Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

HMS Beagle posted:

The NBA could finally return to Omaha.

The Waterloo Hawks of Iowa's long awaited return can also happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

glowing-fish posted:

Okay, so Justin Bieber really did meet with the Clippers, but the first story from last summer about Blake slapping him around is still a made-up story.

Its kind of hard to keep track what stories about Bieber are true or not.

Also, the best made-up story would be where Bieber went to a LA Clippers event and Sterling offered his mistresses a chance to see a "beautiful Canadian body".

The best Bieber story is when Orlando Bloom got into a minor fight with him and Leonardo Dicaprio cheered for Bloom on the side.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Right now, JJ Barea is 2nd and Devin Harris is 4th in ast/to turnover ratio. This season is hilarious.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WYA posted:

Looking at the Knicks in the standings right now... uhhh are they trying to tank this year? How have they regressed even further from their putrid selves last year?

They downgraded at center. Derek Fisher is now their coach.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hitze posted:

This means he's the best PG right???

It's clearly Jameer Nelson since he starts at point for the best offense. (It's not Jameer Nelson.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

How bad is Gal Mekel? It looks like New Orleans is thinking of signing him as a backup point.

He could turn into a decent backup one day. Sometimes he shows flashes of being a decent player, other times it seems like the speed of the NBA is tough for him to deal with. His three point shot is ugly but his playmaking can be ok.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

No one has mentioned it in this thread but last night Cuban got a tech. It couldn't be assigned to him so it was assigned to an assistant coach who actually has vocal cord issues that prevent him from talking loud.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...e-rescinded.ece

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mitch Kupchak says Kobe is retiring after 2016.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24875137/mitch-kupchak-indications-are-kobe-bryant-is-done-after-2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

What the gently caress happened to D-Will anyway, I think I've watched the Nets once or twice since he's signed there so I dont really know.

He chose resigning with the Nets instead of the Dallas. After that (and some injuries) it was all downhill.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WYA posted:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfyLs?utm_campaign=tsipad&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=teamstream

Tracy McGrady wants an opportunity to return to the NBA, "I'm better than half the drat league anyway."

:pray:

"My body is still in shape. I can go. It's about opportunity, though. … I want no limits on who I am and what I can do, not stand in the corner and shoot jump shots," he says. "I want to be involved, that's not saying 10 to 15 shots, I want to be involved. I don't want to stand in the corner and shoot threes. That's not me."

Give him Richard Jefferson's spot on the Mavs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Speaking of Rodman he had a few words about the Phil Jackson and the Knicks today.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12005863/dennis-rodman-rips-new-york-knicks-derek-fisher-carmelo-anthony

"He didn't expect this. I saw him a couple of times on TV when I was in L.A., and I'm like, I know what you feel like, Phil. You came to be the savior and all of a sudden it's like, ugh. Then you went and got Derek Fisher. Really, is he coaching? Is Derek Fisher coaching? I don't get it. I don't know what's up with that team, man. You've got Carmelo and after that who else do you got?

"They're not running the triangle. Derek Fisher's not really coaching. I know Phil is trying to throw his input in the background, but who expected this from Phil? They expected him, we're going to give you $15 million a year for the next six years and this team is -- wow -- they might not even make the playoffs."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

:lol: at Melo pretending he would actually fight someone.

I like the time he waited outside the bus for KG after the game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

Uhh, Melo is actually that guy who would. Like KG being his gasbag self told Melo to meet him after the game if he was serious, and Melo's rear end was right outside waiting for a cowardly KG.

Melo is that dude. He has a love for fancy hats, but he's never come off as cowardly.

Didn't Melo once got into a fight vs the Knicks, sucker punch a guy, and then run away?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Brow retweeted an expanded version of his growth chart.

He is going to be unstoppable at age 33.
https://twitter.com/AntDavis23/status/542790206475096065

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Terry Glenn posted:

LeBron James out tonight in OKC with knee soreness, clearly afraid of Durant & dodging the Thunder.

Just trying to help set the stage for 8th seed OKC's upset over the 1 seed Warriors.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's hilarious to me that Mike Brown coaching the Lakers is ignored in this Q&A with the Busses.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12000240/lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-says-tanking-unforgivable

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Kobe, Shaq and LeBron got nicknames despite this.

Didn't they all give themselves nicknames?

WhyteRyce posted:

Fans have this frustrating need to be the one to create a new nickname. See: the poster here who tried calling Harrison Barnes HB40 when he already had a sweet rear end nickname.

Nicknames that are the players initials and numbers are terrible and it should stop.

WYA posted:

Toronto to have the easiest schedule through the rest of the season :woop:

Lol at every East team being below the West.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 12, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

OKC is now 3 games away from being .500 :)

They'd already be the 8th seed in the East.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

I like the one dude standing up clapping after that

A great example of Dallas fans at the arena owning. Another good example is it's one of the 13 arenas where I haven't seen the fan base give Kobe MVP or Kobe chants.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If Miami finish around .500 and get bounced in the first round, do Deng and Wade pick up their player options next season? Or do they chase a ring somewhere?

