Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven
Hot: -1, Cold: 1, Volatile: 1, Trespass/Forgiveness: 0/0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:
----

The porch light was on but the house was dark when I turned the key. Dad was on the couch, snoring, and the TV was playing the evening news. There was a box of pizza on the table with a plate and a napkin sitting on top for me. I sneaked into my bedroom (not hard, since I can reach my door from the front door) and stripped out of the costume as quick as I could. Folded it, stuffed it in a plastic bag and buried it in the closet. Put some PJ's on and headed out to grab the remaining pizza.

It was half mushroom, just like I liked it. Dad hated mushroom. drat it. We didn't order out all that often anymore. Made me feel a little bit guilty.

I picked up one of the throw blankets from the recliner and threw it over the old man. He didn't wake up, but he was usually so tired he could sleep through a zombie apocalypse. His phone dropped out of his hand onto the rug so I picked it up. There was a text flashing. Crap, I hoped it wasn't from work, he'd be upset if he missed a call like that. Better check.

>>From Holly: Aww no movie night?
>>To Holly: She's with hr friends. Maybe tommrow?
>>From Holly: K, but u should tell her!!

There was a gap, and one new message.

>>From Holly: Dex is sick so gonna have to be nxt weekend, sorry :(

Who the gently caress is Holly? Why was she invited to drive-in night?!

I put the phone down and ate my cold pizza and tried really hard not to think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Hot 1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5

I smile.

"One more dance."

Don't tell me that I'm pushing it. There's no way I can get away with this ever again. I take his hand, lean in close, and give him a peck on the cheek.

"Come on, let's make it the best one!" Then I drag him back into the floor, just as the speakers blast out Get Lucky.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Hot: 1x Cold: 1 Volatile: 0x Dark: -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak, Paranoid. On Notice.

Maria pulls up into a convenient residential street. Stopping the car she slumps back in her seat. Next to her Amy is still dry retching, by the sound of it Mike is praying, and Jimmy just can't seem to get his breath back. Adrenaline drains out of her and she mops sweat off her forehead with her hand. She breathes heavily. "What the hell just happened, back there." Jimmy pipes up still sounding like he's hyper-ventilating "Zomb--" Maria interrupts, "Zombie's aren't real, they couldn't be zombies." what's supposed to be a confident statement of fact comes out more like a question. At the looks from the rest of the gang, "I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation, maybe they're just party goers who had too much to drink and thought it'd be a great prank." Even to her though the argument sounds weak. But Zombies can't be real even on Halloween, there has to be some better explanation.

Changing the subject she looks around. "Say, where the hell are we anyway?" Michael looks around, "I think I know where we are. Looks like the projects." Maria nods "Oh, sorry still don't know my way around everywhere yet." Compared to goddamn zombies drunk assholes the projects are an improvement. She looks at gang and asks what next, they all shrug apart from Amy who seems to have fallen asleep. Maria sighs, "Let's get Amy home, and then get back to the party," She pulls the car out back onto what passes for one of Salvation's main thoroughfares. Driving carefully she eventually pulls up outside the Johnson's family house. Stepping out she and Jimmy manage to lug Amy into the house and dump her on the couch. Where she starts snoring loudly. Jimmy grins "she sounds like a foghorn," Maria doesn't say anything she just looks at Amy and thinks she's actually kind of cute when she's asleep. She makes sure that Amy is comfortable and then waves for Jimmy to follow her back to the car.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Anne
Maggie stares at you in blank horror for a moment, then she turns and runs towards the party, completely forgetting her phone in her terror.

In the alley, illuminated by the burning corpse, the others hesitate for a moment, then the nearest charge towards you, mouths open in voiceless howls. The others you've met before know have been more... intelligent, talking, or ranting at least, and passable for human to others. These are less so, more like a film zombie. As they close in, what else different do you notice about them? Intelligent or not though, they're approaching too fast for you to get off more than one more shot, and much closer the flare isn't likely to be much good. Down the alley, you can see more figures moving away out of the other end. What do you do?

Maria
As you wave him back towards the car, Jimmy shakes his head. "I'm going to stay here with Amy and make sure she's alright. Get her water and stuff." He looks back down at her sleeping body and frowns, the anger that's been there most of the night is still flickering in his face, but its tempered by concern now.

Before you have much of a chance to respond, Michael speaks up as well. "Anyway, go back to the party, are you crazy? We'd have to go through those zo- uh, crazy drunk people to get there. That guy looked homeless too, probably a crack head or something! Lets just go home." Mike is trying to look stubborn, but mainly he just looks scared right now. You have to admit that was pretty freaky, but are you going to let them put an early end to your night like this? What do you do?

Zoe
Alone with your sleeping Dad, cold pizza and your thoughts, what do you do, where does your mind go?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

"Fine just make sure she's ok come the morning. If she was that drunk, she's gonna have a monster hangover." she nods to Jimmy.

Mikes interruption though is less than welcome. She turns to him and says "Well you can call it a night if you want. I'll drop you off at your place. But I'm not gonna let some crazy rear end drunk or meth-head ruin my perfectly good night out." Michael though just looks grateful to be out of it. "Thanks Maria, just make sure you keep your phone with you, and if you get surrounded by zom--drunks get out of there. Don't try to fight them." he actually looks worried for her, which would be kind of cute if it wasn't for the fact that Maria was twice the fighter he was.

Still perhaps he has a point. If those Zomb-meth heads did come by again she'd be better off running and calling for help and not in trying to fight them. She thought about it as she approached the car. There were a couple of dents in the bumper where she'd hit that crazy homeless guy but otherwise it seemed mostly intact. Apart from the stench of dried sick stinking up the interior (which was going to be a bitch and a half to clean up.) it was fine to drive. She waved Michael into the back-seat and pulled out of the drive and made her way across town to his house.

