Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

N: Devils injuries, general shittiness.
V: gently caress this gay earth and the Penguins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol the hypocrisy from Pens fans over the Bortuzzo hit. If it were Crosby on the receiving end they'd be calling for a lifetime ban on whoever delivered the hit. loving bandwagoning pricks (not on here, just in general comments across the web).

e: fixed his name.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 3, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That LA jersey isn't that bad. It certainly isn't down there with the worst of the worst.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Garbutt is a shithead.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

Travis zajac and Adam Larsson have the mumps

:psyboom: It's the past 2 years all over again! I hope Kovalchuk has broken both his legs or something.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

but man what does that guy do to deserve such a reputation? He's a great coach, but not 'better than a cost controlled generational talent' good.

2 olympic golds.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

onemillionzombies posted:

Scott Darling has been very impressive for the Blackhawks. In completely unrelated news Crawford took an overnight flight to Boston surprising the entire team.

He was really good on Tuesday, as was Kinkaid. I expected way more goals out of that game.. From Chicago atleast.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Probably something to do with decent coaching as well. :q:

Ps. The Devils have the worst home record in the NHL right now. Weird that they do better on the road.. Then again you can usually hear a pin drop in the Rock unless someone scores.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 12, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well if he didn't skate to the bench and went to the dot under his own accord, there's not a whole lot the med staff can do. I didn't see it however, so.. The usual case is that when a player gets hurt or takes a nasty hit, they skate back to the bench for a look at.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Zamboni Jesus posted:

pittsburgh seems like they're decimated by injuries every year somehow. also as long as they have crosby and malkin one or both of them can go nuts in a 7 game series and they can beat anyone, especially if MAF can avoid having his usual playoff meltdown.

It wasn't that long ago they lost to... :laugh: ... Philadelphia in 6.

God those were some great playoffs... up until the end.

e: Then again that series included ridiculous score lines, so point still valid.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 12, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

e: gently caress wrong thread

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Carbon fiber pattern to make the logo look more prominent?

:what:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"NHL N/V January '15: Swollen Jaws and Tender Testicles"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

N: Jets loving own and are 6th in the West.
V: Devils loving suck massive amounts, and I'm jumping ship for the rest of the season.

GO JETS GO!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This is the team that signed Clowe to a long-term contract though.

If they sign Oates as the coach, I'm abandoning ship for next season and siding with the Jets (they were the team I began with before they shipped out to Arizona.) 3 years of lacklustre, lovely performances is enough for me, especially considering the roster won't really improve for another 3-4 seasons.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yep, even though his tenures as coach has ended with the Sens, he's still entitled to the rest of his pay for the remainder of the season. That's why the Devils need to clear it with Ottawa before signing him if they do to null and void that contract and begin a new one. At least that's how I understand it, there may be more legal jargon to it.

e: I'll remember the good times Peter. The good times.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 27, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:psyduck:

WHYYYYYY OATES?

Stevens I can deal with, he was a defensive coach within the system but took a break for a season. Oates is just loving dumb and was why the Capitals sucked for the better part of two seasons.

e: Hello Winnipeg, you've gained another fan.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's gonna be a pretty tough ask to out-tank Edmonton and Carolina. But if any team/coach combo can pull it off, it's the Devils/Oates. I hope Stevens can light a fire under Larsson's rear end though. Kid has been next to loving useless at #4 overall.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Still lollin' at this:

http://i.imgur.com/RNkmuNI.gifv

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 28, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

MacArthur's chase is pretty hilarious though. It's like he almost forgets he has a stick of his own and just keeps trying to shove him, whilst failing miserably.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bit late, but Larsson only plays 13-14 minutes a game. Severson owns. Salvador on the other hand....

Where do you guys find all these fancy stats and graphs anyway? Is there a list of good sites to visit somewhere?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yes that's all good and well, but I'm not going to trawl the entirety of twitter to find hockey fancy stats. Who supplies the tweets?

(It's Mike Johnson isn't it.. he loves fancy stats.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thanks a million!

• Locked thread