Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fart City posted:

I still cannot believe that the actual men who stopped the attack are playing themselves in the movie. Like I'm not sure what I should feel about that, but I know it definitely feels a bit icky.

If Audie Murphy could do it why not some rando eurotripping bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

FF8 as worst of the year seems crazy to me.

In case you're a first time listener here's a spoiler for y'all:

bad != bad

this applies to everything on the internet.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gonz posted:

The worst F&F movie was the one that featured the seemingly 20 mile long runway in the final act.

It was bad but not because of the runway scene.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Yaws posted:

I loving hate that movie. It's trash that appealed to 16 year olds in 1998. That's it.

Apparently 16 year olds in 1998 have good opinions and you don't :-/

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Do not worry about Stan Lee

But for real he's gonna die.

http://people.com/movies/stan-lee-reveals-battle-with-pneumonia-at-the-age-of-95/

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good ep but they seriously did not want to talk about that movie one bit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They are not allowed to discuss the only new movies being made any more.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I've been listening to the podcast for years and my brain makes no attempt to sort out which of them made any given comment.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good dang ep this week.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Ravenous is an extremely good pick. I think Excalibur would make a great episode too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I listen to the main feed only and its plenty of podcast every single week.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is Wishmaster the most used WHM character?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hard Target might be the all-time most fun episode.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tato posted:

My mind is reeling learning that Jon Turteltaub directed 3 Ninjas AND the best Barbarian Brothers movie.

I've only seen double trouble and the barbarians, think big is better?

Fake edit they were in dc cab which has to be their best movie.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

For people who struggling to find comedic value with the WLM episodes, I stumbled across this podcast called THe Rewatchables that I find really good and that approaches objectively good films in a bit of a different way. Fans of this thread and WLM might like it

https://www.theringer.com/the-rewatchables/archives

I would like less of bill simmons in my life.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Honestly huge laugh about the no beak bird fight loser

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Main feed only baby!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I just like the background music on the ads so it's really easy to skip past. Not all podcasts do that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I stopped listening to 90210 since it left the main feed but I can't believe they just got out of season 2 when it finally begins to really transform from an after school special to a trash teen drama we love.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

Do Lexx, cowards.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Deleter posted:

It's also interesting to go back and compare their feelings now to the old episode. It's over a decade, sure, but contrast their more tempered feelings on the movie now and them pointing out the good as opposed to the much more vitriolic reactions of their younger selves.

As they mentioned they have been more worse Star Wars in the last 10 years

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Clones gives me some real laugh out loud moments though: jar jar ending democracy, the sand speech, Natalie Portman getting mauled by a giant weasel to reveal a mid riff, the whole yoda fight, "this party's over", the conveyer belt sequence. All of those are simply great.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The ads are good again, I got an embedded ad about finding a rehab in iowa

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SilentChaz posted:

It's got William Shatner escaping a satanic cult led by Ernest Borgnine and John Travolta in a very brief role as one of the cultists at the end.

I assume the movie's language is English not Esperanto?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Surprised we haven't gotten a "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" episode

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Ftf4 is by far the best in the series. Great kills, actual actors, good Jason.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

clown shoes posted:

None of those movies come even remotely to a good watch. Literally any other horror franchise has something better to offer.

That's absolutely wrong for part 4. 1 and 2 are camp shenanigans and made the genre what it is but aren't great. 3 is cheap and doesn't have any good kills, maybe the worst one. 4 is a solidly great slasher start to finish. The movie moves along, makes more or less sense, great kills.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They should all watch the GvS Psycho back to back.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah, it's a good recap podcast that will give you a full in depth analysis of the whole movie besides the riffing and voices.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They seemed to be in playing die hard 2 up like it's a bad movie, but it's not, it's good.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

weekly font posted:

Die Hard 2 has the problem of being stuck between two significantly better Dies Hards

Yeah it's definitely weaker, and it's very clear that it was just a script that got Bruce attached and Die Hardified. It's probably better overall than a hypothetical 1990 movie "Airport Crisis" staring Westley Snipes would probably be. But a stand alone would be remembered as a great action film, not a weirdish sequel. Passenger 57 could then be a straight sequel.

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 2, 2023

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
At least there seems to be enough content to make a dc/marvel free month I hope.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So is the love actually ep worth listening to? I listed to half an hour and there's still 2.5 left. These are guys who complain that movies aren't 85 minutes but then release this.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm happy we escaped with only one super hero episode

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gyges posted:

Having never been able to get into X-Files, every time they started talking about Pushers I was thinking about Chris Evans in Push. Which from the sound of things was a much better terrible (NOT)X-Men movie.

Not telling you have to watch it but season 1 is by far the worst of the Duchovny seasons.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I was mainly making the point that the X-Files is sort of like TNG that if you're already gun shy just sitting down and watching them in order isn't necessary the best approach. That said if you die and haven't watched like 100 hours of 90s tv even if it's a good show you'll probably be fine.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I've always thought that Things to do in Denver when you're dead would make a great episode. It's definitely a bad movie but it has a loaded cast and is a great representation of the post pulp fiction movies

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

admataY posted:

SAFE HOUSE would have been a bad movie if Sir Patrick Stewart wasn't Sir Patrick Stewart , but Sir Patrick Stewart IS Sir Patrick Stewart so it is kind of a great watch .

Just like Masterminds.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Got a solid chortle with the impromptu dvd theme song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is rollerball remake better or worse than deathrace remake?