Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbolic Smokeball
Nov 2, 2011
Looking forward to this. I started my first FF8 file about 4 years ago, got a few hours into disc 2 before stopping, then restarted about 2 years ago and stopped playing around same part. This summer I had two weeks off where I resumed from my save point and played right through to the end. And I loved every minute of it.

The game is definitely flawed and has lots of unfulfilled ideas, but it stands out as one of the most unique FF games for both the battle system and its setting.

I vote for Default names because I'm boring that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbolic Smokeball
Nov 2, 2011
I appreciate the restraint you're showing from completely breaking the game. Having the discipline to not completely break a jRPG when you know how is much more of a challenge than the non-broken game

Carbolic Smokeball
Nov 2, 2011
You could say that about so many other FF characters though. What's wrong with having superfluous characters to pad out a party?

Carbolic Smokeball
Nov 2, 2011
Hell, FF4 DS is awesome because even random encounters are difficult. When I first played I tried mashing A to roll through Imps just outside Baron and I got rolled myself when I wasn't paying attention.

That game is unforgiving on your first playthrough. But refreshing given how many jRPGs the "mash A/X" strategy works on

Carbolic Smokeball
Nov 2, 2011

Burger Flipper posted:

A fish. :v:

I both love and hate FH here. It's an interesting enough little town, but it always felt to me like they had a bigger plan with it they never followed through on.

I get that feeling a lot with this game, not just FH.

• Locked thread