Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Spout.ly is back, and it has done what many people thought would be impossible: made a funny gamergate article.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/spoutly-gulpergate/

I mean, I thought that every possible permutation on mocking gamergate had been done, and done to death, but this actually surprised me and made me laugh. Just seeing the article title made me laugh, and the rest of the article delivered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3pLDrZQTf8

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

it really is just more of the same twitter jokes.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

It gave me a mild chuckle :unsmith:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
This was a really good front page article

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Spout.ly is the best

Livestock
Jan 22, 2001

TOO SEXY FOR DEMOCRACY
Thank you for liking my tired twitter memes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It might be tired but it's still going strong so it was still relevant unfortunately.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Livestock posted:

Thank you for liking my tired twitter memes.

I think even without the topical stuff, it is still funny. It gives a picture of what these people are like. People who get obsessively into really niche hobbies really do act like this.

I have wondered for a while about the biographies of the Spout.ly people, and would like to hear more about their backgrounds.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

This article made me try to remember the last time I saw a woman drink from a water fountain. I think it was in 7th grade.

Goddamn it #gulpergate :cripes:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Also, since we have gotten this far, what does spigot.us think of #GulperGate ?

Spigot.us seems to be the hipster drinking fountain site, Spout.ly is for the...um, what would we even call that subculture? Spout.ly does seem to be roughly gamer/bro/fedora.

And also, to complete the triad, could there be a SJW fountain review site? maybe fountainspectrum.tumblr.com or something, with arguments over which fountains are problematic?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
A week later, I still can't decide whether I like Soggy Steve's post or Hydrat0r's more.

(Both are second-place to Inflow's.)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I've been thinking about Spout.ly every single time I drink from a water fountain. I've really started to examine how I think about them.
gently caress, if it was a real website I'd probably have an account.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
It is a real website. Look for your hand carved invitation in the mail, fellow avid gulper.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

glowing-fish posted:

And also, to complete the triad, could there be a SJW fountain review site? maybe fountainspectrum.tumblr.com or something, with arguments over which fountains are problematic?

I want to see this also now, though I'll be happy with any Spout.ly article and frankly anything from Shaggy Butte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

I just thought of something. What if these fountain fans start naming fountains? Then we will have (colorful) fountain names in addition to all the BarkWire dog names.

• Locked thread