Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I updated the bio to jump in on the "I know what a childhood is" thing.
I'm taking a pair of Customized Grips and one Home Material for my weapons. Maybe she'll find a new Home for the other one. No Sacred Inscriptions because she can't reeeaad!
Our biggest challenge is going to be getting lost because we can't read street signs or orders.

EDIT:
And another portrait. One that's, you know, of a Sororitas. I'm not going to find a Repentia portrait that's not :hawaaaafap:

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Agrippina can read! High Gothic, at that.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It does occur to me that, seeing as Euphrosyne doesn't have linguistics, her dataslate is probably going to see more use as a cutting board than anything else. Do dataslates do text-to-speech? They can also show picts, right?

Maybe I should invest in some basic literacy (but I probably won't).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yes, your slates can do text to speech if you have them. I'm considering just blanket removing the illiteracy by GM fiat; it's funny but I wonder if it wouldn't get old pretty quick. Who is yea/nay on this?

Also, rules addendum: Flamers just no longer Jam. The Flamer Jamming rules have always been crap.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I am actually totally fine with the illiteracy thing - it looks like there will be one or two people who can actually read for any must-have situations, and otherwise it just provides a little bit of a challenge we can't solve with flamers and bolters. If it becomes really problematic for some reason we could always buy the advance or just let it slide if its frustrating everyone.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Yeah, being mainly illiterate wouldn't be too bad. I'm pretty sure the correct approach is to shout "Emperor guide me!" and pick a direction at random anyway.

And I'll totally get that background done in tonight.

E: Done

Staggy fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 12, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
To be honest illiteracy fits my background anyway so I'm not too fussed.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Probably for the best, then. I'll keep it in to keep to the whole crusader theme and if it causes problems we'll adjust.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Recruitment deadline is coming up in a few days, so take this as a reminder to those who have not completed their Apps or who are interested but have not created a Sister yet that they should do so soon!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If I don't get any activity by the time I'm going to bed tomorrow I think I'll close recruitment a couple days early and announce my picks and get to work on Scenario 1, as a heads up!

Okay, doesn't seem to be any further interest, so I'll announce my picks sometime tomorrow after I collapse tonight because it's 4:30 AM and why the hell did I stay up this late?

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 18, 2014

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alright, after much sleep and some deliberation, I'd like to announce my picks!

Kai Tave as Sister Elyse
Vicissitude as Sister Corrina
Professorcurly as Sister Carolina
Werix as Sister Superior Voltare
Poultrygeist as Sister Elda
Thatbastardken as Sister Hospitallar Agrippina
Ashcans as Sister Cosie
Staggy as Sister Celestan Almeda

Thank you to everyone who applied! I had a great time reading your apps and I hope this goes well so that I can run more stuff here in the future. If you didn't get in this time I will keep your concept around in case we need replacements down the line, or if I run another game another time. I hope you'll all be patient with a first time PBP GM and I also promise I will do my best to post often and try to keep things running smoothly.

Next, for those chosen, I'd like to do some quick questions about where you'd like things to go once we get started. I'd also like to ask if you all have any suggestions for people you'd like to see in your Order's command structure or support staff; I already have Canoness Theodora written up as the most energetic and murderous 200 year old grandma (though with Juvenats she looks about 40) you could ever meet, but are there any other ideas or concepts you'd like to see? Similarly, with the picks I made I get an impression of your squad as a fast moving rapid response or raiding force, with Cosie driving an Immolator with the infantry in it and the Seraphim scampering along in the sky; does this seem like what you'd all like to do once you get on world? I will try to have the first post/thread up within a few days!

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Huzzah! The Emperor Protects!

I like the idea of the rapid reaction team, especially since there's a vehicle Elda can ride around in/ use the heavy weapons of.

As for support staff, I think having a patient, long-suffering Munitorium adept assigned as a liaison would be interesting. Someone that attempts to keep us in line with the IG battleplan and restrain our impulse to burn everything.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, that'd be a good excuse to bring back Millicent Mudd, Administratum Quaestor, so I think I will go with that idea, yes.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, with as many Seraphim as we have plus a Dominions driver, some sort of rapid reaction/raiding force seems like the way to go.

As far as support staff goes, with all but one of us being pretty bad at tech-related stuff it seems clear we're going to need a tech-priest or three.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah tech-support seems like a good idea. I can see the Commissariat being very interested in having an 'observer' riding with us to make sure we aren't causing dissension in the ranks. The rapid raiding force is a pretty solid plan.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

thatbastardken posted:

Yeah tech-support seems like a good idea. I can see the Commissariat being very interested in having an 'observer' riding with us to make sure we aren't causing dissension in the ranks. The rapid raiding force is a pretty solid plan.

