Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

goodness posted:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html

Here is a pretty great article for smashed burgers. I love serious eats so much.

I made this the other day and didn't capture any pictures because it was so goddamned DELICIOUS that I couldn't help but devour it immediately. Coupled it with caramelized onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, mayo/Sriracha, a slice of Swiss cheese under a grill-panned bun, and homemade fries (Gordan Ramsay's recipe, etc.). I literally have no desire to eat another restaurant-made burger (fast food or otherwise) for the rest of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Made Kenji's tikka masala and it was delicious, as in motherloving restaurant quality:

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Laminator posted:

Today's lunch - beer-steamed clams topped with Panko and pepperoni (didn't have chorizo) and blanched haricot verts with lemon, butter, and toasted almonds

Being on vacation is awesome

Agreed, one of the best parts of vacation is spending the day cooking. It's so much more satisfying when you can take time to enjoy the process instead of the usual "OH gently caress IT'S 7:00 PM AND I HAVEN'T STARTED MAKING DINNER YET!"

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

It's barbecue season:

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Brisket is a freaking pain in the rear end to cook, but when it comes out right it's absolutely worth the effort. This was inspired by Joe's Kansas City's Z-Man sandwich, although I only had tortas and Swiss cheese on hand instead of their traditional kaiser roll and provolone (it was still delicious):

• Locked thread