Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
wait wait wait I just started watching wrestling like 4 months ago.

What the gently caress does Anonymous RAW GM mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jetfire posted:

Whose computer even makes that noise anymore?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

Okay, guys, I've cracked the code.

The worse the guest hosts get, the better the show gets.

We need to hire Honey Boo Boo asap.

Please don't hire her or her pedophile-dating mother

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

OldTennisCourt posted:

Do not travel down this road

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fatherdog posted:

He said that every time he was out; the Anonymous GM probably will only be next week too.

I hope they just parade out everybody that's ever been RAW GM once a week till like January

I just want Regal to walk out and be very confused.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fatherdog posted:

He said that every time he was out; the Anonymous GM probably will only be next week too.

I hope they just parade out everybody that's ever been RAW GM once a week till like January

I somehow missed it, dang.

At least it will be easy to skip RAWs when I know the GM is terrible.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dolph heard the GM noise repeat and thought he had a concussion.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Please don't hire her or her pedophile-dating mother

EXACTLY. It can't fail.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fatherdog posted:

This would actually be amazing. It would also mean the return of Foley, Austin, and Michaels...and Jack Tunney's ghost (I assume he is dead).

Oh! And Mike Adamle! Adamle is ratings, brother!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DarkstarIV posted:

just put this in the discussion thread op, nothing else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yidr_tSejvY

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Dolph heard the GM noise repeat and thought he had a concussion.

To be fair, he did

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
I want so badly for this angle to end with a tag match, Sting and Flair vs HHH and Rollins. If team H wins, Authority is back. And of course, you know what happens.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Walk away. I beg of you, walk away.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I believe we have all been...

Hornswoggled

:suicide:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Larry the Cable Guy did fine and the segments he was in were somewhat humorous and anyone who says different is just bandwagoning

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

Larry the Cable Guy did fine and the segments he was in were somewhat humorous and anyone who says different is just bandwagoning

You're a garbage person.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Dexters Secret posted:

I can agree with that, expected worse than I got but then the last time I saw a Larry the Cable Guy standup routine was like 8 years ago.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Why can't Hogan be GM?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dexters Secret posted:

part of trolling is taking a position that is at least possibly believable

you can't just spout nonsensical poo poo and expect people to bite on it

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

American arenas can't run the house lights and a mid-00s Macbook at the same time

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too

oatgan posted:

he announced he was going to be the general manager before the ppv on the pre-show

Don't toy with my heart. GM BNB would be too good for us.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

StarkRavingMad posted:

part of trolling is taking a position that is at least possibly believable

you can't just spout nonsensical poo poo and expect people to bite on it

He was leagues funnier than the commentary team we listen to constantly.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
A little weird they didn't address D-Bry's injury status but I guess it would've ruined the flow/atmosphere of the show.

An okay-pretty good Raw. There was an overarching narrative and it ended with a twist/cliffhanger to get you to tune in next week. Maybe it's a New Day.

Also, where was Sting?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Dexters Secret posted:

he talked about the match

I'd probably take him over JBL

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dexters Secret posted:

being shot in the arm is probably better than being gutshot but I wouldn't like either one

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jetfire posted:

Whose computer even makes that noise anymore?

That's the default text message notification on any Mac, used on the Iphone first.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

StarkRavingMad posted:

being shot in the arm is probably better than being gutshot but I wouldn't like either one

goon analogies

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

goon analogies

Ok how about it without an analogy. The current announce team sucks. Larry sucking a modicum less doesn't mean he was "good" or "did a fine job." It just means he wasn't AS lovely as the other guys, but was still really loving lovely.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

oknope posted:

Why can't Hogan be GM?
Can't be trusted to remember a script. He was amazingly bad as GM of TNA.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Just let him shoot, brother.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

Ok how about it without an analogy. The current announce team sucks. Larry sucking a modicum less doesn't mean he was "good" or "did a fine job." It just means he wasn't AS lovely as the other guys, but was still really loving lovely.

considering they talk almost the entire show and have been doing so for years I'm amazed you even watch if you hate it that much.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

A script or, like, the name of the building he's currently standing inside.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

considering they talk almost the entire show and have been doing so for years I'm amazed you even watch if you hate it that much.

I mostly tune them out. I had a good portion of this weeks Raw on with the volume turned just loud enough to hear on my iPad next to my monitor while I played video games. It was pretty great.

E: I also only started watching again about a year ago after nearly 5 years of not watching, so it hasn't quite gotten to the "I can't stand this anymore" point and muting it like a lot of people do, yet.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
HHH comes back in a mask as Mr. GM until Dolph Ziggler pulls it off and calls for security.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OldTennisCourt posted:

OK, I'll bite. A few years back there was a plot where it was getting "dangerous" to be a General Manager on Raw because the talent was out of control or whatever. So one night they trotted out that podium with a laptop and had it play that stupid sound and Michael Cole would get up and say "And I quote..." and it was the lamest thing ever. The Anonymous GM would make decisions and book Raw, and then one time Edge got sick of it and destroyed the laptop which kind of owned.

They kept the angle going for like a year and then quietly dropped it, until one night they randomly decided to pay it off by revealing Hornswoggle under the ring with a laptop. Now they brought it back again for some reason.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Hornswaggle is the last remaining heir though

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

I mostly tune them out. I had a good portion of this weeks Raw on with the volume turned just loud enough to hear on my iPad next to my monitor while I played video games. It was pretty great.

cool. I actually paid my full attention to the show and in my opinion, larry the cable guy did fine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

cool. I actually paid my full attention to the show and in my opinion, larry the cable guy did fine.

Your opinion is wrong. Get er done.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

Your opinion is wrong. Get er done.

Tell me more about the show you hate listening to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

Tell me more about the show you hate listening to.

It was pretty good this week! Daniel Bryan was there and made fun things happen, and all the heels who have been running roughshod for the last year got comeuppance and AJ said "lesbi-honest." It's too bad Larry the Cable guy came out with no shirt and made stupid Fred Savage jokes and then later was on commentary for the worst match of the night.

• Locked thread