sale but not pickups. That would make it way better to remain a loyal associate over the long term and see a job to the end.

v Absolutely! I've loved it so far as both a CEO and a henchman

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I think when I get home today I'm going to venture into the public wilds to see if I can hire some pubs to get my warehouse filled and sold so I can upgrade to a medium warehouse.

I also need to think of a new Corp name that isn't just a reference. 'Gangland Waste' is my current top candidate.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Akion posted:

I think the trick is to just slowly fill your WH when you are loving around in open, then when it's time to empty it get on Mumble and line up enough goons to cover your sale safely. Once you've sold yours, you help anyone else that needs to sell theirs, and so on...

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Has anyone had a warehouse attack happen? I heard people saying it could happen last night.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 8, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Anime_Otaku posted:

Yeah, it's a 520k add on for the office.

Plus a 250k renovation cost if you buy it after the office.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Medullah posted:

Aside from looking cooler, there's no reason to add the amenities and interior decorations to an office, right? No bonus to missions and such

The only thing that has a benefit is the gun safe. Otherwise, the 4 million+ office works the same as the bare minimum.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

StabMasterArson posted:

I just sold the contents of my (full) warehouse, completed the mission and got $0 and an empty warehouse :suicide:

Put in a ticket to Rockstar and bug them on Twitter. That sounds like the best way to ensure your ticket gets answered.

Unrelated but someone who has both the reaper and the fmj, is there one I should buy over the other? What are their strengths?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to try and stock and sell my. Medium. Warehouse tonight so I'll keep the camera on and ready.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I got a crazy idea this morning. Anyone want to do a Criminal Mastermind group?

Edit: for pc

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 10, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Are you on PC? I forgot to mention what platform I was on. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Cage posted:

I would love to do criminal mastermind, but I don't trust myself 100% not to die at the bank heist on-foot getaway. I've done it dozens of times but I would be embarrassed as hell if I ruined things for 3 other people because putting on armor is so cumbersome.

I wish the first person heist bonus wasn't so piddly, 100k is nothing. It sounds really fun to do though so thats why its not worth anything.

I fully expect to die in really dumb ways along the way so don't let that stop you.

• Locked thread