On the way she tries to make conversation. While keeping her eyes fixed firmly on the road she starts asking if Salvation has a history of Zom-homeless bums attacking people in groups. Mike shrugs and says "Well, I've never heard of anyone doing that. But my grandma might've she's been around for years and knows all the local legends. She'll give you chapter and verse on local folklore. The trick is getting her to shut up." He shares some of the funnier stories about salvation's past that make Maria wonder if he's making them all up. Still she's in a much cheerier mood by the time they pull up outside his modest family home.

He waves her off and tells her to enjoy the party but to stay safe. She scoffs and tells him that he sounds worse than her dad and that she can look after herself. Turning the car aorund she heads back to the party, after all the night is still young and she hasn't found a date for the dance next week yet.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Linda Mills
Hot -1; Cold 1; Volatile -1; Dark 2
Harm 0/4; Exp 3/5(1) Conditions: Snob, Drained, Nosy

That other 'Maggie' has something to do with this. She's got to -- she looks exactly like her! There's no way we're getting zombies and random doppelgangers attacking in the same night. It's kind of dark, but I know what Maggie looks like pretty well, and that disguise goes beyond putting on a fairy outfit. So, I sort of storm up to where she's dancing with River.

As the song ends, the two of them drift closer to where I'm standing. I reach out, grab 'Maggie' by the arm, and haul her away from River momentarily. "Listen," I say through low, clenched teeth. "I don't know who the gently caress you are, but Maggie is my friend, and you're not allowed to hurt her." I stare her directly in the eye, letting her know I'm not kidding. Maybe she sees something there that isn't quite normal -- I don't particularly care at this point. "Now, you're going to tell me exactly what's going on."

I think that constitutes Jealous Coils. 2d6+2=11. Jamie loses that terrible string they had on Maggie, and I get to steal it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
[quote="thatbastardken" post="440569302"]
Anne Andrews
Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib, Shut Out, Peeping Tom

This is it. No retreat, no surrender, just me and the restless dead fighting in a back alley of a broken down old city. I have to think fast, keep the odds in my favor. The alley is narrow, that's good, keeps them from swarming me. Only one shot. Got to make it count...there! A pile of trash, cardboard and old papers, piled up in a doorway. A nest for some homeless guy before the weather got too cold. I shoot my flare into it, starting a merry blaze. That'll give me more light and narrow up the alley even further, for a little while. As the first of them reaches me I match it's howl with a scream of my own, equal parts rage and terror. It reaches for me and I step aside, smashing it on the back of the head as it passes. I don't look at it as I swing the wrench down overhead, cracking the skull of one that looks like it used to be a woman with long dark hair. After that everything is a blur of violence, screaming, things breaking, running back a few steps only to charge again. I can't keep this up forever, there's just too many bodies.

Lash Out Physically (Smiting the Wicked): 2d6+3 11

attacking the mob as a whole, doing 3 harm and forcing them to hold steady retaliating

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Hot +1, Cold +2, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Colossal Dweeb

Huh. Linda just... blew me off. Well, fine, then, you big jerk! I'll ignore you. You're talking to Maggie anyway. Amd I'm... thinking to myself? Weirdo. Anyway, let's...

Let's go find Anne. Where is she? I... I don't know. I really hope she's not got into another fight or something... I head over to the nearest gaggle of people (I seriously need to learn more people's names around here) and ask after her by name, but they've not seen her. Next group, same result. They've seen her around like an hour ago, but nothing since then.

Ugh. gently caress. Where is she? Did she, like, fly off or something? I stare into the (hissing spitting) depths of the bonfire for a moment, wondering if...

Gazing into the Abyss:
TheDeleter: !r 2d6-1
Krysmbot: TheDeleter, 8-1 = 7

I choose that "the visions are lucid and detailed but they leave you with the Condition drained."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Matt
As you stare into the fire, at first all you see is the crackling flames, then the world seems to fall away from you, until you're staring at the party from a feathered snake's-eye view. The bonfire crackles making it easy to see, and around it the streets and alleys spread out. Not far away, you see another fire burst into life in the darkness, and you zoom in on it, swooping down from the sky to see Anne illuminated by a pile of rubbish and a burning corpse, fighting a mass of shadows. The world spins then, and you find yourself standing next to the fire again, drenched in sweat. You know where she is though, and how to get there. What do you do?

Maria
They might have had good reasons for staying behind, but even so, they did ditch you. How do you feel about that as you drive back to the party? As you're getting almost there, maybe a block away, you see a figure running desperately towards the party just ahead of your car. When you get a little closer, you can see that its Maggie. You aren't feeling very favorable towards her for setting you up with Anne earlier, but do you notice that she's wearing a different outfit from before? What do you do?

Anne I'll leave a prompt for now if you get a chance to post.
With the flaring lights of the bum-fire illuminating the alley and you tear through the first of the dead with your wrench, the ones at the back that had been starting to work their way towards the party come to a halt, watching. As the next corpse falls to the ground, and then the next, they start to shamble forward, funneling themselves into the alley towards you and your desperate fight.

The blur of violence comes to a brief pause as you crush yet another skull, dropping the body of an overweight man to the ground. Your body is bruised and scratched, but you've taken no serious wounds yet. The crowd of dead is still thick, but the ground is carpeted with the fallen as well. Before you can move in towards the next enemy however, the rib wound from earlier flares up, sending a jolt of pain through you right as the nearest zombie lunges.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib, Shut Out, Peeping Tom

Blinding pain shoots through me, sapping my strength and staggering me. I have to focus on breathing, batting away the reaching hands and getting pushed back, trading ground for safety.

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 10

Asking a question about the scene: What can I do to get the zombies to leave, other than kill them all?

I've given up almost all of my alley. Maybe I can make that ground back up, or maybe they can rush me and break out, spill in to the party where I can't control them. I'm gripping the wall to stay standing, sucking in painful breaths like each one might be my last. poo poo, they might be. I...I don't know if I can do this on my own. But...there's no-one else here. Just me, the dead, and my wrench. I get my feet back under me and brace for the next rush.

"What are you waiting for, huh? I'm still here. Come get me."

