Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

Next week jaws revenge or speed 2?

I hope it's Speed 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

kalensc posted:

Wait, they did a Speed 2 episode?

I was hoping they would. I think I read this conversation wrong.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

That was a special listener request month - Boondock Saints 2 and then Foodfight.

Boondock Saints 2 with the '9/11! rebuild the towers but not in a gay way' spiel had me biting and clawing at inanimate objects and kicking holes in drywall.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NmareBfly posted:

One secret about Hannukah is that (many) Jewish people don't actually give much of a poo poo about it as a holiday. It only has the prestige it does because it's near Christmas. They are in no way equivalent besides rough timeframe.

This is anecdotal, of course. I'm Jewish by birth and the only ones Mom ever really had us celebrate were Pesach, Rosh Hashanah, and Yom Kippur.

Which comedian had a joke about celebrating Hannukah where after the third or fourth candle on the menorah the family decided, "Eh, enough is enough." ?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

precision posted:

Those ads literally kill my appetite, if the people at Naturebox are actually happy with his read then I can only conclude they are a very odd company.

Then again it's probably targeted at people who subscribe to "beer of the month" clubs and stuff and that is pretty much the opposite of me.

e: oh man I just realized what movie they need to do: 1990's Problem Child

e2: holy poo poo Problem Child made 70 million on a 10 million budget, jesus christ

e3: and was the directing debut of the guy who's been doing Adam Sandler's terrible poo poo lately, including I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups 2 and Jack and Jill, what!

Did you know there was a cartoon too?

Also, I didn't appreciate their AD on the Beetlejuice cartoon, I still like it. :colbert:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I can't wait for them to do an ep on Man's Best Friend. I'd forgotten that movie existed but it is seriously worth watching.

Along with the acid pee there is an implied dog sex scene where the protagonist(?) dog has his way with a collie and oh god the sounds it makes :stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fatherboxx posted:

Complaining about dumb poo poo lucas came up with and then praising a comic with DARK C3PO and DARK R2D2 in one breath, wow
Yoda impressions are the best though

DARK C3PO and DARK R2D2 are rad as hell.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fatherboxx posted:

Complaining about dumb poo poo lucas came up with and then praising a comic with DARK C3PO and DARK R2D2 in one breath, wow
Yoda impressions are the best though

DARK R2D2: *beep-boop BREEP!*

DARK C3PO: Okay R2, let's murder them!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DoombatINC posted:

BMFcast did a fantastic episode for Man's Best Friend. They have a series of hysterical meltdowns, as half the hosts were rooting for the dog to the disbelief and frustration of the other half.

This was really good. Thanks :)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I don't know what it is about Ice Cold Burger King but I've been laughing at it for a week now

The Connery accent.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not surprised really. I'm the kind of person who unironically loves Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and The Master of Disguise still caused me physical pain.

Yeah, a super short SNL skit that would keep your interest but ultimately only leaave you thinking "Well, they tried" made into a 1hr 20min movie.

:suicide:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Mailbag was cool
I poo poo myself when blacking out after donating plasma and walking for almost an hour in high humidity heat.

LOL at the losers who poo poo themselves in non life threatening situations like invalids.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TetsuoTW posted:

There's also this... fantastic? fan site for the show, including scripts, fan scripts, and a text file that is a looooong fan script for a gritty reboot of Road Rovers.

I just got caught up again with this thread and this screenplay is magical. It's witty, gritty and modern(for the 70s). Exceptional work.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Vosgian Beast posted:

They could run an entire podcast based around people recounting horrific experiences at this point.

Oh man, I need to email them about this dweeb who talked up a storm about his D&D larp crew. He hated my guts for calling him on his STDH.:words: and took it out on me on D&D encounters game we played.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Viewer request month is over right?

When is the next one? And do you guys think The Perfect Host is a good pick for WHM?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DoombatINC posted:

I don't know if that's a good pick because The Prefect Host is loving great

That's objectively true but I'd like to hear them talk about it. :shobon:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I played Soul Caliber 2 in an arcade a ton. There was a handicapped kid, basically like Walter Jr, but with a slightly higher level of mental handicap, playing the game. I was playing, an the kept jumping into challenge me. I let him win, and then when he was finished I started playing again. Then he joined back in and fought me again. This happened several times, and I kept letting him win since I wanted to be nice. After about five rounds of this, I stopped playing to let him win, and turns out I couldn't actually beat him. He was fantastic at the game, and schooled me. Should I send that in? It's not arcade romance.

Not for you maybe.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hey guys!
I was helping a friend deliver panela and oaxaca cheese yesterday. He gets the stuff fresh made straight from Mexico and delivers it same day, people go nuts for it.
After making the rounds we stop for dinner at a nice place called Rudy's BBQ. If you're ever in Del Rio, Texas it's worth stopping by at any time of day.

