Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hmmm i think nintendo makes some good games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
personally, i think kirby and metroid are nintendo's two greatest franchises. i used to be real big into zelda back in the day but not so much now.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
The DS Zelda games are terrible

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

i don't let myself use hammer because it gets tempting to just hammer throw constantly

If you're playing Milky Way Wishes, you can just give yourself another hammer.

Jet was my favourite ability. The fully-charged grab is possibly the most powerful move in the series, besides one-offs like Crash.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I liked Fighter for its versatility.

Also Plasma is basically cheating.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sword was cool and an obvious zelda reference but the air attacks bounced off of everything and the ground combo would move you around, putting you in danger. it also dealt poo poo damage.

best one was yo-yo really. great range, went through walls for puzzles, great running attack, powerful boss killer. and it was cool as hell

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

sword was cool and an obvious zelda reference but the air attacks bounced off of everything and the ground combo would move you around, putting you in danger. it also dealt poo poo damage.

best one was yo-yo really. great range, went through walls for puzzles, great running attack, powerful boss killer. and it was cool as hell

Yeah

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

Also was an Earthbound reference.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
What do y'all think of the Dedede drumbeat minigame in Triple Deluxe? It looked like baby trash on paper but it turned out pretty good and balls hard.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The strongest Kirby power is stone. Not only does it gently caress the enemy up, it leaves you invincible afterward.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Gimbal lock posted:

What do y'all think of the Dedede drumbeat minigame in Triple Deluxe? It looked like baby trash on paper but it turned out pretty good and balls hard.

Apparently the eShop versions of th Triple Deluxe minigames expand upon them some with more levels or w/e.

Brawl Ball from Kirby Mass Attack is pretty fun, and a go-to toilet/time killer minigame for me.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

Bobnumerotres posted:

Yo-yo also has Gazer Spiral, the most stylish attack in Kirby. Whip Tornado is an admirable heir to the throne, but not close enough.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
wing lets you move around at infinite speed crashing into everything, and has the shuttle loop, so i'm glad it is still being used
mirror is maximum wizard mode. rip mirror, you were too magical for this world

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mirror was my favorite Kirby power besides Ball, but Ball was useless.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

I love it but it's so goddamn hard.

I also love the Endless Traveler remix at the end of this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yoyo made a very satisfying sound

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Discount Viscount posted:

Brawl Ball from Kirby Mass Attack is pretty fun, and a go-to toilet/time killer minigame for me.

i've never understood the appeal of playing video games while taking a poo poo. it's like eating when you take a poo poo, it just feels gross. and yeah i know i'm losing imp cred by admitting this but seriously

not that i've ever eaten while taking a poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Suplex was loving win.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

The White Dragon posted:

i've never understood the appeal of playing video games while taking a poo poo. it's like eating when you take a poo poo, it just feels gross. and yeah i know i'm losing imp cred by admitting this but seriously

not that i've ever eaten while taking a poo poo

s'all good I understand completely.

You probably have a better diet than I do.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Suplex was loving win.
nothing more satisfying than blazing through the arena by throwing poo poo at bosses

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

playing as the helper is better than playing as kirby because kirby's flying is lame

plasma helper in particular completely outclasses plasma kirby, and looks cooler too

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
lol if you intentionally use any helper besides tac or wheelie

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

darealkooky posted:

gently caress off

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

got superstar for my birthday and it went from very cool game to one of my favorites ever when my friend picked up player 2 and said holy poo poo i'm playing and i called him a loving liar

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

revenge of meta knight and great cave offensive are tied btw

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

darealkooky posted:

i intentionally made my friends play as tac and wheelie

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

tactical arm cannon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mirror is definitely the best power

honorable mention goes to ghost

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Beetle in Triple Deluxe is a fun power.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
if you're like me and like getting mad at video games and actually want a Kirby game to be decently challenging, any of the true arenas in any Kirby game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mirror was really cool but it was cheap because if you blocked with it, you got complete invulnerability to all damage instead of just reduced damage.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

mirror was really cool but it was cheap because if you blocked with it, you got complete invulnerability to all damage instead of just reduced damage.

I'm pretty sure bugzy could still suplex your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Blocking was yet another way in which TAC was the cheapest helper.

• Locked thread