I fly out in 24 hours, so posting can still happen

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Colossal Dweeb, Drained

Ugh. Not good. Sweating, dizzy... But I know where Anne is. I need to... to get to her. She's in trouble. Oh god, what is it with me today? I don't need this! I just wanted to go to a party and have a good time and now I have a... girlfriend, maybe, and I have to help another one defeat evil! I just wanted to play video gaaaaaaames

Okay, buck up, Ortiz. Anne needs your help. Go help her! I turn, trying to remember where Anne is, somewhere in the alleyways - twisting turning running oh Christ it's dark, please don't make me snake out to find where Anne is, that'd be the worst.

"Anne!" I'm shouting her name into the dark, the echo bouncing off the abandoned houses. "Anne! Where are you?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Matt
You round one last corner into the alley you saw in the flames, coming face to face with Anne and a mass of zombies engaged in a life or death battle. Which side of the alley did you end up on, Anne's or the zombies? And what are you going to do now?

Anne
You manage to fend off the zombies long enough for the pain to subside, and are able to get a better look at the battlefield. There are probably too many to kill at all, but you can see that they're all avoiding the burning pile of rubbish and still smoldering corpse like a plague. Whats more, the flames seems to be spreading from the trash to the other fallen bodies littering the alley, though slowly. The key here is fire. If you can stall them long enough for the rest of the bodies to ignite, you'd be able to cut the mass off from you, though that would probably leave them free to attack the party, but maybe starting a big enough fire all at once would scare them off or even just take out a mass of them at once, but you'd probably be jumped in the time it'd take to setup something like that without a distraction. As the moment of calm ends, Matt arrives on the scene. What do you do?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

Oh god. Zombies.

Hold steady:
The Deleter: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: TheDeleter, 8+2 = 10

Hah! I knew this day would come! My zombie plans are coming to... to...

I never made a zombie plan. poo poo. gently caress! Anne's gonna get eaten alive! I have to do something! I'm sure I've read something -

"Anne!" I dash towards her, I'm on her side of the alley, thank god. What was it I saw, a book Dad had left open... something about what to do with evil spirits... oh poo poo I need to remember right now! I think I had to invoke someone, some god, I think, I think I have to snake out to do it, but Anne's right there. I can see the light glinting off the dead eyes and the teeth and the grasping hands and I can''t fight them I'm a weed I'm no loving good I can't I can't I have to -

I snake out.

quote:

The Big Reveal
When you reveal your true form to someone, they take a String on you. If they accept your true self, they mark experience. If they reject you, carry 1 forward against them.

I can't look at Anne. I look at the horde, and I seriously hope that my half-remembered words from a book Dad left on the kitchen table one morning will work. Deep breath...

"IN THE NAME OF SEVEN-DEATH, LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD, I COMMAND YOU TO STOP!" My voice is still me. But it's... different. Worse. Hissing.

Shut Down the zombie horde:
TheDeleter: okay
here gooooeeessss
!r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: TheDeleter, 8+2 = 10

Giving the zombies "Subdued." Phew!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria drove steadily back to the party, she wasn't going to let anyone spoil her party, Anne, Maggie, Linda gently caress the lot of them, as for her friends well if they want to miss out on a good time that was their business. She wasn't going to let a bunch of zom-crazy methed up street people ruin her night. Still one last block to go and she was planning to park up the car and get roaring drunk and find some cute boy to dance the night away with... she'd earned it after everything else tonight.

As she turns the corner she sees someone running towards her, away from the party. Something about the way the girl moves looks familiar. As she pulls up close she realises it's Maggie. She grinds to a halt in front of Maggie and leans out the window tauntingly "What's the matter? did River finally catch on to what a conniving little bitch you are?" Maggie looks at her confused "What are you talking about?" she asks. "I haven't seen River since this afternoon. Has everyone gone insane tonight? First Anne goes mad and kills some poor homeless guy, and now your talking about stuff that didn't even happen. What the gently caress is going on."

Maria glares at Anne she almost sounds convincing but she's had enough of her bullshit tonight. "Look I've had enough of your schemes I dunno what the hell your up to this time but I'm not falling for your goddamn stupid lies again find some other dumb idiot to be your patsy and leave me alone."

Shut down Maggie: 2d6+1 6

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews

Oh no, Matt. You were gone, you were safe, I had...well, I hadn't saved you but you were safe, why did you come back? I can't protect you and keep all these creeps busy long enough to get a big fire going. I start to call out to him:

"Matt, get out of here, I can't-"

And then he changes, blurry for a second and then he's not skinny dweeb Matthew Ortiz, but something strange and terrible and beautiful, iridescent scales and glorious feathers, like nothing I've ever seen. The shock freezes me on the spot, easy meat for the horde, but then he yells at them, I don't catch the words over the power and strange tone of his voice, and they freeze as well. Like...prey in front of a snake. Oh my God, Matt's a snake. ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I unfreeze first. Snake or not, the dead are my priority here. I need to find something and if I'm real lucky it's the sort of thing that would get abandoned when the people who used to live here got evicted. A few seconds of glancing around and yes! Rusty outdoor grill setup in a sad back yard, propane tank still attached. I scurry over to the tank, snap off the rotten hose and force open the valve. It's maybe a quarter full, that'll have to do. I rush past Matt back to the alley and hammer throw the tank down the alley and into the spreading fire. Time to GTFO.

Run Away from subdued zombies: 2d6+3 12

How does that song go? Cool guys don't look at explosions? I sprint away, grab Matt around his (strange, feathery/scaly) waist like a linebacker, lift him up and power on until I get us both round a corner. By the time I look back the dead are already stirring, and then I lose a bunch of cool points because I'm looking right at the blast. Not exactly a mushroom cloud, but it lights up the alley and all the trash in it, and is probably...going to...set those houses on fire. Ahh, poo poo.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5

"I don't know what the gently caress you're on about!" I shout back, shaking off Linda's hold of me. "It's me. I'm Maggie."

Did I stall too long? Do I bail out of River now? gently caress, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I can't stay here anymore. I can see... something else in Linda's eyes. Something that tells me that she can swallow me whole if I let her.

