Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

JacquelineDempsey posted:

That seems like the perfect ingredient for a Bloody Mary/Caesar. (Oh god I want a Bloody Mary now)

Also, I had no idea Jelly Belly had alcohol flavors. WTF? How does Joe Camel get the smackdown for making smoking seem cool to kids, but a candy company can essentially say "hey kids! Don't margaritas taste good?"

When I was 5 or so I had one of those Baskin Robbins ice cream cones decorated to look like a clown. It was some sort of sherbet like flavor that I really liked, so I asked one of the employees what flavor it was. Daquiri Ice. A while later when my family was out at a restaurant I noticed they had daquiris on the menu so I asked the waitress for one because "daquiris are my favorite".

Still my favorite flavor ice cream-like desert!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Randaconda posted:

Coke must have been amazing when it still had literal coke in it

Protip: You can still put coke in it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

I would genuinely like to be a fly on the wall in the life of someone for whom this is true.

John Red Lobster, the inventor of Red Lobster.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

Play Monopoly rules as written and the game ends inside an hour with everyone bored but not angry

They've actually added the common house rules that make the game take forever to official rules at this point, FYI.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I haven't actually played Monopoly in something like a decade but the last time I did the free parking lottery was in the rules, to my surprise and dismay. Maybe board game nerds sent them enough angry letters since then that they've removed it? If so good on them, I guess.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

less than three posted:

Their tweets are also automatically posted by SocialFlow every 30 minutes on the dot, so they're doing literally nothing.

They did a charity stream benefiting BLM. They seemed pretty sincere about it :shrug:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Not sure what I need their service for, it seems like everything you need to know is in that screenshot of that ad.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I could go for some tatooine fried tip-yip

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Please report back on what "chococrunch" is.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

Remember when we had all the half naked lady ads that just linked to random amazon things so someone could make referral dollars?

And how Wayne Gretzky defended them as being find just don't click them lol

J-list and Lucy Lastique will always be the SA banner ads of record for me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So what's "the deal" with Peloton bikes anyway? It kind of seems like the exercise bike must have been perfected decades ago, are people just paying a premium for the internet of things to tell them "good job" or something?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

i'm like 90% positive it was on these forums i read someone saying they make female mmo characters because "if i'm going to be staring at an rear end for hundreds of hours it's going to be female"

I feel like I read that sentiment dozens of times on these forums but it may have just been the same megaposter repeating himself every time the topic came up.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

zedprime posted:

I never understood the Aloy ugly thing. HZD is one of the games I've most caught my self lasciviously staring during debates on which armor to use.

It's hard to put my finger on but I did find her kind of weird looking, she has a weird sort of a Rufio from Hook vibe. Maybe her face is too big or expressive leading an uncanny valley sort of effect? I wouldn't say she's ugly but I get it when people aren't totally on board with her design.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Necrothatcher posted:

Sky History in the UK have made a reality TV show about woodworking called The Chop and were promoting it on Twitter. They did a spotlight on one of their contestants:

Twitter immediately pointed out that the guy is covered in Nazi tattoos and has an 88 on his cheek. Sky told everyone to calm down, they'd already checked and he's definitely not a Nazi - the 88 is because his Dad died in 1988 and it's to remember him. Everyone laughed at them, told them it was bullshit and that the guy was obviously fash - pointing out the multiple other far right tats.

Today the guy's dad has popped up saying "I'm not dead!" and the entire show has been canned.

Am I looking at this wrong or does he literally have a tattooed on Hitler 'stache?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Does anyone really measure salt up to a minute amout? Salt really is something that is up to one's preference, and the old adage of "add salt to taste" applies.

Also if specific amount of salt is required, they should list either weight (which is the same regardless of what grind you are using) or common table salt sice there is no reason to use anything else 99% of the time.

I've definitely had recipes ruined because apparently diamond kosher salt is such a "default" choice for internet chefs that they'll just list it as "salt" even though it's something like 50% less salt in a tablespoon than regular table salt.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My mom was actually a great cook by boomer standards but she also basically never used salt. It was a genuine epiphany when I realized there really was one big single reason that restaurant food tasted way better than my cooking.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

mllaneza posted:

The serial killer schtick in the Prequel reviews served two primary purposes. One, an openly brutal mockery of the Star Wars fans who take it too seriously. Second, to show that they can write and produce a deeper relationship than Lucas did. That's them deflecting the expected criticism a lot of critics get - they can critique but not create. They're making an overly long and detailed breakdown of the latest entries in a beloved film series, they were always going to get a lot of flack no matter how they presented it.

The first may have been gratuitous but was sometimes funny. The second I think they actually pulled off. It's twisted and hosed up, but it's more believable than Padme and Anakin.