Commissariat? What are we, Imperial Guardsmen? The emperor is our Commissar. We are His brides, Adeptus Sororitas, Bolter Bitches. We need no commissar.

I have no problem being rapid reaction so long as I can ride on the top/back of the immolator and point my sword in the direction I want our three seraphim to fly at.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, technically the Commissariat has no real authority over the Sororitas (Commissars themselves occupy a nebulous position at the best of times, they aren't strictly speaking part of formal Guard chain of command, but they seem to have pretty clearly delineated areas of authority) but Commissars can and do often act as inter-regimental liaisons especially in theaters where you have a bunch of different regiments all piled in together. So when you've got the feral death worlders trying to work alongside the highborn rough riders and then you've got hive scum tunnel fighters over there and Command just had an all-ratling sharpshooter regiment shipped in, it's the Commissariat's job to keep everything running smoothly and make sure everybody cooperates, or at least doesn't kill one another. Adding a newly arrived contingent of Sororitas sounds like the sort of thing they'd probably want to send someone over to check in on.

e; I mean that doesn't mean we have to do what they say obviously.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah the Commissar would be there as a liaison officer more than anything else, probably some young and desperately keen junior Commissar who got the job because he was the compromise candidate when no-one else wanted the job.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So the commissar I kill the moment he gets in our way?

I also really like how none of our sisters are like Schola Pukes. Expect me to be blasting a lot of In This Moment from my Laud Hailer on the battlefield.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

thatbastardken posted:

Yeah the Commissar would be there as a liaison officer more than anything else, probably some young and desperately keen junior Commissar who got the job because he was the compromise candidate when no-one else wanted the job.

Exactly this. Any Commissar with enough sense and enough pull to be doing literally anything else is almost certainly going to find elsewhere to be when word comes down that somebody needs to volunteer to diplomatically coordinate with an unplanned crusade full of warrior nuns in power armor which means the person who gets stuck with it is probably going to be some fresh-faced newbie on the lowest part of the totem pole.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Werix posted:

I also really like how none of our sisters are like Schola Pukes. Expect me to be blasting a lot of In This Moment from my Laud Hailer on the battlefield.

I think they teach you to read in a Schola, which is just time that could be better spent praising the Emperor. Sounds like a silly place.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I was kind of going for something that would allow a wide diversity of backgrounds and the kind of feel of soldiers, peasants, hermit knights, 5th sons (er, daughters) marching to the crusades, and I'm really glad it worked. I really like the wide variety of concepts you guys came up with. I should have the thread up within the next two days!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Hooray I made it! Gourmet cooking for all!

I like the rapid reaction force idea, mostly because it means I get to drive an immolator. Please lets put a dozer blade on it because I am definitely going to run over/into things. I am not sure if it would be better if we were the intended rapid reaction force, or we're just so gosh-darn enthusiastic to wreck some face.

In terms of support staff I like the idea of some non-sororitas knocking about to provide a little variety, so the commissar and some poor munitorum staff sounds great. I am looking forward to people trying to work out where this lot fits into the more common structures of the guard, etc. I kind of want to see a more traditional sister (not necessarily Schola but maybe) for us to knock corners with - maybe a Dialogus or something similar working in the back ranks?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
We've got enough seraphim for a hell of a quick response. If we can get our hands on a Valkyrie, we could Deep Strike into the heart of battle and kick rear end for the Lord Emperor.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Awesome!

A rapid reaction force sounds like a lot of fun. In terms of a supporting cast, maybe somebody slightly removed/antagonistic within the Ecclesiarchy? Not necessarily full-blown "your version of worship is heresy" but more along the lines of "actually the 475th Convocation of Qud V determined that the correct lyrics are Glory, Glory Emperor not Glory to the Emperor"-style pettiness. Or maybe just a stickler for the minutiae who doesn't get on well with the more blunt "DEATH AND GLORY! GLORY AND DEATH!" approach.

Also I feel bad for Millicent Mudd already.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Speaking of, mostly because it's necessary to describe how, exactly, you'd be getting from fleet to surface and it's the easiest way to do it, I've pretty much decided Sisters use Valks as well as other forms of landers. I mean, they're a common, effective transport/gunship that forges produce in huge numbers and that are designed to transport cargo, troopers, and light armored vehicles, and since the Sisters almost exclusively use Rhino-chassis vehicles, I've always fluffed Rhino stuff as being designed to be easily airlifted (thus explaining why elite forces like Sisters and Marines use it, since they need to generally get in quick, do a ton of damage, and then move on to the next engagement or get out).

Speaking of, time to put out the stats for the Immolator!