"gently caress, what's wrong with you? I thought you were going to save my night, Linda." I say, still playing my part the best I can. "I'm out of here." And I try to stomp out of here as soon as I can, but I don't really see where I'm heading off. I'm hoping that's the exit in the other side of this crowd.

Jamie runs away! Trix, 9 -1 = 8.
I want to choose to run directly into something worse.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Everyone at or near the Party
A muffled explosion rocks through the air, knocking loose any leaves still in the trees as it shakes their branches and rattling the few unbroken windows left in the buildings, which don't remain that way for long. In the sudden silence following it, only the tinkling of falling glass can be heard as a pillar of fire bursts above the roof line a few blocks away, then fades. Several car alarms start to go off in the surrounding blocks, and the crowds begin to panic.

Linda
You try to stop the fake(?) Maggie out, but she managed to slip just far enough into the crowd that you couldn't squeeze after her before the explosion. After that, the party is pure chaos, and tracking her down would be impossible. The people all around you are running, screaming, yelling, shoving and pushing to each other, all trying to get out but no one bothering to see if they were even pushing in the right direction. Before you can do much at all, someone shoves River and he stumbles into you, his face an expression of mixed fear, anger and confusion. "Whats going on?" Forced to use you to steady himself, he's just getting his feet together under him when you're knocked a few steps to the side by someone colliding with your back, and the two of you stumble again. "Where's Maggie? What did you say to her?!"

Maria
Silence fills the air between you and Maggie as the two of you stare at the space the pillar of fire had just been. What the hell is going on tonight? Maggie turns back to you again, pure terror on her face now. "Just let me in the car and lets get out of here!" She yells at you, trying the handle desperately. Clearly this plus whatever she was babbling about has been too much for her. Before you have a chance to respond someone rounds the corner ahead of you, running away from the party. It's..... Maggie. What do you do?

Jamie
You're already shoving your way through the party when it happens, and you manage to make it out before the real panic sets in, but as you start to run through the streets away from the crowd, some panic of your own starts to build. How are you going to get back? You can hardly use Jeremy's car with River now, and while there might be plenty of people leaving any second now, if you try to stick around to bum a ride Linda will probably find you again. You round a corner and nearly run right into a car, lights on and engine still running, with someone in the drivers seat, oh thank god. But then you can that the driver is Maria. poo poo. And standing on the other side of the car from you, is.... Maggie. Double poo poo. What do you do?

Matt
The zombies halt at your words, the reaction not looking as much like understanding or obedience, and more that they just, physically were forced to stop exactly as they were. A few of them, stopping in mid motion, even fall to the ground. You're just feeling really good about yourself when Anne scoops you up and hauls you around the corner. Then, the explosion rocks the world. This close to the blast, glass shards are raining like hail down all around you, and you can barely hear following the sound wave. Leaning around the corner, Anne is staring at something you can't see yet, an unreadable expression on her face. What do you do?

Anne
You get Matt around the corner in time, and when you look back, you can see a few of the dead stumbling out of the explosion, bodies flaming, and then fall before getting more than a few feet away, burning to cinders. The explosion collapses inwards on itself, leaving only charred remains and a searing light in your eyes. Rules of drama about not looking at explosions aside, the light from one is reason enough not to. As you blink to try and clear the afterimage, it seems to be taking a shape, and then you realize, it isn't just an after image.

The explosion had collapsed into a figure the shape of a man, but taller, made of billowing smoke and flames. Though it has none, you can feel its eyes searing into yours as it starts forward with a slow pace. Each step is small and measured, but it seems to close the distance between the you at alarming speed. Heat and anger are both radiating out of its body, burning into your body. Not just his though, you can feel the anger bursting inside of you. This is it. Him. It. The one who responsible for destroying your fathers life, and so many others in the explosion. But the shockwave from the explosion has taken something out of you. You're weak, vulnerable, the ache in your broken rib is almost unbearable and Matt is next to you. Some kind of snake-bird monster thing Matt, but still Matt. Without him being here and doing... whatever he just did... you never would have been able to pull that stunt off with the zombies. He saved you, so can you let him face this thing? But can you let go of this opportunity? What do you do?

Matthew bailing you out with the zombies counts as him coming to your rescue, Anne can leave her Darkest Self.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:
----

Holly. I tried the name out. It sounded blonde and a little overweight. Maybe an office worker. Holly. Didn't feel right. I looked at the picture in the walmart frame on the nicked up end table. Mom and Dad and me, when I was younger. Mom wasn't anything like a Holly.

Mom was small and brunette and loved cooking and crafts and making something out of nothing. I missed her.

I should have expected this. When I came back from the hospital the house was different. Dad had put away the sewing machine and the closet that used to be full of yarn and cloth scraps and paper was empty. The little things she'd made started disappearing one by one. I found a box of them in the shed, buried under the Christmas decorations.

I didn't want to forget about her. I didn't want to replace her. I didn't want...

Dad snored in his sleep and it made me look up. Did he deserve this? Did I have to... to play along for him? Remiel... what should I do?

----
Zoe attempts to gaze into heaven... this is the point I give up on heaven. 2d6 = 5

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

Ow. Ow! Explosion! Ears, ringing! So much heat, everything's all orange-white, can't see -

I have to change back, it's too much. Back as a human, I raise my arms to defend my race from the glass rain, and get a few cuts here and there. I didn't even get to look at the explosion because holy poo poo, Anne just linebacker'd me. What gym does she go to? Now I feel like even more of a dweeb. Also I'm shaking from the adrenaline and the vision earlier. I feel awful. I need a -

Anne's staring around the corner. Her expression's... Is it me? Is she scared of me, now she knows what I am? Oh god, please don't let it be that. Not after I stopped the zombies like that, not after I risked -

"Anne?" I reach over and touch her shoulder. "Are you okay? You're not hurt?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Broken Rib, Shut Out, Peeping Tom

I...I really, really want to run away. I can't hurt that thing. I can barely stand to look at it. But if I go, what will it do? Will it hunt down everyone at the party, burn down the whole town, or just kill Matt. He's put his hand on my shoulder, my ears are ringing but I think he's asking if I'm OK. I shake my head.

"WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" I realize I'm yelling and stop. "Everyone at the party needs to go, now. Go and help Linda, make sure everyone goes in the opposite direction to that thing. Say a gas main went up or something."

I point out the fire creature. I don't have anything to stop it with. I have hand tools, work-boots and a bad attitude. I need a firetruck. But I have to try something.

"I'll try and slow it down, then get away. Thanks for coming to bail me out, Matt. You're a good guy."

If I was an action hero I'd kiss him or something, but I'm just scared and angry. Besides, I'm not going to let my last act on earth be snogging Zoe's new boyfriend. Not that I'm going to die.

I hope.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

Anne thinks I'm a good guy? Well I guess there's a loving EXPLOSION MAN RIGHT THERE HOLY GOD

I nod dumbly, then I say "Don't die," which is the dumbest thing to say in the circumstances. Then I turn and hightail back to the party OH GOD HES RIGHT BEHIND ME I DONT WANNA DIE I JUST GOT A GIRLFRIEND

gently caress

Run Away: 2d6-1 2

Anne gets 1 exp from The Big Reveal.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

An explosion rocks the area, Maggie's eyes widen as she stares at Maria, Maria can't help but stare back. Maggie fumbles for the door and yells they need to get out of here. Maria's not really about to disagree but before she can respond. Someone else comes barrelling round the corner. Wait it's Maggie! what the hell. Involuntarily her eyes flick from one to the other as if to confirm what she's seeing from Maggie#1s faerie outfit to Maggie#2 Frozen outfit. The two look almost identical in fact except for the costumes they are identical. What the gently caress is going on here?

Ok, ok think Maria, you've got a couple of options on this crazy night , either you're fast asleep and this is all some crazy dream, in which case bring on the marching band of pink elephants or she's snapped and some nice gentlemen in white coats will be along shortly, She doesn't think she's snapped or dreaming for that matter but might she be the last one to know? Either that or the whole goddamn thing is real. She looks from one to the other again as they both stare wide eyed at each other. There's only one way to settle this she hesitantly stammers out a question unable to take her eyes of both of them, "Maggie, what the gently caress is going on," They both turn towards her with almost identical expressions of fear and worry, Maybe this explains Maggie's strange behaviour, there were two of her running around. Was she a triplet or something equally bizarre? "Both of you freeze, We're not going anywhere until I get an explanation. "

Shut down Jamie!Maggie at the Car: 2d6+1 7 giving Jaime!Maggie the condition doppelgänger. He can give me whatever

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 27, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Anne
As Matt starts to run, you can feel its gaze shifting off of you, though again there is no physical sign of it coming from the man of smoke and flames, rather it seems like a weight has left your shoulders. Too late, you realize what it must mean as the figure lunges, somehow closing the distance between you and passing you by all in a single movement.

Matt
Before you've gone more than a few yards, the air around you, already roasting from the explosion, sharpens into an intense searing burn, the air shimmers into haze before your eyes. Then comes pain, intense, blinding pain. Your flesh crackles and crisps, and when you look down, you see a pair of flaming arms around you, then you, and the world, turns black. Take 4 Harm.

Anne
When you turn, you can see the pair of them, the man of fire embracing Matt, his arms wrapped around the cooked flesh as if in a tight hug as Matt's body blackens and the light fades from his eyes. Then it straightens up, letting your friend fall to the ground, just another burnt corpse to add to the pile. What do you do? Also, mark experience for failing to protect your friend.

Also also, I think you forgot to mark experience for that hold steady roll back when you arrived at the zombies Matt

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Zoe
Heaven has been silent to you all day today, but finally, finally you can feel a response. Maybe because you're finally in a real, peaceful place without the bustle of other people going on around nearby. Or maybe you just finally asked the right question. Who knows. There is no direct answer, but instead you see a series of images, passing before your eyes. Your father and mother, together and happy. Then you as well, the three of you happier still. Then just you and dad, sadder now, but still, happy with you. You laying in the hospital bed, your father by your side, crying. You waking up, and how happy he was. Him and you, watching a movie at the drive in. Him alone, late at work. Brief moments the two of you together, but more distant. The drive in again, happy. Him alone. Him with a woman appearing like the mental image you had of Holly, happy. Him tonight, alone with the pizza.

Him and Holly.

Him and Holly.

Him and Holly.

The answer is clear.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 3 | Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 5/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Broken Rib, Shut Out, Peeping Tom

being boring and taking +1 volatile

I scream, raw and furious. All thought of running fades away as a red curtain falls in front of my eyes. My wrench got lost somewhere back in the alley, this thing won't even feel a flare, all I have left is my body. And hate. Plenty of hate. I whip off my heavy denim jacket, grab the sleeves, and stare at this murdering creature, this loving hell-specter thing. It reaches for me, and I dodge, loop the jacket around it's neck and pull it off balance in the seconds before the jacket burns through. I can feel my own skin starting to heat up just from being close. It stumbles, and I kick it down, smashing my heavy boots into it again and again while the leather smolders and the steel caps start to glow.

Lash Out Physically (Smiting the Wicked): 2d6+4 12

3? harm and fireman must hold steady?

after this I'll be travelling so NPC until I post otherwise I guess?

