Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Anyone on ps3 wanna help me unlock the engine upgrades with races?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

sorry, I just woke up from a nap a bit ago, when works for you?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Sorry man I ended up taking a bubble bath and poo poo.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've been killed and killed LLJK members, but only in the most hilarious of situations.

edit: and sometimes accidentally.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

titties posted:

lol we're still not getting them this year.

:siren: PS3 remnant :siren:, let's get something going!

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

PRESENTS: The 2nd Occasional Johnny Klebitz Memorial Motorcycle Run & Meth Cook-off

The dissolution of the Zombies13 MC and subsequent death of the Federated Alliance of Goon Motorcycle Organizations (FAGMO) doesn't mean we can't honor the death of one of the state's preeminent motorcycle enthusiasts. Join us :siren: TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) :siren: for an evening of car and motorcycle races, kicked off by a motorcycle run and murder spree through Los Santos and Blaine County.

(photo courtesy Ben Solo)

If you have a particular race you'd like to run, go ahead and link that poo poo.

Quote this post to secure your slot (lol there are like 5 of us)

1.) titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2.) BitBasher returns from last-gen retirement! (requested race not available on PS3)
3.) <maybe> TheDarkFlame (PSN: FlamingDarkness [I think?])
4.) Zenzizenzizenzic (PSN: Otiosely) [Clowning Around]
5.) Tony SpaZ (PSN: Tony_SpaZ)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)

I'm in, psn is fresh420prince.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
this gingerbread man mask is fantastic

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've always wondered why the buzzard's homing missiles don't lock on to other players. That would level the playing field a bit...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Best thing heard in a public lobby last night while dicking around: "yo whose the human being gingerbread man that keeps coming at me"

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The Futo is very fun for drifting.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Always classic. Especially when they've been running from a group of other pubbies chasing them.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

frenton posted:

Wow, I've never once used Merryweather as a helicopter taxi service. I've used them exclusively as a helicopter delivery for so long that getting a ride anywhere didn't even strike me as an option I had.

To be honest I dont think i've ever seen anyone not just immediately shoot the merryweather pilot when he gets there.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Why cant we use sniper rifles from the rear gunner seats in helicopters?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I just want to be able to use the heavy weapons and the marksman rifle from the gunner positions in helicopters

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Maytag posted:

Is anyone going to Heist on PS3?

yup, fresh420prince

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Maytag posted:

Is anyone going to Heist on PS3?

santanotreal posted:

Absolutely. I'll be spending as much time as I can heisting on PS3 if there are other goons to team up with.

fyodor posted:

yep, Space_Echo

What timezones are you guys?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
if you ever decide to do a heist or two hit me up. fresh420prince

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

santanotreal posted:

Central time

Maytag posted:

EST, psn is maaaytag, in game Bud_F. I am mediocre to decent, have a mic, and a lot of heart.

Pacific here. I'm sure we can work something out.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Maytag posted:

PS3, sent a few friend requests out, I should be on 9 pm EST Tuesday.

I will be on as well then.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Looks like the update is out on ps3 and 360

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Elth posted:

It's been a while since I've touched this game. I decided to try it again on a lark yesterday and you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that heists were added this morning. I managed to do the whole tutorial heist before the servers got too unstable to actually play.

Are the PS3 and PS4 versions able to play with each other? In any case, I'm on PS3 and my PSN is "elthmysterius". Add me and I'll hop on in a bit to try to heist some more.

EDIT: I assume the 1000-1009 crew is defunct, but I like the crew icon enough to keep it active. :frog:

added u

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Magneto Rex posted:

I'm on PS3 now if anyone wants to try a heist. I'm sick of waiting for my roommates to be ready and switched to LLJK. Loser_Rex if you're down.

hey man, i dont have a mike but i have a want to get passed the prison break heist so i can host the humane raid. come join me

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
im fresh420prince btw

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

santanotreal posted:

Please someone on PS3 save me from doing heists with pubbies.

I'll be on around 4 pm pacific time... Jesus Christ we could not finish the prison heist last night. Anyone else who is ps3, joi nme later today so we can move past the prison breakout so we can start on the chemical labs raid.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

i flunked out posted:

I'll be on around 4 pm pacific time... Jesus Christ we could not finish the prison heist last night. Anyone else who is ps3, joi nme later today so we can move past the prison breakout so we can start on the chemical labs raid.

