Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
It's Great Cave Offensive, but I'm open to wrong opinions as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

It's Great Cave Offensive, but I'm open to wrong opinions as well

You are right, thread over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Does anyone think it's anything other than Great Cave Offensive, like I wasn't even aware this was a debate.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Does anyone think it's anything other than Great Cave Offensive, like I wasn't even aware this was a debate.

Milky Way Wishes is really good too.

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

Milky Way Wishes is really good too.

Yeah but you said the best did you not?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

great cave offensive is pretty badass

milky way wishes is cool, and the DSmake adds a bunch of very cool very hard modes, including one where you play as metaknight and wreck poo poo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Revenge of Meta Knight

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Milky Way Wishes takes too long to unlock. Great Cave Offensive is best.

Kirby Superstar DS is good though.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Megaton Punch. loving break Popstar in half cause you are a loving force of loving nature DEITY.

Serious note, I can't pick. It ranks as one of my favorite games of all time, to the point that from Great Cave Offensive on through the fight with Marx the game is just pure good. It must be noted that Meta Knight's Revenge has some of the best kirby music in the series.

God loving damnit. Excuse me while i play the game again.

Dec 26, 2012

i never really put much thought into it because the only ones that are really distinct gameplaywise are milky way wishes and great cave offensive and gco > mww so yeah

whole game owns though. i had a lot of fun with the boss rush too

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FO_o7sC60

The great cave offensive is extremely my poo poo, youre right OP.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well we can discuss the second best which is obv. Milky Way Wishes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

meta knight's revenge

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Great Cave Offensive is real good but I like Milky Way Wishes because you can be yoyo Kirby forever and it also lets your co-op buddy use copy forever (or just play like P1 but eh), aka the best power sets for each

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

Great Cave Offensive is real good but I like Milky Way Wishes because you can be yoyo Kirby forever and it also lets your co-op buddy use copy forever (or just play like P1 but eh), aka the best power sets for each

theres also a slight metroidvania element to it where you can go back to old levels with new powers and discover new sections and poo poo

kirby and the amazing mirror is that idea expanded to a full game and it's pretty loving cool

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the arena

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The one where you play as Kirby.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

True Arenas are tight as hell on most Kirby games. Couldnt even finish the one on the newest 3DS one

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

i'm also going with Great Cave Offensive because it's the best, yo.

Dec 26, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

True Arenas are tight as hell on most Kirby games. Couldnt even finish the one on the newest 3DS one

is it harder than the original's arena or something because that already took some doing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

is it harder than the original's arena or something because that already took some doing

in the DS make there are 10 new bosses, most of them are just harder versions of existing bosses (masked dedede, wham bam crystal, final marx) and then there's Galacta Knight who is a total beast

you need to fight the 10 of them in a row, but instead of five maxim tomatoes you get five regular tomatoes which restore about 20% of your health each

Dec 26, 2012

oh my

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
cave is the best, but revenge of meta knight had the best bosses (and story). Milky way wishes was cool because your could switch powers like mega man.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Milky Way Wishes because being able to choose your ability whenever you want owns.

Stone all day. Followed by hammer, then sword, then yo-yo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i don't let myself use hammer because it gets tempting to just hammer throw constantly

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

lol if you don't use suplex or parasol 24/7

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

darealkooky posted:

lol if you don't use suplex or parasol 24/7

uhh my idiot friend was like "what but suplex doesnt work on bosses" and i was like WATCH THIS and i suplexed one of the counter stars youre given into dedede's fat face and ruined him

suplex is the best

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
milky way wishes because you can always have the yoyo power.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

uhh my idiot friend was like "what but suplex doesnt work on bosses" and i was like WATCH THIS and i suplexed one of the counter stars youre given into dedede's fat face and ruined him

suplex is the best

oh and this reminds me, i was playing super star ultra and grabbed one of dynablade's stars with yoyo and slammed it right into her head as she went to peck me and killed her. one of the most badass things i've ever done.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

even if you don't throw stars/enemies you can still just divekick bosses to death like a man

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

it's great cave offensive thanks

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Talkc posted:

Megaton Punch

this

but great cave offensive is pretty good too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm pretty sure that reflexes dueling one, what's it called, is partly responsible for me and my brother sort of hating each other to this day

| yeah, that
|
V

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 21, 2014

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
samurai kirby

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Why hasn't yoyo been in more games?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Looper posted:

Why hasn't yoyo been in more games?

Yoyo was a product of the 90s so take it up with global culture at large I guess

Bobnumerotres posted:

kirby and the amazing mirror is that idea expanded to a full game and it's pretty loving cool

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the second best Kirby game right behind Superstar imhio (in my humble imp op.).

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Countblanc posted:

samurai kirby

i think the last cpu opponent in that would slice you in 9 miliseconds which is humanly impossible to react to so you just had to get lucky

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think the last cpu opponent in that would slice you in 9 miliseconds which is humanly impossible to react to so you just had to get lucky

I can beat the True Arena but I have never defeated Meta Samurai

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

I can beat the True Arena but I have never defeated Meta Samurai

i think even in a dangerous situation human reaction time is more than .10 seconds so dont feel any shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No mention of Dyna-Blade is sad. That was my favorite when I played it

• Locked thread