It starts to fade, like a dieing ember.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz is Dead
Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5 ADVANCE | Conditions: Colossal Dweeb, Drained

I'm

dead?

no

no that's not

I can't die

I can't I can't I can't

I only just

zoe

ZOE

I CAN'T DIE

I FLEW TO THE SUN AND BACK THEY MAKE SACRIFICES IN MY NAME I AM NINE-WIND-SERPENT AND NOTHING CAN HOLD ME BACK

Clearing all harm, entering Darkest Self.

quote:

Darkest Self
You aren’t ever going to be able to reconcile the human and serpent worlds. You can’t live with the lies and insanity any longer. You need to reject one side or the other to escape this madness. Run the gently caress away, hide, return to the bosom of your serpent family or abandon them entirely for the human world. You’ll threaten, hobble or destroy anyone who tries to keep you enmeshed in contradictory obligations. You escape your Darkest Self when you submit yourself to the old obligations once more, or you shed your past life and integrate yourself into a new family.

it burns it burns it burns i'm screaming it hurts so much i'm pushing i'm pushing out i'm clawing burnt bits of myself off my face and chest and arms i'm pushing out of my old skin I won't I won't

i'm free

I can't move i'm so tired what's, what's the heat, is it the sun? feels nice

matt sleepy now

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 28, 2015

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5

Okay? This? Worst case scenario. The worst of worst.

There's only one real answer to a question like that.

"gently caress this."

And I bolt again. gently caress explosions, gently caress Linda, gently caress Maria. I need to take a cab before she keeps up with me in that car.

...Not easy to do with the Fairy Queen get up.

Run away? Trix, 6-1 = 5

Mitama fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 28, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Jamie Also mark experience for close to the sun
Maggie stares at you in complete horror, looking very glad to have the solid car between the two of you, and again starts to try desperately at the door. That changes though when you start to run. "No you don't!" She hikes up her dress and tears after you, her hand catching your costume by the back of the collar and pulls. "GIVE ME BACK MY FACE!" You can hear the fabric starting to tear, and you know the spell is going to break one way or the other.

The shards of your magic will cut Maggie no matter what you do, it won't be bad if you stop running, but she and Maria will see who you are. If you keep running, you'll make it away as the illusion shatters, but Maggie will be badly injured by it. What do you do?

GodFish fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 28, 2015

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Linda Mills
Harm 0/4; Exp 3/5(1) Conditions: Snob, Drained, Nosy

Oh goddammit, River! You know what? gently caress you, dude. You are off the list. "I do not have the time," I mutter, otherwise ignoring him. I shove my glasses back up my nose with one hand, push myself to my feet with the other. poo poo. This was bad. Panicky-drunken-stupid-crowd-of-highschoolers bad. People were going to get hurt just be getting knocked down and stepped on, forget the zombies and evil twins and whatever else is out here tonight. Then I spy Brad.

Brad appears to be trying to salvage what he can carry of his music equipment, but with all the noise and panic, he's being pretty indecisive about it. That was probably for the best. Not bothering to check on what happened to River, I scramble over to his makeshift setup. Reaching past Brad, I crank up the volume dial on his control box as loud as it can go. There's a brief, deafening explosion of sound that probably was not great for his speakers. Mostly, I just want to shock everyone enough to get them to stop long enough to maybe proceed in a halfway orderly manner.

Shut Down the crowd: 2d6+1=7 I want to put the 'Chastised' condition on them, I guess. Someone can put one on Linda too. I've got waaay too many conditions going on right now

"Are you trying to loving kill someone?" I pretty much scream at them, having shut the noise off. My ears are still ringing too, but I can tell that my voice carries pretty well in the shocked silence following the impressive amount of sound Brad's speakers managed to put out. "Everybody just calm down."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5

I can't

I can't let her see me like this

Not like this

gently caress no

Get off me Maggie

I get her hands off me, and I run faster. I let her hands bleed over every shard of my dress. I don't care. But she can't ever find me out.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria does the only thing she can think of when the two Maggies start after each other. She whips out her phone and takes pictures of the whole thing, she wants--needs to know that this whole thing was not a figment of her imagination and the video will be proof.

She's totally unprepared for what happens next Frozen!Maggie claws away at Faerie!Maggie and something happens to her. She screams and collapses to the ground blood spurting all over her dress. While the Faerie runs for her? It's? life.

Oh, poo poo, Oh poo poo, Oh, poo poo. This isn't the first time Maria's seen blood, but seeing someone go down like this. From perfectly healthy to bleeding all over the street freaks her the the hell out.

Ok, Ok deep breaths Maggie's hurt, Is she safe to move? She really wishes she'd paid more attention to those first aid courses. Crap, theres only one thing she can do,

Whipping her phone up she stops recording and dials 911 "Please you've gotta help." She babbles "My friends been attacked by a crazy person we're on--" Her eyes flick around for a sign "-6th Avenue and oh my god, god she's bleeding everywhere."

Hold Steady to Blood: 2d6+1 9 Removing the condition Paranoid, adding the condition Terrified.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Hot +2, Cold +2, Volatile -1, Dark -1
DARKEST SELF | Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Colossal Dweeb, Drained

I force myself awake. The asphalt is cold under my cheek.

What.. what happened? Did... Did I die? I remember heat, the smell of myself cooking, I remember - Anne! Is Anne okay? Did she... did she win? I can't be dead, right? I wouldnt' be lying down on the cold asphalt of the abandoned section of town if I was dead. Uh, actually I could be, but - don't think about that.

I push myself to my knees. I'm dressed in my costume - didn't that burn? I don't wanna remember. I feel like I'm gonna vomit, or snake out and THEN vomit. The world's spinning. What's happening?

Anne's right there. She's kicking at the flaming monster. He's down on the ground. He's getting his rear end kicked!

I'm furious. Dad told me it was dangerous out here. He knew this... thing was out there. He knew, he had to! And the zombies! He knew about them! But oh, don't tell your only son about them! Don't clue him in on what's out there! Just give him orders, all the time! Come home! Get me this! Do that! And now I'd DIED (I think). I'd just got a girlfriend maybe and things were looking great and then I DIED. Well, gently caress you! gently caress your orders! gently caress the bloodline poo poo, gently caress your stories, gently caress being a snake! gently caress all of it!

I scrabble on the floor, and my hand closes around a discarded crowbar from some construction work or something. It's going to melt if I hold it, so I pull off the t-shirt that I'd been using as a hood for the ninja costume and wrap it around my hand. I force myself to stand, walk, run, charging at the prone monster, I'm screaming at the top of my lungs, and I start to hit that fucker, even as the metal turns orange and even as my t-shirt catches fire.