Immolator Fast Attack Transport:
Armor: Front 31, Side, 31, Back 20
Hull Points: 25
Size: Enormous
Maneuverability: +0
Special Rules: Reinforced Armor, Environmentally Sealed, Enhanced Motive Systems, Tracked
Tactical Speed: 15m
Capacity: 5 very angry Sisters, 1 Driver/Gunner
Armament: Twin Linked Heavy Bolter OR Twin Heavy Flamers (Fires twice) OR Twin Linked Multimelta

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Access to Valkyries sounds pretty awesome, but I should note that Coise can't actually fly one at the moment - although I notice that Agrippina can. I could just make it a point to pick up the right Operate skill at the first opportunity, or just go all out and get Hotshot Pilot to drive anything we stumble upon. Is it something worth revising my advances over?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Alternately we could always just have an NPC do the flying, at least to start with.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I more mean a Valk will be available to fly you and your squad down to the surface rather than being used extensively in gameplay. I've learned long ago not to touch aerial combat in RPGs with a 10' pole if I can help it, from my long, unbroken stream of failed attempts to write a Panzer Dragoon TTRPG. Hotshot Pilot is always a good investment for an Operator, though; +1 DoS and all the Operate skills make it the equivalent of Infused Knowledge.

Glad to hear from everyone and I'll try to get the first post up today!

Thread is up!

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 19, 2014

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Right, this is technically a double-post, but I should probably put a link to the Game Thread in here! Click here for Sistahs.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
At work, will post once I get home.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I will do my best to have a post up sometime today; I think we're roughly ready to make the drop. I'm working on drawing a (very rough) map, but combat will be relatively abstract due to the nature of PBP.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
After looking over character creation in the book and the pastebin file, Elda can have bolt training (melta is her starting weapon, so she can use her Heavy Gunner slot to pick bolt). I'll be updating her sheet, and don't have any issues with the heavy-bolter Immolator now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also to note: The HB Immolator carries a much larger store of ammo than a PC mounted HB. Call it 400 rounds or so, with reloads stored in the tank. It should have more than enough endurance for this entire operation. Similarly, your Dominion has Gunner, which means she can basically drive and handle the mounted weapons at the same time.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Ah cool, I thought the turrent needed to be manned. I'll get the hang of OW yet.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's no problem. If you have any rules questions, etc, always feel free to ask. I know the initial hack document is a mess and my GMing style is a bit loose sometimes, so if anything seems confusing I'm happy to sort it out. I'm used to playing in person or in chat, so I've been spoiled by being able to make quick corrections on the fly.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Night10194 posted:

Also to note: The HB Immolator carries a much larger store of ammo than a PC mounted HB. Call it 400 rounds or so, with reloads stored in the tank. It should have more than enough endurance for this entire operation. Similarly, your Dominion has Gunner, which means she can basically drive and handle the mounted weapons at the same time.

Even with gunner I thought that Immolator turrets had to be manned (or is it womanned?) since they are designed that way? It isn't an Immolator if a sister isn't sitting up top where she can be easy prey to a sniper have a better view of the battlefield.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How about this? We say if it's unmanned and fired by remote via Gunner, the Immolator turret can only fire forward. Plus, Sister Elda has Mighty Shot, so putting her on an MG turret might be a good idea in general.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Werix posted:

Even with gunner I thought that Immolator turrets had to be manned (or is it womanned?) since they are designed that way? It isn't an Immolator if a sister isn't sitting up top where she can be easy prey to a sniper have a better view of the battlefield.

Well technically "Gunner" is a comrade ability, i.e. the intention is supposed to be that your comrade goes and does the shooting stuff while you the PC Operator focus on driving the fun-bus, but we've all sort of subsumed comrade abilities into our own characters' general capabilities with the excuse of "Sisters are just that good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yea, the rule is actually that anyone operating a vehicle can use the weapons regardless of training - it's sort of a weird thing, but allows your driver to stay useful without having to pick up dozens of different training options to account for everything that's bolted to a tank. Fluffwise, you can say that the automated systems compensate for your inexperience, or something.

Gunner is supposed to allow my comrade to man a weapon instead of requiring a player, but we don't have comrades so :iiam: I am fine with however we handle it, assuming that the skill isn't just useless. Also if Elda is a strictly superior gunner there is no reason not to let her do that shooting unless we need to split fire (ie, she needs to jump out and do one thing while I take over vehicle shooting).

On this topic, I think we have even votes for the weapon system on the Immolator at the moment. If I am parsing rules properly, the Heavy Bolter will murder people, manage sentinels, but really struggle against armor. The Multimelta will murder everything, but is more focused and requires much closer range. Which one are we going with?

• Locked thread