Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Welp, I've beaten this game once and am going through an alternative run. Be nice to use yours as a way to catch the secrets that I missed.

But, yeah, this is a pretty fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Llab posted:

Keller is the guy shutting down the asylum. You kill his goons throughout the level. A previous poster says he jumps into the trunk when BJ gets outside.

He's shoved in there by one of his guards to protect him, i think.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I have to say, if there's one person in the entire universe that I could see hunting down BJ and making him hurt, it'd be bad rear end Polish grandpa. The little humanizing moments with BJ are also great.

I -want- to say that there's a gun up on the roof of that second bunker that you can get a little earlier than you should, but it's been a while since I played that level so I could be mistaken.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Samovar posted:

I remember that strip! In face, I also recall the interesting tidbit about the wrist-watch and why it became more... acceptable for men to have them - viz you were much less likely to get your head blown off during WWI if all you had to do was look at your wrist as opposed to take a watch out yer pocket.

Similar reason why cigarettes caught on, if I remember properly.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Kai Tave posted:

Maybe this new Nazi run world isn't really so bad? We don't have the full picture after all.

The simple logical method of solving this question is to ask yourself "are Nazis involved any fashion?" If the answer to that is "yes", then the logical answer to your question is "of course it's loving bad, it's run by Nazis".

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Considering the fact that the soldiers BJ's killed after waking up from a 14 year coma were either 1) purging an asylum and everyone who worked in it on orders of Deathshead, 2) were guards at a station shooting at us as we frantically tried to escape past them, or 3) were involved either directly or as support staff for a prison run by Deathshead and who apparently did some torturing and what not on the side, I have a real hard time feeling bad for any of the pretend-soldier's pretend families.

Again, they're Nazis. Fascism doesn't exactly mellow very well.

There's a book called, I want to say Fatherland? Murder mystery involving a SS investigator in a world where the Nazis won who's trying to solve this conspiracy of why on earth all of these former officers and what not keep getting killed off. It's because the Nazis are purging the remaining folks who knew about the Final Solution in order to finish rewriting history.

There's also The Bunker, a horror movie involving a bunch of retreating Wehrmacht soldiers trapped in a bunker. I remember renting that with a group of friends for a night of lovely movies and lovely beer, only for us to get absorbed in to a pretty well-made movie.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

WirelessPillow posted:

Sure but nothing in Nazi idealism says to act like a jerk, besides the rather large anti Jewish issue. like someone else said they would all be affected by propaganda, just like everyone was after they lost in real life.

Having the Shoah summed up as a "rather large anti Jewish issue" is mindblowing.

It was anti other. Anyone who didn't fit the state-mandated paragon of perfection, or who didn't subscribe to the state-mandated societal norms. And to alleviate any suspicion you might have thrown your way, you would rat out your friends and coworkers, leading to this paranoid totalitarian situation where everyone's spying on one another.

I'd give examples, but the game'll touch on that later so I don't want to jump the bullet.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

WirelessPillow posted:

It seems contradictory to the statements regarding what they wanted, or did Nazi ideals not fully extend past Germany?

Hi. Welcome to Nazism.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

You have absolutely nothing to worry about on that front.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Thesaya posted:

I love that Max hugs BJ in the end there. It is quite different from his early behaviour towards Blaskowitz, and is yet another example of the dynamic relationships to me. I would like to think he wouldn't be so affectionate if you didn't go out of the way to find his toys. I t probably isn't the case but it is my headcanon.

Also, I have to say, that sex scene was very well done. The talking and such, plus the fact they didn't get completely naked since they were just sneaking off for a quick shag made it more realistic and the dialogue is quite endearing, showing BJ's more vulnerable side.

I also really like Klaus' frustrated sigh when it happened.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Neruz posted:

Some subs have a sort of 'moon pool' that lets them poop out minisubs and can be used for swimming like a pool except that instead of being a small hole in the ground full of water it's a small hole in the bottom of the sub and the 'pool' is in fact the entire ocean.

I cannot imagine going anywhere near that drat pool in a swim suit, out of an irrational fear that I'd dunk my head under and when I went to go back up I'd hit my head on the propeller.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Night10194 posted:

As a counterpoint, they're nazis and that poo poo cannot stand. Continue killing all the Nazis.

When you have a choice between killing nazis and not killing nazis, always kill all the nazis.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Starhawk64 posted:

Krautrock is one of my favorite genres of music, I could listen to Autobahn by Kraftwerk all day, and I don't know a lick of German.

I'm basically the same with Seeed and Peter Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Neruz posted:

English is a horrible bastard language that has more exceptions to its own rules than it has things that actually follow those rules and it is steadily getting worse over time as it assimilates words from other languages without giving a single poo poo whether or not the words fit into the language.

English doesn't so much borrow from other languages as knock them out and go through their pockets for loose change.

Which is a -good- thing. I never really get folks when they get all protective of something that's meant to be dynamic and evolve.

• Locked thread