Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Once upon a time I had a bunch of geckos and now I do not because they all got flesh eating bacteria and most of my favorites died :) YOUR TURN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

one time i fived one of your threads and then god smote my cat

oh man, nailed it

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Once upon a time I had a bunch of geckos and now I do not because they all got flesh eating bacteria and most of my favorites died :) YOUR TURN

Hon, are you ok? This is pretty sad :(

(do you have pics?)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I had a chicken die from being put in the bath, just straight up had a seizure on contact with warm water. :henget:

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Back in the day I had a garter snek that had babies; the (lovely local) petstore guy told me instead of finding tiny guppies I could chop up some kind of frozen salt water feeder fish.

I ended up finding at least one of them with a piece of fish stuck in mouth and dead :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

I had a chicken die from being put in the bath, just straight up had a seizure on contact with warm water. :henget:

Considering your euthanasia thread I imagine that was intentional and you were probably making something like chicken soup, which I can't possibly support.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
this is a distinct possibility, but nothing can be proven

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
I had a hamster once and it got out of its tank right before we went to Disney World and we couldn't find it. When we got back it had gotten all the way into the basement and made a nest, but it was okay. So we put it back in its tank and then the next day it died. I think it killed itself because we took away its hamster freedom.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
My murderdogs cracked my fluffy little baby puppy's head open once, CRAZY how life is sometimes

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
once i had a chicken have such a meltdown over being moved in with different chickens that it flipped the gently caress out and died of like a heart attack i guess, right then.

Abutiu
Oct 21, 2013
I had to shoot a goat in the head because he tried to crawl under the fence and it didn't work so he broke his back. :( I didn't know the proper place and didn't have internet access at the time so I just shot him through the eye angled up towards his brain and it worked because he died instantly. He was my favorite goat too.

Also not a pet but I've found 3 skeletal deer and elk over the years with their horns caught in trees, which I always think is kind of weird even though it must be fairly common. I mean, it's not like they're getting their horns stuck in manmade structures or something, they're just being dumb and catching their antlers in trees and it kills them.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
my cat knocked over my mouse's cage and it ran into the rat's cage in a panic. then my rat ate it and i found its gross lil ribs and tail in the litter pan

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
When I was in high school my parents got me a ~fancy coach purse~ as a graduation present. I guess I set it too close to my rat's cage because they pulled part of it into the cage, ate the corner and died overnight. :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My hamster ripped his stupid face open on a wire from the screen of his cage that he had chewed through. I was like 6 and absolutely devastated.

We didn't know anything about what kind of cages to use for hamsters so we pretty much just kept whatever the pet store people sold us and also I was 6.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I bleached a goat. Really my bad, but first off, the outdoor bleach should have been labeled as such, and, holy poo poo goat why would you think bleach water tastes good.

RIP Elvis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

My favorite chicken was killed by the other chickens who pecked her until she had a wound under her wing that I didn't see until it was really infected, anyway trips to the vet revealed the had pecked her deep enough to puncture her air sac and she got bronchitis and the antibiotics were not sufficient to save her. :(

I had an iguana who basked in the sun and died of heat stroke, even though she had shade she could have moved to...

Lost the majority of my 20 gallon community fish tank when I was a kid because the thermometer cracked and went nuts and drove the temperature really high.

First-time zebra finch parents are often really crappy at it and I had more than one nest of babies get thrown out onto the cold floor by the parents when they were over a couple weeks old because... gently caress raising kids.

• Locked thread