Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

HGH posted:

Actually, there's something that kinda irks me. The weird... stab-offs? Knifing competitions? That seem to happen every so often in melee. It makes sense when you're wrestling off a dog, but with a soldier, with both of you just stabbing at each other, I dunno why I find it odd.

That's my favourite one. It's like BJ and the Nazi are having a slapfight. With knives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CommissarMega posted:

Inmate A: "Why are you in the gulag?"
Inmate B: "I spoke out against [Political Figure]. You?"
Inmate A: "I supported [Political Figure]. What about you, Inmate C? Why are you in here?"
Inmate C: "I am [Political Figure]."

"'But doctor', he says, 'I am Pagliacci.'
Good joke. Everybody laughs. Roll on snare drum."

There's another Soviet joke, that goes something like this:

An old man is interrogated by the KGB.
The interrogator asks him: "Where were you born?"
The old man answers: "Saint Petersburg."
The interrogator nods, and hits the old man in the stomach. He asks: "Where did you go to school?"
The old man, coughing: "Petrograd."
The interrogator hits the old man again, and says: Where do you live now?"
The old man says: "Leningrad."
The interrogator asks the old man again, gun to his head: "Where would you like to die?"
The old man answers: "Saint Petersburg."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Atomikus posted:

Metal Gear Solid 3, or any of them since they're all pretty much revolving around nuclear weapons?

To be fair, the MGS games point out how terrifying nukes are, and how using them is universally a horrible idea.

E: And the only people using a nuke (or threatening to do so) are villains.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
One thing from the last video that really stood out to me is that Frau Blucher must have been a great ventriloquist, since she can enunciate that well without having any lips.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Neruz posted:

Oh was it? What was the labour camp called then?

Belica.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Pvt.Scott posted:

Nuclear Diver would make a pretty good name for a power metal concept album.

He is lost in the Cherenkov sea.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's efficient, I'll give them that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Night10194 posted:

Hell, I'd be willing to buy it from studying the Old Testament.

Well... The Old Testament speaks of a God who makes a covenant with his chosen people and saves them from bondage through miraculous intervention.

The point of the covenant is that they shall be holy (as their Father in heaven is holy), so that they can be a nation of priests to the rest of the world.

The Old Testament God is a God who constantly seeks his people and wishes to have a relationship with them.

• Locked thread