Well I somehow managed to beat it in one go with an entire crew of pubbies. Goddamn I really enjoyed being Prisoner. I'll be able to host the humane labs raid at four later today on ps3. who is in?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

cka posted:

I'll hop on that with you, hopefully the hydras won't troll my rear end like they did this morning

last night the lazers trolled me and ilgan out of beating the prison heist. They decided to not go after the pilot and instead bombed the poo poo out of us. We were pretty close to getting Rashkovsky out too...

for those that want to, I just hopped into online.ill be on here for a little bit just dicking around. shoot me a message if you want to join!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Scylla posted:

What's up folks. I've been away for a lonnnng time (still on PS3, unfortunately), but now I'm ready to get back in the game and give those heists a try.

Who's still on PS3 here?

me. im about to do a run through of the 3rd heist, the chemical one. friend me up fresh420prince

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Scylla posted:

Hah, I got a friend request from you earlier today. How did you know it was me?

I sent it like, right before i posted...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

thehustler posted:

Nobody wants to join my heist setups ever. I'm struggling to do Prison Break because of this.

Is there a goon crew on PS3? Or does anyone want to help? I'm on as Pentler, no mic I'm afraid

yo yo yo im fresh420prince and im good at heisting, except for hacking. im hosting the trevor heist tonight, and wil probably host the next one tomorrow

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

santanotreal posted:

There's still a group of us on PS3 doing heists. We kinda jump around what one we do each night so far. Feel free to add me (should be same name as forums) as I will be on all week doing heists occasionally. We are generally on starting at 7pm or 8pm central time.

Sorry I never responded last night. I ended up doing a midterm until like.... 10:30.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've been trying to get through a single successful run of the trash mission in the series a heist for the past threeish days... I hate pubbies with such burning passion right now.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

brylcreem posted:

I completed the first heist as host, through the help of a very patient pubbie - I kept loving up the circuit board thing.

Now on to bigger and better gently caress ups!

you cant possibly be worse than me

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

santanotreal posted:

gently caress that mission. A single mishap and the whole thing starts over, no checkpoints.

While it is tough, some of the poo poo ive seen pubbies do in that mission is infuriating. I've had like 90% of my run throughs failed because some idiot thought he could take on a huge group of vagos, left me to do all of the collecting, and died almost immediately.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
another day passes, and i still haven't beaten this goddamn trash mission. worst pubbie of the day was the guy who threw a tantrum that someone else started driving away from a trash pickup. he got out and wouldnt get in the garbage truck then eventually killed himself and left the voting screen after sending the rest of us messages that called us fags.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

geeves posted:

The invitations do not say the player's crew affiliation (though I think it did at one point then it vanished). The invites are further broken because after you open and invite and view it, the invites then all appear to be from one player, so you'll have 6 invites to different heists and setups (and missions) all from the same player.

They work for me on ps3 about 75% of the time

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

And lastly me and Bisticlz decide to use bikes as ramps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C7DV_57S7M

I did this, but when I ran over the bike it exploded and the van caught on fire. Almost exactly where you are in that video in fact. It didnt go out until I made the turn for the lighthouse either.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Thats what I did. The navigator I was with had done it before so I went and stocked up on ammo and then did stunt jumps.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

epsilon-6 posted:

If anyone wants to do some heists or dailies or whatever on ps3, I'm tenderclownhug.

I want to get through the loving prison break and move on so bad. :(

gonna add you as a friend im fresh420prince

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
As I was rampaging around with some aussies in my Insurgent, a thought came to me...

Can you call it in on missions, like you can with buzzards?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

geeves posted:

No even though there is one on top of Richards Majestic.

Best case is to get garage on Exceptionalists Way by the airport. Then you're a quick drive to the airport pads. If you by chance bought Alta St, you're also very close to the heli pads at the La Puerta Docks.

I'm a fan of the garages right near those, the ones on Greenwitch Parkway. Theres a little back way that puts you right out at the los santos customs, and you can get to the airport pretty easily as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Avocados posted:

Thanks freshprince (still not sure of your SA name yet) for the help with my very first heist :3:. Drilling is incredibly hard, so sorry about that ineptitude. I also don't know why the receive volume was so low, all my settings checked out fine so who knows. I'm really glad this heist only required 2 people, as participating in setups with other pubbies is utter hell. I should really get a BT headset sooner or later. It's rather cheesy typing in lingo from the early 2000s.

I'm fresh prince, and no problem. next time you want to do a heist tell me and id be glad to help again.

• Locked thread