It was a failure on both counts, it just made them look like hacks and turned people off of the videos.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

Im not sure you can say they turned people off. They were never going to grab everyone but they were wildly successful for good or for ill. I mean for years you basically couldn't discuss the prequels without someone basically copying their arguments word for word like it was their own idea (this actually isn't a good thing just trying to emphasize how drat popular they were).

And every time someone brought up the reviews you'd have people ragging on the rape dungeon bit (see: this discussion). They were successful in spite of it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have no strong opinions on Cornflake Hitler.

I was pretty bullish when I thought he was spongebob hitler but my enthusiasm cooled substantially when I learned his true nature.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My dad worked on a (non-Hollywood) movie that Cruise was in. He and the other staff (like 10-15 people) were invited to the premier but told they couldn't bring their families because it would disturb Cruise's family. This was such a weird, insulting thing to say that they literally all boycotted it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I thought this was implying something about the way the hand was gripping the rod and then I scrolled down another centimeter.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I feel like the words that the font is spelling being "white boy summer" is an important piece of info here. I wouldn't say fraktur is racist in and of itself but that sure looks like apparel for neo-nazis.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The whole roadmap thing is just inherent to games as a service. They can't make content as fast as you can play it, so it's just a way of showing that they've got more stuff planned once you finish the current stuff. Whether the game launches with enough content or adds it at a quick enough pace or fails and gets shut down are separate issues.

That said I'm not really a fan of games a service in general, they quickly end up feeling more like a work than fun. See also: battle passes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/06/11/plantation-white-refugees-juneteenth-event/

Although I'm not sure if this is dumb or simply malicious hateful racism from people who know precisely what they're doing.

"The slave overseers were the real victims" is such a ridiculous take I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

Google tells me 1 shilling is $20 and that Bob made 15 a week.

I'm incredibly bad at common math but 15*52*20 is $15,600. Am I missing something?

You're forgetting the priceless experience he was earning working for a titan of the, uh, counting industry like Scrooge!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Memento posted:

That "Tackling" could be a little bigger, if you're taking notes.

What does the image have to do with the message? Looks more like a family than a team, and the human glyphs look like they were cut out from a trash bag for some reason.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

They're all plays on common phrases except the lightbulb one, which is straight up just claiming that their product is created and powered by Satan himself

My pee pap was always saying something was "hotter than an impregnated goblin". He was one of the first anime fans.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

That's hick talk for "grandfather"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shifty Nipples posted:

i thought that was "pee paw"

so rather than pissing in your cpap machine youre merely tinkling on your hand

You've never heard anyone say "pap" to mean father? Get a load of the city boy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

A friend of mine told me when he was out trucking in Missouri and the GPS at one point said "Street Louis."

My dad turned the voice on his GPS to Australian and when driving around Washington state it would read the abbreviation WA as Western Australia.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Schubalts posted:

To add to this, the raid developers on Wildstar would actually shadow raids and if they saw a clear that they didn't like, they'd patch the boss so that method would become impossible. The boss nerfs only came about when they became absolutely desperate for any playerbase to stick around, and even then they were smug pricks about it.

I think part of this is because the game launched with 2 raids, a 20 player raid and a 40 player raid. You had to beat the 20 to access (and gear for) the 40, but the 40 was actually extremely incomplete for months after the game's launch (for all I know it was never completed). So they tried to hide this by intentionally making bosses impossible, and then buffing them if anyone found away around them.

Also lol 40 player raid

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

"Wolf Kink". Gonna introduce some wolves to the bedroom.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They're burning VC money for market share.

This is definitely an underappreciated aspect of these "disruptive" app based services. I think most people, at this point, recognize that they're ignoring regulations and gig-ifying labor costs, but on top of that a ton of them aren't even concerned with making money. The business plan is literally

1. Burn through VC money to capture the market
2. ???
3. Profit

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dumb Marketing Moves: Orlando Furioso

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bonobos are neat and in a vacuum there's nothing wrong with naming stuff after them. Naming some special celebratory Juneteenth thing after them is obviously pretty hosed up, though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Perestroika posted:

Similarly, a few years back a German sweets company had a promotion where you could win money if you ended up finding a cookie with a blue waffle in a package:

It's too weird of a coincidence, I'm almost certain some weirdo somewhere was having a laugh when they suggested this particular combination.

Super gross indeed

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

hot slop in a Lean Cuisine container

That's just Lean Cuisine.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

Surely we have enough data at this point to bust out a pie purist chart

Edit: nvm here we go

So this is one of those "pie charts" I've heard about

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

This would be a fitting and honorable tribute if the pie was cooked in a pentagon pie pan, but from here it just looks round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

She's now rapper Bhad Bhabie

So is she like a rapping middle aged Indian auntie or something?