Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

I used to work in one of the biggest cash centres in Europe for a well-known Bureaux De Change and I was in the area that was sending bulk cash to overseas branches.

Once a week we would get about 50 million USD that we would break up into batches and these would be sealed in tamper-proof bags and thrown into a trolley. When the armoured van arrived it would park up in the loading bay and the trolley would be brought down.

There was an observation room where you can see into the loading bay and then two doors between that and the bay, making an 'airlock' system where we would open one door, put the trolley in, close the door and then the driver of the van would open the other and take it out. I say we, the doors were actually controlled by security who are watching on the camera.

One of us would stay in the observation room, watch them load the van and then take the trolley back. So far so boring but in all the times I did this nothing was ever signed or handed over to the best of my knowledge, as adorai said it is all down to trust/reputation between companies. Everything is on camera and recorded, they knew which truck was coming in for which job and what was going on it, so there was no need to add any paperwork (at our end at least).

I'm presuming the drivers of the van had to present credentials to security in order to get into the bay in the first place but I never saw that side of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread