Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

For those who are not in the know, 3D Realms(of Duke Nukem and ROTT fame) has recently been acquired by Interceptor Entertainment (creators of the ROTT remake). On top of relaunching the company website and promising new games, Frederik Schreiber (Interceptor's CEO) has discovered a backlog of betas of old 3D Realms and Apogee games, including Duke Nukem 3D! The betas will be repakaged and released to the gaming community, that is if some 14 year old retard doesn't stop harassing Frederik.

So the question is, does this kid really have that much power over this company, or did the CEO realize that releasing long-lost betas for free wouldn't make them a lot of money. Let's discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

So let me get this straight: A CEO is getting loving owned by an autistic teenage boy?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Endorph posted:

So let me get this straight: A CEO is getting loving owned by an autistic teenage boy?

It's like highlander, the one who wins gets to keep the cushy, overpaid job and the loser is forgotten to history.

My money's on the autistic kid.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Balllllllssss of steel

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Only Frederick I care about is Frederick Wester.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
How is he preventing the beta releases OP?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

voltron lion force posted:

How is he preventing the beta releases OP?

it looks like the ceo is saying "we're getting mean internet emails, which is pretty discouraging so we're not going to release this"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DaveSplitter posted:

For those who are not in the know, 3D Realms(of Duke Nukem and ROTT fame) has recently been acquired by Interceptor Entertainment (creators of the ROTT remake). On top of relaunching the company website and promising new games, Frederik Schreiber (Interceptor's CEO) has discovered a backlog of betas of old 3D Realms and Apogee games, including Duke Nukem 3D! The betas will be repakaged and released to the gaming community, that is if some 14 year old retard doesn't stop harassing Frederik.

So the question is, does this kid really have that much power over this company, or did the CEO realize that releasing long-lost betas for free wouldn't make them a lot of money. Let's discuss.

Lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why does this autistic kid not want the betas released? Was this kid even alive when that game came out?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
14 year olds are dumb

I'm an idiot now, I can't imagine how stupid I was when I was 14

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Eonwe posted:

it looks like the ceo is saying "we're getting mean internet emails, which is pretty discouraging so we're not going to release this"

He said someone got his number and was calling him in the middle of the night

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why? I read that dudes link I do t see why anyone is going through the trouble of loving with this guy so hard

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
man this internet hater starved for attention and validation he's loving with us is really loving with us, better tell the internet that his attempts are finding success and that there's nothing we can do to stop it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hemale in pain posted:

He said someone got his number and was calling him in the middle of the night

yea loving with someone irl is pretty terrible

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
What would a crank call from a 14 year old autist even consist of?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

These days? Swatting.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
How the gently caress can anyone get intimidated by a 14 year old autistic boy?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

What's the legal status of the situation of that human being?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ddraig posted:

itd own if hed just used the duke nukem soundboard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
have you guys seen this epic video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eckoYQqdk28

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

This strikes me as an unlikely story.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

90's Niche games were so goddamn weird.

I mean we get a lot of indie crap today too but the 90s were smoking their own brand of crack.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
my uncle works at nintendo and he says the betas will be released

this is a true thing please do not disagree for that would make you the liar

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Speedball posted:

90's Niche games were so goddamn weird.

I mean we get a lot of indie crap today too but the 90s were smoking their own brand of crack.

PC Gamer used to be really entertaining back in the day reviewing some of those.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Look you don't understand, that kid called him at home.

*HITS THE PROJECT ABORT BUTTON*

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I think once you start getting owned by an autist that's barely in high school its time to sit back and reassess your life choices.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Maybe the guy doesn't understand the nature of autism and thinks the kid has some sort of superpower that can gently caress him up.

Like an X-Man or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Wasn't aware that 3DR got bought out for a re-launch. I figured Broussard just leveraged the IP for capital somehow (hence that recent complete pack) and was breathing life back into 3DR after spending $30 mil+ on DNF.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Why does this autistic kid not want the betas released? Was this kid even alive when that game came out?

Doesn't look like it according to his own profile...but that's how autists work, isn't it? More often than not, unexplainable obsessions with completely inane stupid bullshit. They can't all be Temple Grandin. So here's a real winner whose life revolves around games, only instead of JRPGs or Pokemon or Sonic, it's betas of PC games from the 90s. Not that much of a stretch.

• Locked thread