Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

It's one of those questions that's apparently doomed to remain unanswered whenever it's brought up (I even emailed the developer of a different game on an unrelated subject, then had a conversation that ended abruptly when I brought the same question up): Any idea why I can't buy this game in Israel? In case anyone cares, I can (could, while they were on steam) buy RTCW / Wolfenstein 2009. For the record, the local media does not exactly disapprove of Nazi slaughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

GUI posted:

The biggest reason for Hitler not appearing is that it renders releasing the game in Germany (and certain neighbouring countries I believe) impossible unless they heavily censor it. Before release the developers talked in an interview about how they had to do a ton of graphic edits and avoid using certain numbers associated with Nazism.
?

I'm familiar with certain numbers associated with modern day neo-Nazis, but don't recall anything significant re: the original.

Woolie Wool posted:

even gatherings where Dachshunds were tortured and killed because they were "German dogs"-
Citation needed.

• Locked thread