Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

macro transaction jfc

heh i ninja edit but you caught me being retard. Hi I'm copper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I haven't tried it yet but Rockstar added some adversary mode that said "And for the first time ever in GTA online: RAILGUN"

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
But we're still best buds. Life imitating art.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Cool camera work and editing and all but uhhh might I suggest you make a thing happen in it. If you make some more things happen it would be a lot more cool.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

UserErr0r posted:

I've watched this 25 times in a row just to enjoy zidmidge getting his neck snapped over and over again.
What are you guys using to record clips on demand?

I like how on car-cam it's just another day in GTA, speeding around, knockin some chump off his bike, and keep on truckin'. But on bike-cam it's this super disorienting devastating WTF is happening style crash.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Umm, that's not what happened

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

BitBasher posted:

I can kick some random people I don't recognize....

[EDIT]Like maybe:
xjohnson21
xmnn11
VeggieSmuggler
von_nass

They don't even have social club avatars.

not von_nass he is active cool and good

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Jose Mengelez posted:

The dinosaur;s fine

its actually awful (sorry whoever made it)

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Alan BStard posted:

The fairest cut for Pac Standard is 0/35/35/30. Do not accept anything less.

I prefer 0/0/50/50 myself ;)

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Kelly posted:

I played drop zone with Copperfronts...sorry I had to jump off like that.

Oh you and your puns

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Well in lieu of a definite culprit I suppose I'll just blame it on Dread, as always.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I got BB's back because he is nice and cool but I must disagree with you here. I actually like grinding missions and stuff. I guess it could feel like a chore when you're saving up to buy something but I've got enough money to hold me over. Once you buy all the cars, clothes, and houses you want there's nothing left to do but grind with em'. Grinding IS the game and I love it.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

How do you feel about being mugged?

Personally, I think its a scary and traumatic experience.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxzNKs9DojE&t=61s

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Sapient Afro posted:

Knowing rockstar, it's gonna cost a bare minimum of 5 million in real estate just to get set up to do the missions, and require you grind out 10 straight hours of boring courier missions just to break even.

It's this. So predictable.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Aardmania posted:

Most of the buildings that are in this game have a real life counterpart in Los Angeles. Here's an interactive map that has many of these places identified.

http://grandtheftdata.com/landmarks/#0,0,2,satellite

My favorite are the houses plucked straight out of the Hollywood Hills and plopped right into the Vinewood Hills. Can you imagine being some rich guy that lives there and see your actual fuckin' house digitized in-game?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Hugh Malone posted:

This means everyone should buy Las luganas #4 with your armored kuruma in the 3rd slot so I don't have to be the only drat one drivin in the friggin pac standerds

Drive the bikes. Always drive the bikes.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

SplitSoul posted:

So, what settings in NetLimiter to abuse the gently caress out of this update?

What I do is fire up a bunch of torrents and completely tank my download speed, then start server hopping. I dunno if I'm just getting lucky or it's actually working but I've had success getting into lobbies alone like this.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

BitBasher posted:

And the warehouse is full as far as I can tell.

What exactly happens when your warehouse is attacked? I've had a large and medium warehouse full and I've never been attacked. I kinda interpreted "holding stock is risky" to just mean bigger sale = bigger risk.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

UserErr0r posted:

I keep getting calls about a special opportunity, so I head right to my office, log into the computer... and there's no special job. This is at least the fourth time.

From my experience there is only one special crate for the whole lobby so everyone gets the call. The first person back to the office and logs in to the computer gets it and no one else. I did miss a special crate when I was playing completely alone so I'm assuming they are timed as well.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dryer Lint posted:

Hey you stupid fuckers quit complaining about pubbies destroying your special cargo. Block port 6672 in windows firewall advanced and run cargo without pubby interference all day long. If you're too goddamn lazy to do that don't expect me to listen to your salty-rear end whinging.

Yeah, who wants to play their online video games with their friends anyway?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

sigseven posted:

Stock bike, no slipstream, and still missed the checkpoint jumping over it.

9 times out of 10 if I try a wicked sick motorcycle backflip I'll overshoot the checkpoint, the track, everything. It's so stupid that backflips somehow make you more aerodynamic and fly forever.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Hugh Malone posted:

"I sell my crates by me self because I dot trust the goons with them

I love playng wih myself"

- me and copperfronts and cuteasheck and some peopel

~knuckles~

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Capn Beeb posted:

It seems buying a biker business out in the desert is the way to go simply because you don't have to drive a loving anemic UPS truck up twisty Vinewood hills at a blistering 15MPH.

Actually if you buy a biker business out in the desert the high $ option will just have you driving the same anemic UPS trucks through the Vinewood Hills from the other direction.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I too have been playing video games.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

FuturePastNow posted:

mine is The Human Fund

Money for people.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Optiquest posted:

Anything cool come out since heists? What are these gangs/ceo/crates about?

you invest gta money for exciting new opportunities to grind for gta money

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Bloops Crusts posted:

What's the best way to make money solo this update? Is it still motorcycle businesses or is the car boosting viable and profitable?

Due to hyperinflation of the San Andreas economy by the Federal Reserve Bank of Rockstar Games a sustainable cost of living has been rendered nonviable, let alone profitable.

Just fill up your drug businesses with supplies then go collect boxes or steal cars or whatever. In the end, it's all kinda the same.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Anime_Otaku posted:

So, since I got the full CEO garage I decided to get the Moonbeam since I sold it for space previously and discovered that, if you buy the auto shop upgrade then Benny's is obsolete. That seems like kind of a bad move to me, also found an aggravation with the car sales, specifically the collections. It turns out it's not just any car of that model, you need to randomly get the right license plate on it too.

On the other hand, when I spend a couple million dollars on a garage with a chop shop I hope it has as many features as possible. Good move.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Psion posted:

It does, but if you're doing a lot of solo import/export, it's going to save you money fast once you do learn how to do it. Collecting a car, most cases you can just fly over NPCs and save yourself $5k in bulletholes.

So you only have to steal 400 cars to break even on your $2,000,000 cargobob purchase lol I'm not sure I'd describe this as saving money "fast"

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

OwlFancier posted:

At $80,000 per sell that would be, er, 25 cars, not 400...

But the cars aren't worth zero dollars if you don't have a cargobob. If you're saving $5,000 in repairs per car it's 400 cars.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Psion posted:

I think it's a little disingenuous to claim the only money you save is the bullet holes, because the Cargobob method is also much faster than driving in many situations, especially if you stop to get out and shoot the 4 waves of enemy NPCs to prevent them from loving up a sale car. also it works for both import and export so you save twice.

still you aren't wrong, it's expensive - and it's all up to you if the Cargobob is worth it :shrug:

Yeah, I'm just saying that people shouldn't fret so much about the repairs cost cutting into their sweet, sweet profits. You can still make plenty of money just driving the cars and it doesn't require an additional 2 mil investment and a poo poo load of grind time to earn back. And I know this is a matter of opinion but it's way more fun to actually drive them too.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Goofballs posted:

I think the funniest part of this interaction has been how do you not know his name? they literally doesn't interact with people. cool

Your call could not be completed as dialed. Please hang up and try again.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

YAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Zigmidge posted:

https://imgur.com/s2y0is8

Only assholes play this game anymore. People who get beat up in school and go around on their stupid rocket bikes bullying people online.

jfc can i be your friend pls

• Locked thread