I would expect Wade is going to be one of the few future hall of famers currently in the league that had a great career playing with only one team. (The only others at the moment are Dirk, Spurs trio, and Kobe.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Belome posted:

I wondered about how he was always described as the most competitive person ever but decided to quit after only three titles. If you're already the greatest just based on what you did in your 20s then I guess you have nothing left to prove though.

Dealing with an unexpected death of a father can take it's toll on people.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How high is Nik's rocking potential?

edit:
I've seen a rumor that the Mavs might be interested in Greg Monroe. They need to be interested in trading for a perimeter defender.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 16, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Igor Strelkov posted:

A question for anyone who watches the Clippers:

As powerful as my theory that Spencer Hawes has failed on the Clips due to his tea party hick views offending his teammates is, is there a chance that his numbers stink because he's playing on the second unit with Crawford as lead ball handler? Crawford isn't the greatest at swinging the ball around and reaching open shooters in the corners.

Maybe if Doctor River played Hawes more with Chris Paul his numbers would be better?

Wouldn't nearly any NBA player's numbers get better if they played more minutes with Chris Paul than Crawford?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Intruder posted:

This shot chart is the antithesis of everything the Rockets stand for so he won't be coming here

Morey is probably just trying to drive up the price for the Mavs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Right now the dream (that won't happen) is for the Rondo trade to go through, Mavs cut Ricky Ledo, sign Ray Allen, sign Jermaine O'Neal, and everyone stays healthy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Ray Allen hated Rondo.

That's why I included the "(that won't happen)" part. Rondo, Pierce, KG, Big Baby, and Perk apparently still have a group text going that doesn't include Ray Allen.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hitze posted:

Who scores points on the Dallas bench?

The better question is who is Dallas going to get to be their backup center?

The Mavs just went from having Devin Harris as their best point guard to Rondo. This is a great day. It's too bad they had to give away Crowder instead of Jefferson.

This may be the best starting 5 of Dirk's career.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Now the Mavs need to trade Raymond Felton for a bag of chips and sign Ivan Johnson.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

At least one store in Dallas has a Rondo jersey already. https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/545745219980099586

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

Dante Cunningham has been a revelation for the Pelican's bench. His stats may not look like it, but he has changed the way the second unit works. I think he may be the best back-up wing the team has had since before the CP3 days.

I have not watched the Pels enough this season. I'm kind of shocked they beat the Rockets starting Babbitt and Rivers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rondo will be good for the Mavs because playing with Dirk/for Carlisle usually makes players better. It will be really interesting to see what the team looks like post all star break.

Losing Wright stinks and they need to find another back up big. I assume they will either sign a free agent or try to make another trade. It's nice that the best pg on the team isn't Devin Harris anymore.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 19, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Brewer trade was a solid move by Houston. It's crazy how good all the Texas NBA teams are at the moment.

Libertine posted:

I just wish they would get rid of the Raptors name and go with something more fitting of a non-Dinosaur-movie-centric era. It doesn't even look like a re-branding, it's the same theme, colors, look and feel, they just adjusted the claw to be scraping diagonally instead of coming out vertically.

Raptors name is awesome. I hope they keep it forever.

Igor Strelkov posted:

The Rondo fit is not obvious. And Wright seriously fits as well anyone. It sucks that they added complexities to a system working so smoothly. But his defense, while not as good as it used to be, is still worlds better than any other 1 or 2 on their roster. And he adds more creativity to their non Dirk lineups that feature lots of bench players.

Carlisle is like us if we were head coaches and knew a billion percent more about basketball. He sees his players for what they can do rather than what they cannot, and he finds synergies that others wouldn't notice.

Rondo is a very smart basketballer. I have faith. I hope the Mavs beat the Spurs in the first round this time.

I agree with all of this.

Terry Glenn posted:

If there's not a Jurassic World tie-in in Toronto this summer i swear to god.

We better get a TNT playoff advertisement that mixes Raptors highlights with Jurassic World clips.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hitze posted:

This seems Not Great

Looks like it's going to be the Spurs sliding to 8th seed to upset the Warriors in the first round. Spurs won't fall to the 8th seed

edit: I wouldn't worry that much about it. Dirk won the 2011 Finals with a similar injury.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 20, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I knew he had the blackbelt but holy gently caress I didn't know he had actually legit fought :stare:

If a third Malice in the Place ever happens it needs to involve Vivek Ranadive so we can see his Tae Kwon Do black belt skills.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

A reporter from a Chinese website asked Dwight Powell if he was going to have a "Linsanity like year" in Dallas.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

As per Woj, Deron Williams possibly going to Sacramento.

Lol and guards in the East get worse.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

roundmidnight posted:

Gallinari out for the year with a meniscus tear. Yikes.

Wow, right after missing a whole season to injury.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Monta Ellis should be in the all star game but they should mainly play him in the 4th quarter.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Houston is still probably a better bet for him. Gets that healthy balance of playing time and being a contributor on a playoff team which can revive his price tag this off-season.

Houston is one of the better options for him if he wants more money this season but not if he wants to play for a good coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Good work Kings.

• Locked thread