Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer (shamelessly stolen from forums user Xenophon):

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username (seriously) to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) Format is important, so please send your answers like this:

code:
Miatas
Dead hooker smell.
Once you have sent your entry, please post in this thread as confirmation.

You have until 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, December 20th (0700 UTC on Sunday, December 21st) to submit your answers. The big reveal will be in this thread at 3pm Pacific Time on Monday, December 22th (2300 UTC on Monday, December 21st), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! This time, I will be doing the reveal two questions per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3pm Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

Without further ado, the questions:

1. In the second AI Sheep Game, the 1960s was the most popular choice when asked which decade AI posters would go back to for the cars. This car from the 1960s is the one I would most want to own.
2. Of all the technologies that have been incorporated into cars over the years, I am most grateful for this one from a quality of life perspective.
3. Car enthusiasts argue a lot about what constitutes a sports car. This characteristic, to me, defines what a sports car is more than anything else.
4. Without a doubt, this is the best-sounding road car ever built.
5. More than any other, I wish that this concept car was put into production.
6. This automotive brand needs to be removed from history and all their cars thrown into a volcano, they've been consistently that bad.
7. Automotive journalists and car enthusiasts often compare these two cars...I have no idea why they do.
8. This is without a doubt the AIest movie I've ever seen.
9. AIers have wide and varied interests in vehicles, such as trains, boats, airplanes and in rare cases, motorcycles. If there was any way, I would want to get seat time in this non-car vehicle more than anything else.
10. I daydream about participating in this race more than any other.
11. Is a hot dog a sandwich?
12. American Thanksgiving just ended...and I gave thanks that this car was built.
13. We all know Santa drives a magical reindeer powered sleigh on Christmas Eve. What does he drive the other 364 days of the year?
14. It's that time of year...what is the best piece of advice for winter driving?
15. Conversely, what is the worst piece of advice for winter driving?
16. In 2014, the average car bought in the US had approximately 230 horsepower, the highest amount ever. How much power will the average car have in 2034?
17. In 2034, car makers from __________ will be in the same position as the Japanese in the 1960s or the Koreans in the 1980s - on the cusp of building a proper car, that is.
18. Sticking with the 2034 theme, which, if any, automotive brand today will be nothing but memories by then?

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way. Until the submission deadline, discussing your answers in this thread is not allowed, as it will affect how other people will vote!

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, December 20th (0700 UTC on Sunday, December 21st). See you all for the reveal!

MrChips fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Yes finally getting in on one of these

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yesssssss

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Mr chips. You are doing amazing work.

This is gonna be fun.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 247 days!)

Answered mostly truthful this time. I'll probably hit dead center again. :v:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I was just thinking about asking when the next one of these would come up :)

And the results will come on almost Christmas!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I've got ALL THE RIGHT ANSWERS this time.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.
Pro tier answers submitted.

So I had a punt as well.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Answers submitted.

Y'all can just give up now.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Answers sent.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Submitted, why not.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
done. They are completely wrong too.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Bunch of responses so far; starting to feed them into the game.

One thing I didn't do in the OP was post the previous two games...if any of you are on the fence on this, go have a look at the first two games.

Game 1: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656521

Game 2: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666934

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hopefully you'll use my full answers :)

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sent some answers in. Not expecting to do well but looking forward to seeing everyone's answers anyway.

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Read the friggin rulebook before you build your "racecar", stupid ricer.
Answered honestly, as a baseline to see how AI has warped me already...

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Responses sent. They're not the right answers, of course, but they're the answers you'll all pick too, you fuckwits.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I answered semi-honestly. We'll see how far I get with that tack (not far).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Hahaha question 11.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I did my classic mix of 40% answers that I think will be popular and 60% of answers that I think, making sure I will be right in the middle of the pack - that's what sheep do, right?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

As of right now, my list of respondents totals 19 players:

Adiabatic
bolind
BrokenKnucklez
Cat Terrist
CornHolio
Ephphatha
Geirskogul
GrantC
Horse Divorce
InitialDave
Knobjockey
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Previa_fun
sadnessboner
Seat Safety Switch
Spicy Guacamole
The Royal Nonesuch
Viggen

If you've sent your answers and don't see your name in my list, let me know.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

This game is way better the more people play! come on friends

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I've got finals and projects to study/work on, when my brain stops sizzling I'll finally send in some answers. Looking forward to this one, last two were a blast

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Yeah, 2 1/2 weeks until the deadline and I have my classes to finish, wife's birthday, son's birthday, Christmas parties and all the other terrible crap associated with this season to slog through... I'll get my answers in, but it'll be after the 15th.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

There is definitely no rush...I know this is a busy time of year for everyone, hence why I opted for an extra week and a bit for entries.

That said I would love to see more participation in this edition; we did pretty well in the first couple, but as has been said many times before the more people the better (and funnier) the result.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I'll get to it at some point. Crazy busy right now but vacation starts on the 19th. Might toss the questions to my brother and a friend or two and see how they compare.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'll get to it at some point. Crazy busy right now but vacation starts on the 19th. Might toss the questions to my brother and a friend or two and see how they compare.

Dude just have them enter separately as NitroSpazzBro or whatever

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I'm a hot dog :quagmire:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
You guys put thought into these? poo poo. I'm doing it wrong.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

CornHolio posted:

You guys put thought into these? poo poo. I'm doing it wrong.

I'd venture to say that people put more effort into this, than they did AI:SS. :v:

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Oh man this again. Looking forward to my tradition of starting high and crashing at the end.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I had no idea what I was doing. See you in last place. :v:

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Don't worry, you won't be alone.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Quiet week for entries...that doesn't come as much of a surprise this time of year. I've received entries from 24 players:

Acid Ronin
Adiabatic
bolind
BrokenKnucklez
Cat Terrist
CornHolio
Ephphatha
Geirskogul
GrantC
Horse Divorce
InitialDave
Knobjockey
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
piss boner
Previa_fun
sadnessboner
Seat Safety Switch
SharkyTM
Spicy Guacamole
ssjonizuka
StandardVC10
The Royal Nonesuch
Viggen

If you've sent an entry and don't see your name, please let me know. Otherwise, keep them coming in guys!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

MrChips posted:

Quiet week for entries...that doesn't come as much of a surprise this time of year. I've received entries from 24 players:

Acid Ronin
Adiabatic
bolind
BrokenKnucklez
Cat Terrist
CornHolio
Ephphatha
Geirskogul
GrantC
Horse Divorce
InitialDave
Knobjockey
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
piss boner
Previa_fun
sadnessboner
Seat Safety Switch
SharkyTM
Spicy Guacamole
ssjonizuka
StandardVC10
The Royal Nonesuch
Viggen

If you've sent an entry and don't see your name, please let me know. Otherwise, keep them coming in guys!

Can I do a second one under an unregistered moniker?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Viggen posted:

Can I do a second one under an unregistered moniker?

You could do that, but it would be against the spirit of the game and it wouldn't actually be hard to figure out from my end what's going on. Plus, I can also just say...

:siren:NEW RULE: You must post in this thread when you send an entry as confirmation!:siren:

MrChips fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 8, 2014

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Read receipt acknowledgment provided here. I done sent in my poo poo! On with the game!

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Fully AI compliant answers have been submitted.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Answers sent. May or may not be serious answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

MrChips posted:

:siren:NEW RULE: You must post in this thread when you send an entry as confirmation!:siren:

Confirming my earlier submission. Also, do not judge me because I was in fact drunk at the time.

• Locked thread