Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game is kind of cool. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I saw it on the Giant Bomb stream. It looked cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Think... Heretic meets Binding of Isaac... meets... permadeath.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i'm diggin it, straight up love letter to hexen and quake really

sacrifice rewards are kinda lovely

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

never heard of it bye

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bowser: "Ziggurat!"

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i will say that the good enemies are essentially just skinned equivalents to good enemies from the games its inspired by, and anything without a direct parallel is kind of lame (so far)

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This game seems okay but it runs like complete rear end no matter what kind of system you have and makes it almost unplayable. RIP.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

sorry about that rock collection you call a computer it runs buttery smooth for me v:shobon:v

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

The Protagonist posted:

sorry about that rock collection you call a computer it runs buttery smooth for me v:shobon:v

My computer runs performance hog games like Shadow of Mordor and Evil Within on very high settings and this thing chugs at absolute minimum settings. I don't get it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

thats unfortunate, i'm running it on an nvidia gpu and an i7 and it's pretty slick

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Also it gives me Xbox button prompts even though I don't have a gamepad plugged in...WTF.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My only problem with it on that front is that, like most games coming out lately, it seems like the sensitivity fluctuates based on the framerate, which makes aiming a pain in the balls.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jules is badass.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Also it gives me Xbox button prompts even though I don't have a gamepad plugged in...WTF.
There's a bug with Far Cry 4 that makes it run like poo poo if it thinks you have a gamepad in. Maybe something hooked up to your machine is making Ziggurat think you have a gamepad in and it's bugging out?

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
i like this game but first person jumping puzzles can suck my smelly dong

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
SUMMON MORE ZIGGURATS

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

is that the same ziggurat as that rock paper shotgun guy did for ios because that is a bad game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game has ramp jumping. Pretty awesome.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

picked this up a while ago for $12 and its given me some fun. got updated recently so i gotta boot it up again soon

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This game is fun but I suck at it

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

http://ziggurats.ytmnd.com/

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

beat it, trip report:

classic poo poo is all good, most hazard rooms are tolerable with a few really annoying exceptions, the floating island room with the portal key gets especially tedious but still just takes like 8 seconds to do right so no biggie

my big disappointment is that all the bosses are super-versions of regular mobs*, save the final boss. this is the kind of game i'd love to see get continual content packs, ala isaac

just got three new characters unlocked so i'll have to see what they're all about

*they have unique attacks and abilities, but still

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

Literal Carehaver posted:

SUMMON MORE ZIGGURATS

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Niggurat.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

the comparisons to hexen make me want to try it out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

the comparisons to hexen make me want to try it out.

It reminds me more of Heretic but, yea.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Ziggurat Vertigo was a cool level in Quake.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

Ziggurat Vertigo was a cool level in Quake.

American McGee is the designer of this awesome level.

Anyway Zigg is closer to Hexen just for the whole rule of 4/multiple mana pools thing going on. Hexen and Heretic are pretty close gamebros though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

• Locked thread