Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Guys, guys, Sasha Grey is a legitimate actress http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2340248/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
You're supposed to dress up for church, not down. Ugh, people today.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Human Grand Prix posted:

The last 6 or so years have been pretty dire as well.

I can't tell if this is a serious post.

Ferrari WCC results: 4,3,3,2,3,4

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
For reference: The Watch Thread

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I wrote it months ago. Please use in the 2015 season opener, thanks.

It was the dawn of a new age.
Honda has returned to Formula 1.

Ron Dennis hopes to rekindle the unholy alliance that dominated the sport from 1988-1991. No stone was left unturned at McLaren after Ron Dennis took back the reigns. The weak (Sam Michael) were culled and the strong (Podromou) were poached. The former head aero genius at the no good cheating drink company's rolling marketing now controls the winds at a proper racing focused engineering team.

Ron Dennis' final coup to bring it all together on track was liberating Fernando Alonso from the stifling incompetency of a Spaghetti team.
In an uncharacteristically smart decision, most likeable British Tory racing driver Jenson Button was retained to be his team mate.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
:lol: Sauber lost their age old NEC sponsorship.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

The Sweet Hereafter posted:

No, it's a half Finnish tax exile.

Half Finn, Half German

Full Monegasque

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Alain Post posted:

I've always heard that the Microsoft Dynamics deal isn't actually bringing in any cash either.

They're saving on license fees using that piece of poo poo, so that's something.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Nico pretty much confirmed Merc are doing reliability testing.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

dreesemonkey posted:

I'm genuinely interested to see how Ferrari do this year, if they start competing with Williams and RBR I really think there may be some weight behind the "Alonso sucks at testing" sentiment and they just needed someone in there like Vettel to put in the time.

Alonso might suck at testing but that is not really an excuse when you have other drivers around for feedback.

quote:

Where in the gently caress are McLaren getting that kind of money.

Honda is supposedly paying 133 million Euro a year.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Gene Haas has not only hired former Red Bull Chief Designer Rob Taylor, known for his revolutionary and groundbreaking RB1 car, but also said he would like to run a yellow car.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Jedit posted:

#keepfuckingnicole

#oldwomenforlewis

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Vettel on record saying he will stick to the helmet design!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Silver's the McLaren colour.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Enzo's Embarrassment.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
If you give me 50 mill a year I promise to run a team that will always suck and score a point once in 10 years, yet never go bankrupt.

What I am saying is, I would run Minardi 2.0.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Yeah Minardi just sold every spot on that car and tried to make it work.

It was a terrible day Red Bull swallowed them up.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Bring back customer cars!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
STR can't go under, they are Red Bull B.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Earlier, Ferrari dissed Alonso; now Massa is dissing Ferrari!

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/formel1/news-207238-massa-bei-ferrari-gab-es-viele-leere-worte/

"Everything I have seen at Williams is real. At this time of the year you hear a lot of claims like 'this year's car is fantastic' or 'we did a great job'. I heard that a lot at Ferrari but it wasn't true. That's the difference between [Williams] and Ferrari."

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

be nice wicka posted:

really the issue is that we replaced a lot of backmarkers/mid-pack teams with auto manufacturers who really don't give a gently caress about the sport, and when they inevitably got bored and left we all acted like the sky was falling (even though historically ferrari has been the only manufacturer team in most years) and tried to replace them quickly with a budget cap, i.e. a stupid idea, and approved four teams who never had any hope of surviving in the long term. yeah, there are separate issues with force india (corrupt, stupid owners), caterham (corrupt, stupid owners), marussia (corrupt, stupid owners), hrt (who even owned that team), usf1 (lmao), and sauber (have literally always been poor), but they are clearly temporary and should be corrected in the long run. even if haas' plan to operate out of the US results in him producing a poo poo car, he's still a far more capable, competent, and well-funded businessman than anyone involved in the four teams that recently collapsed.

FI is not a new team, they are Jordan.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

NtotheTC posted:

They are Jordan run by someone more incompetent than Eddie Jordan

You know things are hosed when TWO INDIAN BILLIONAIRES are unable to pay 80m/year to fund an F1 team.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
poo poo RB season: only 2nd in WCC.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

El Hefe posted:

Marca.com had an article with Matt Morris who's McLarens chief of engineering or something and he said Alonso was pretty sad with the pace of the car but that they shouldn't have any problems matching last year's performance lmao

Ferrari's or McLaren's?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

NtotheTC posted:

BBC recently billed him as "..winner of the 2008 Hungarian GP" and I suddenly remembered that that's all he achieved. God almighty he was shite.

He's still worth at least 25 million.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The one, the only, Giancarlo Minardi raged against the decision not to let Manor/Marussia drive with the 2014 car; warning that eventually a top team will find itself at the end of the grid without the backmarkers instead.

Edit: I just want to emphasise the glory of old school team manager Minardi.

Riso fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 10, 2015

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Prost also never had to crash the car of his best competitor to win a championship.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The power units cost like 23-30 million a year alone compared to the <7 million for a V8.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Johnny Walker decided it was cheaper to be a sponsor to the whole of F1 than pay McLaren the money Ron wants.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Norns posted:

And the last time they did anything of note is when senna was driving the MP4?

Getting caught cheating and losing a lot of money after winning the WCC was pretty notable.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Oh my god, the most terrible news fellas!
ARE LEWIS is ill and cannot test.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Alain Post posted:

We all hate Woking scum.

Woking Scum > Milton Keynes Devils.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Frank WIlliAms.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I would Wolff Suzie if you know what I mean fellas.

Etc etc

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Exactly.

Butt Wizard posted:

Toto is Tywin, right?

If Toto is Tywin, who is Bernie?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Funzo posted:

No, but that doesn't give the other teams an excuse. They shouldn't get a pass because they're being run by men.
All I really want out of this is to be able to tell my daughters that they can be race car drivers when they grow up, without having to add the caveat of "but only if you're pretty" at the end.

If your daughters aren't driving kart already they will never make it to F1.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
:lol: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/formulaone/article4366593.ece

quote:

Lewis Hamilton is aiming to become the highest earner in Formula One history as talks on a possible £150 million three-year contract with his Mercedes team reach a critical phase.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
If there was a ban on changing liveries they would not be able to remove smoking/alcohol sponsorship in various countries.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Purgatory is no magic limbo land where the maybe dead go. Purgatory is where you are cleansed and prepared to enter heaven.

Bloody protestants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Look guys I already wrote a McLaren bit months ago and posted. It's not my fault you're all slackers.

• Locked thread