I'm on the tail end of the flu so I wasn't coughing too badly but I was still very achy and some nice BBQ would hit the right spot.

We split an order of 1/2 lbs of brisket, 1/2 lbs of chicken chicken and a mess of creamed corn.
After I finished eating, I got the call of nature and like a responsible adult I went to the bathroom.

Unfortunately, the second I entered the bathroom, I sneezed real hard and poo poo myself.
I cleaned up as best I could and made a b line for the exit.

Lucky me there's a walmart not 50 yards away where I got some wipes to clean myself up properly in the bathroom and some new under pants and a pair of jeans.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I really liked Ron White in a plane with a really nervous guy.
:sweatdrop: Hey huhhuh, if one of the engines goes out, how far do you think the other will take us?
:clint: All the way to the scene of the crash.

"Aim us into something hard. I don't want to limp away from this piece of poo poo." -:clint:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

precision posted:

I don't want to know, but I kind of do... what did he do with the soiled clothing after changing?

Under pants were a lost cause, went into the trash bin. Pants were double bagged and into the trunk for the car ride home.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This episode is like, solidly half Larry-voice.

In Larry voice: Make America Great Again!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

thrawn527 posted:

:words:

WHM isn'[t the movie podcast we deserve, it's the movie podcast we need.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Mool-Kah-Hee.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Funny, I keep getting people recommending me to read Civil War before seeing the movie.

I should probably stop talking to those people.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fatherboxx posted:

Funny how a movie with The Rock, Karl Urban and Rosamund Pike would be beloved nerdbait if released now.
I mean, if the casting stays the same and the movie magically changes into something decent.

They had the BFG9000 and the only thing the Rock shoots with it is a wall. gently caress that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wait, wasn't that movie called Innerspace?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

precision posted:

Oh God, the Gallagher impressions. You syon of a byitch!

This watermelon represents your desire to listen to a podcast about movies, this mallet represents me, Gallagher.

*SPLAT*

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You syon of a byitch

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
All Episodes Archives
Now displaying: Category: episode-145-gallagher
No episodes found.

Aww man. :(

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Speed 3: Sex Panther

Keanu Reeves as Keanu Reeves
Sandra Bullock as Sandra Bullock
Jason Patrick as Bryan (Brian?)
Dwayne Johnson, as the Sex Panther

This writes itself.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Speaking of chowderheads, wonder what kicked this off.

quote:

We Hate Movies ‏@WHMPodcast
Here's the deal. We're happy to entertain all forms of stupid Internet banter. But the second we get a whiff of prejudice, you're blocked.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/747812868331020289

Luckily I wasn't blocked for calling WHM the anime of podcasts :sweatdrop:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GrandpaPants posted:

Are soccer fans the worst sports fans?

Well, to answer a question with a question, are anime fans the worst?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Over the weekend I was watching TCM and I caught maybe 75% of a movie where these kids murder people. Their ring leader is a blonde girl and she gets two boys to take a bat to her dads head and make it look like he fell on some stairs. One kid takes a .357 revolver to a couple fuckin in a van. In short, this movie was amazing. Having a hell of a time running down the title of the drat thing!

Is this something up WHMs alley?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 28, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Evil Mastermind posted:

Was it about kids who were born under a certain star sign that meant they didn't have souls? That sounds like a movie RLM covered once.

I think it was just the blonde girl ring leader who was born without a soul. The other kids she Manson Family'd were just assholes.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DoombatINC posted:

That movie is called Bloody Birthday, and they straight up already did it on their sideshow Side Order of Sleaze :D

Oh poo poo! Thanks! :D

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Andrew: Sorry Eric, it has come to my attention that you are gay, making all our anal sex and fellatio an office romance instead of just intense work outs. Gonna have to let you go.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fatherboxx posted:

There is also that one about him making a documentary about Prince that went into the vault

There's a video of Kevin Smith talking about his experience with Prince and lol he is such a dumb idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhcParuzpc - 24:39 he talks to Prince and makes an idiot of himself about the meaning of the Devil in Prince's music and such.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Corek posted:

Prince was a Jehovah's Witness and they literally do believe the devil was cast down in 1914 to rule Earth. That album even has a lyric about the devil being around since 1914.

If the bra fits.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just got around to Lady In The Water and the only thing I could think to say about it if I was a reviewer is, "Nice meltdown."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

thrawn527 posted:

Also, I'll say Andrew is a special kind of Star Trek nerd, who remembers the full registry number of the Enterprise from the end of 4, and all of 5 and 6 (NCC-1701-A), yet not remember plot points from Wrath of Khan (Khan not only doesn't take over the Enterprise, he never steps foot on it. He and Kirk are never in the same room the whole movie).

No big deal or anything. Just funny, to me.

The Reliant and the Enterprise are very similar, to be fair.