Lashing Out at the monster:
13:11 WorkDel !r 2d6-1
13:11 Krysmbot WorkDel, 5-1 = 4

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Linda
The blast of sound effectively froze the forming mob in its tracks, causing several of the people nearest to you to clutch their ears with a variety of expressions of pain. Your own ears are ringing a bit in the aftermath, but not as much as you had expected. After the shock dies down, the crowd starts to disperse a bit more orderly, but most people who pass by you do so with glares, and you can hear a deal of rather loud muttering going on as your own hearing recovers. "Who made her the boss?" "Hail the glorious leader." "Kim Jung Linda." Nothing you haven't heard before, but never quite so much at once, and you probably did just stop someone from getting trampled. What do you do? Take the condition Bossy.

Jamie
Maggie holds tight to the back of your dress as you struggle to pull away for a moment, then all at once it tears with the sound of a sheet of ice shattering. The illusion breaks, the fragments tearing through Maggie like a rain of glass, she screams and you're free. You run and run without stopping to breathe or look behind you until you've put several blocks between you and her. When you finally stop, your clothes are in tatters around you, lifeless scraps of fabric now and you're practically naked in the cold night air. Where are you, and what do you do?

Maria
One moment the two Maggies are struggling, then there is a loud tearing cracking noise, and the Elsa Maggie falls to the ground with a scream, bleeding from dozens of wounds, one hand clutched tight in a fist. On the line, the 911 operator questions you urgently, "Do you know what cross street you're on? Is the assailant still there? What kind of condition is your friend in, how badly are they bleeding?" After a few answers, she issues you some instructions. "Try to comfort her, we'll be there soon. Don't go off the line, and try to watch for the assailant coming back, but don't move her if you can avoid it."

Maggie is curled up on the ground bleeding badly, and rocking with quiet sobs. Her hand is still clenched tightly in a fist, her knuckles white and blood pouring from between her fingers. What do you do?

Matthew
As you and Anne pile blows onto the flaming body, each blow makes a satisfying impact on the flaming body, and the fire starts to die down, the flames dimming and more and more smoke billowing into the sky off of his body. As your clothes burn off and the crowbar grows too hot to hold, his fires flare up one last time, and a voice fills your head, crackling with the heat of the sun. "We will meet again, Child of the Quetzel, and you will burn." It takes a string on you.

The flames fade, leaving only a charcoal corpse of one of the dead, which soon crumbles into soot and ashes. Anne shoves the pile with her boot, crunching the ash under it, and turns towards you. "You're alive?" And you are, but now burnt all over again, burns on your skin, blisters on your hand, and your clothes torn, cellphone melted into a mess of plastic and wires. "Gotta get you home."

GodFish fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 29, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

So it knows what I am. Don't care. If it comes back, I'll kick it's WOAH feeling whoozy again. I can hear Anne. "You're alive?"

"I dunno." I died, right? I should have died. But I didn't. Is that all there is to it? gently caress no. Probably Dad not telling me poo poo again. I'm not gonna tell Zoe about that bit. Or anyone. They won't believe me.

"Gotta get you home." Home? gently caress home. I am not in the mood to talk to that lying rear end in a top hat right now. Let him think I scored with Zoe or something - poo poo, Zoe! is she okay? If it knows what I am it might come after her, like how everyone goes after Mary-Jane! gently caress!

"I'm not going back home." I take my twisted, hosed-up phone from my pocket and toss it away. RIP, phone. "Dad didn't tell me that fucker was out there, I don't wanna talk to him. I need to get to Zoe. She could be in danger, because if that flaming gently caress knows anything about me and my family..."

I hurt all over. It feels distant. I'll deal with it later. I turn to Anne. "Can... can you get everyone out of here? Before the cops show up and we're all busted?"

Manipulate Anne:
12:52 WorkDel !r 2d6+2
12:52 Krysmbot WorkDel, 5+2 = 7

What have I gotta do to let Anne let me go to Zoe's place?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak, Terrified, On Notice.

"poo poo, poo poo, poo poo." Maria mutters to herself. "Maggie or whoever the hell you are. what just happened." Maria asks through her panic, "I saw her, saw you, fight yourself." God this is getting confusing already. " Then you went down like you'd been hit by a truck instead of well someone like you." "Please just hold still, don't try to move, the ambulance should be here quick." Maria goes to the car and pulls out her coat, it's not much but if she lays it over Maggie it might keep her a bit warmer, she must be frozen in that costume, She steps gently over and covers Maggie with the coat She's not sure how much more she can do, The dispatcher on the phone said something about talking to her "Maggie you have to talk to me, please what happened, what did you do?"

Maggies response is halting and pain filled, "I just got so angry at her, and I started tearing at her costume, She was me but she wasn't me. Then there was a flash of light and then AAH it hurts!" Maria's almost convinced that this is the "real" Maggie.

So Maggie has no more idea who her doppelgänger was than Maria did. It could be anyone, she glance nervously around, If there's one doppelgänger how many more could there be? they could be anywhere anyone, friends family. Hell the fake Maggie had fooled her completely. She hadn't suspected a thing. I mean surely there must have been something about the fake, something off about her if only she could figure out what. She squats next to Maggie and stares into the darkness, who knows where the fake went and what she planned to do next.

Who was that? (gaze): 2d6-1 8 Asking who the fake? real? Running away Maggie was? Confusing and alarming please

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Linda Mills
Harm 0/4; Exp 3/5(1) Conditions: Drained, Nosy, Bossy

That's one crisis averted. I probably could have done without the racist bullshit for my trouble, but that was Salvation for you, I guess. Under most circumstances, it would honestly have hurt, but I'm still too concerned about Maggie's screaming and her phantom doppelganger running off into the night to give it much thought. I need to find out where Maggie is fast.

