Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Short update up to get us to Round 3, Severan Light Infantry is still unable to do much. It's fairly likely the enemy will flee after this round if they can't achieve anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Oh they can achieve something.

They can die :getin:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Still, as a general rule, foes who are completely outmatched or whose plans have failed completely will often run or surrender, to prevent running 10 rounds of cleanup of enemy rabble because holy poo poo does PBP combat take a long time.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Kinda! I don't want to accidentally discourage you but this intro fight here's actually run pretty quick and smooth all things considered, especially since we had the holidays smack in the middle of it.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Just a heads up - my ability to post will be patchy at best for the next few days. I'll try and post in the next 12 hours or so but if I'm holding things up just assume basic movement and attacking with the other infantry sisters.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thanks for letting me know. Need a few more posts, and then I'll run the resolutions on Round 3.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Update: I'm having some computer problems and need to replace my laptop, which I was planning to do this month anyway. Still, if I don't post until Tuesday, assume it's because my laptop refuses to boot again or something.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Update on computer problems: My laptop is working for the moment and so I was able to update the mission, unlike I'd expected. We're also now out of combat, because we'd hit the point where any real threats were down and now it's time to patch up allies, fix up tanks, get intel, and think of what to do next. As a small note, the Severans aren't as dumb as you might think for mistaking your for Marines, as there are male and female Marines in this continuity and what the hell else are you going to think when you get wrecked by a small squad of people in power armor who shoot the hell out of you with boltguns and angelic fire wings? Not like the Severans have ever fought a Space Marine before and you guys are close enough.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I've got my replacement laptop in and it's working fine, though I have learned Windows 8.1 is about exactly as terrible as everyone said.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
On the one hand, working anti-air defenses would be useful. On the other hand, do we really care what a bunch of high-strung tech-priests think of us?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Those are important questions to ask yourselves! Also, cogitators or no, you can still loot the hell out of some Hydras and those things are basically made of pure bullshit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm good with either plan, so it largely depends on what other people think sounds most fun or entertaining...kill the cogitators and call in the rest of the Sisters or try to find a gap in the defenses and make an assault out of it. Presumably if we go the assault route bringing the Immolator is right out...it sounds like the cover we'd need to use to move up is highly irregular and on the small side, not nearly enough to keep a vehicle from getting chewed up by autocannons. Cosie and Ysabel both have Stealth which might help us engineer a distraction of some sort (we do have a bunch of demo charges) while everyone else makes a break through the killzone. We also have three Sisters with jump packs though it's up in the air how well the AA systems can track human-sized targets.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I intentionally threw in some additional skills so that I can continue to be useful when we don't have the tank; she can do a reasonable amount of sneaking and even some sniper work if required. Clarity is useful for helping to pick out hard targets. If we want to hit the cogitators, we could have have one group set up a distraction while the other hits the brains in the confusion.

We could actually use the demo charges to try and blow our way through the defenses for a big push, and have the air support hit the cogitators during the ensuring confusion. That way if the headshot fails, we will have hopefully blown open a route for the direct assault, and if the breach fails we might still get a hail mary with the cogitators.

If we make for a direct assault I'm kind of torn on the Immolator. If we're just going all in it would be very useful to get us into the fray quickly and provide some protection/heavy support, but Autocannons are a beast and if we're running a gauntlet of them the Immolator (and its passengers) aren't going to be safe. I suppose we could bring it up to see if the terrain would allow us to use it, and if not use it as a feint to distract from the real push on foot.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Agrippina has stealth and awareness as well, and could go along with the infiltration team. I'm on board with blasting the cogitator systems unless we can find some less permanent method of shutting them down. Direct assault sounds like a great way to get gloriously killed.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There's also still more to do around camp if you wish before you get back to shooting people in the head. Scouting, interrogation, and an accidental impromptu cooking show.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'll need to wait to make an IC post, I'm being called into work on my day off, but ProfessorCurly's plan sounds like a good one to me. We don't even necessarily have to have a captured Severan drive the Trojan Hellhound and potentially alert the defenders, we could have some of the Verduns put on Severan uniforms as a disguise to act as the Hellhound crew, then once we're inside the defenses a bunch of angry Sisters come boiling out and cause all sorts of mayhem, hopefully distracting the gunnery crews enough to allow the rest of the forces to advance through the killzone without incident. We might not even need to destroy the cogitators at that point.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There is also the hilariously fitting image of being charged by women with flamethrowers spilling out of a ruined flame tank.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
I am all for any plan that doesn't involve Elda sneaking, she's kinda bad at it. Plus the idea of Sisters using subterfuge sounds fun.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I'm kind of assuming that medical shenanigans are going to keep Agrippina busy for the foreseeable future. If not let me know so I can come up with some other trouble to get in.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

thatbastardken posted:

I'm kind of assuming that medical shenanigans are going to keep Agrippina busy for the foreseeable future. If not let me know so I can come up with some other trouble to get in.

Up to you. With how insanely good your roll was (9 DoS) you can pretty much do as you want. I think you actually raised a few people from the dead, almost.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sorry for the lack of posting, my dodgy internet situation was worse than anticipated. That should be sorted now though. If I drop out like that again feel free to kill Almeda off in a blaze of glory.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alright, unless I get some posts from the rest of the Sisters soon, I'm just gonna assume you're all okay with whatever seems to be the most popular move and update.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Yeah I'm kinda bad at this sort of planning. All I could post would be "Sure thing boss" - the plans are solid :v:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm taking Cosie on a road trip. It'll be a bonding experience.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I feel like it should involve a VW bus, but I'll settle for a chimera (if we can paint a wizard on the side).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wizards are heresy.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I just posted in the MIA thread that I'll be traveling for the next three weeks. Feel free to put Agrippina on autopilot/NPC status to keep the game moving if you need to.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

thatbastardken posted:

I just posted in the MIA thread that I'll be traveling for the next three weeks. Feel free to put Agrippina on autopilot/NPC status to keep the game moving if you need to.

Sure thing, thanks for the heads up. I'll have her stay with the patients and busy with other wounded for awhile.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Are we waiting on character posts, or more setup for the next stage. Because if we're waiting for posts I can always post more!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Same, I'm always happy to subject people to more of my posting.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Please post more! I'm waiting on the responses from Staggy and PoultryGeist and others, but please! Feel free to post and interact in the meantime, I'll try to help enable it.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Oh sorry, Elda was just going along with whatever the Sister Superior said, but I'll whip up a preparing for battle post

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's no problem! I know it's a bit hard to know what to write when it seems like every post has to be some six paragraph grand production; I feel that way sometimes when I'm sitting down to write updates. It really doesn't need to be, though. Short in character stuff is always enough and always welcome.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Ditto. I've got something short and sweet up now though.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Like, I hope you're not waiting for me to post. I've said my peace as to what I think the plan should be, but lacking the actual authority as a fellow player to make all of you follow my awesome plan as opposed to breaking off with the Guardsmen, I'm electing to just remain silent until we actually get to whatever plan(s) we've "decided" on.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Right now it basically seems to be Ysabel and Salma filling Cosie in on the "top secret plan" and going off with the Hellhound while everyone else actually listens to the Sister Superior and goes with Sarah.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, sorry. I had a rough day today and I'll get it updated tomorrow. Sorry if we've been bleeding a little momentum, just been trying to plan this battle.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I have had a crushing migraine for the last 18 hours, but I'm working on getting a post up today.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Following on from PoultryGeist's post in the thread, Almeda has a decent Agility score (42) and I'll drive if nobody else is better suited. I'll put a post up once that's decided, either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Sounds like we could use a wacky cross-training montage once the dust settles.

• Locked thread