I sink down into someone's abandoned plastic lawn chair. One of the benefits to this knight outfit is that it actually has pockets -- I reach in to one of them, and pull out my on-the-go tea infuser. I'm not actually making tea this time, though. I just unscrew the cap, and tip a little heap of dark, brittle tea leaves out into my cupped hand. Next, I grab the half full bottle of water sitting in the cup holder of the chair, and pour it gently over my hand, converting the tea leaves into a cold, lumpy mess. It's a terrible waste of good tea, but I don't have time to try and find a kettle and sit down for a proper drink. By the light of the fire, I squint down at the lump of tea leaves in my hand, and try to see something there that's going to tell me where Maggie is.

Gaze Into the Abyss to find out where Maggie is: 2d6+2=12. I'm going to go with "The visions show you what you must do" and "the visions cure you" -- I've been doing nothing tonight but helping other people out, so I'm getting rid of Snob.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Drained
----

I blinked back tears and went to my room. I didn't need a new mom or a new family. I was fine right here, with Dad. It was selfish and mean and stupid and I didn't care at all. I wanted things to stay how they were...

My room isn't big but it's cozy. Wood panel walls and dark green carpet, a plastic table with an ancient desktop that can barely handle getting online to check email. A daybed we salvaged from the curb one day, white frame with brass bedposts and a purple comforter. There's a dartboard on one wall and some posters of boy bands that I was into in middle school that I haven't taken down. I should probably replace those, heh.

I grabbed the stuffed dog off the end of my bed and looked out the big bay window that was the nicest thing about my room. Our property was higher than most of the surrounding area, and my window faced town so I could see almost all of it from my room, even though we're back in the woods enough that no one can see us. I have a pair of binoculars I got secondhand for Christmas one year too, so I can watch the birds and the deer and sometimes the people.

I picked them up and looked out. There's school, and main street, and...

Orange, bright light almost blinded me and even this far away the windows rattled at the muffled, distant sound of an explosion.

"Oh my god!!" I said. I hoped no one was hurt! It reminded me of the big fire at the factory... I'd watched that burn from here too, a long time ago. Something... something about it made me afraid in a way that it shouldn't. I was older now, and I had a gift.

"Please, angels, I really need you here. Can I help? Should I?"

Gaze roll, Forgiveness 2d6 = 7! Visions are clear and draining.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 31, 2015

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5

Dammit. Dammit.

Why did I even think this was remotely a good plan? I shouldn't have left home like this, I shouldn't had tried to flirt with River, I shouldn't have....

...I shouldn't have been caught. Now I can't dress as Maggie anymore without anyone getting suspicious. And I'm going to look plenty suspicious, since I'm not the one with the cuts and the bleeding. God, I don't even understand that part of the magic. I guess that's how it protects me. It worked. Now I just hope Maggie's fine.

I have a poo poo load of thoughts to sort out. Let's start with finding something for my bare rear end.

It's loving cold and my extremities are freezing up. That's definitely a sign I'm not Maggie anymore.

I should probably find some clothes before I go home. Can you lead me somewhere, MC?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Matthew
You're words are met with a ringing silence for a moment while Anne just stares at you, then you find yourself backed up against a wall, lifted a few inches off the ground by your collar with Anne holding you there and looking furious. "What do you mean didn't tell you about it? How does it know about your family? What do you have to do with this!?" She holds you there for a moment longer, then shakes her head and lets you drop. "Yeah, lets get you to Zoe's. But only if you tell me everything you know about this and what your Dad has to do with it." Your own phone might be trash, but just over Anne's shoulders, you can see another phone laying on the side of the road, the screen cracked but still flickering on.

Linda
As you lean in over the pile of teamush in your hand, the vague scent of the leafs and what maybe some alcohol from the cup mingle together in the air, and fumes fill your nostrils, becoming stronger and working their way up your nose to clog your brain the with the must and the sense of consumption that comes with the use of the tea. Your vision hazes, and then you can see as clear as day, Maggie running from Anne, who stands tall and blood splattered over the remains of a zombie. In another road, Maggie pounds on the window of Maria's car, and then, under a street sign, the two Maggies struggle, until one runs away, leaving Maggie bleeding on the ground. Maria and Maggie stand in front of the siren lights of an ambulance and you Maggie points down an alley and with a terrible feeling of loss you hear her say "She killed him back there. Andrews. Anne Andrews."

The vision focuses on the street sign again, then fades, and you feel invigorated again, as if the despoliation of the tea had filled you with strength. You don't know the area well, who would, but you recognize that corner as being only a block down and a block across. Not on the path the students will take leaving, but you could be there in a minute if you run. And you'll have to if you want to stop Maggie from sending the cops after Anne.

Other prompts later, sorry :x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

"Ow! Okay, okay."

I make for my car, but stoop to grab up the phone anyway. It could be anyone's - could be one of the zombies had it. Could be a clue. Or, it's my phone now. Hah.

"Okay, so." I click my fingers a bit - nervous energy. "Like, a bajillion years back - I dunno, ages ago! Aztecs. Mayans. That kinda thing. They all had feathered snake gods, right? Kulkulkan, Quetzelcoatl? That's us. We're Quetzels. And, back then, we totally ruled the world. Or so Dad says." I'm kind of telling Anne all of my specie's secrets, but she can beat me the hell up, and also I don't think I could stop myself at this point.

"But then we fell, because disease and Spanish people and that sounds a bit racist but Conquistadors happened, and then we've spent all our time, like, trying to rule the world again. And I don't know how much we do run, but my dad's a banker and my granddad does... something, I'm sure. Anyway, point is, we've got our eye on all the supernatural stuff. Like, we have to. We're solitary, I guess. We don't like competition. So, I don't know much about what's going on. But I'll bet you money my dad knows. And, he wouldn't tell me, because why bother? Don't tell your son about the walking inferno that loving ki-"

I'm shaking, I realize, and I need to stop and press my hands to my head for a bit. I was dead, I'm sure of it. I could smell myself burning...

"So yeah. I'll be sure to ask dear father about explosion man. Eventually. Once I can stand to be near him." My mouth's dry. We're at our car, and I open the door. "Let's... let's go."

• Locked thread