Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Great Joe posted:

Hey guys uhhh psssst uh over here cmon

*opens trenchcoat*

Expected RZNV, was disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sub-Actuality posted:

they are not mutually exclusive, friend

actually, there can only be one.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Widestancer posted:

Expected RZNV, was disappointed.
That sort of trickery just ain't my style, y'know?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
early access games you say hmm

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Humphrey Vasel posted:

early access games you say hmm

It was also a Kickstarter project :eng101:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Just got my hands on this game, and holy poo poo it is good. If you have money and like games, this is a good game.

The no-gravity sections are loving awesome, and some of the flying sections get my blood pumping. Especially like the fact that your car can keep going after you hit a laser and slice half of the car off.

EDIT: Beat the campaign. It ends by glitching the gently caress out, simulating a reboot, then saying "lol this part's not done yet". The credits level was pretty cool, but the backer credits section is creative as gently caress.

Frank Horrigan fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 10, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, I remember this was the first we saw of the Credits level. I kinda wonder when we'll see community levels using that.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Anyone else having an issue where the game jumps back to the desktop and just sits minimised in the taskbar with the music playing in the background? Attempting to click on the icon in the taskbar just gives a black screen for a few seconds before jumping back to the desktop. I tried the suggestions in a post on the official forums without any luck (uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics card drivers, PC master race lol).

I'm hoping I'm not just a super-special snowflake as I would prefer to be playing this awesome game instead.

Edit: Weirdly it just came good on its own, huh.

chiefnewo fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 11, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

chiefnewo posted:

Anyone else having an issue where the game jumps back to the desktop and just sits minimised in the taskbar with the music playing in the background? Attempting to click on the icon in the taskbar just gives a black screen for a few seconds before jumping back to the desktop. I tried the suggestions in a post on the official forums without any luck (uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics card drivers, PC master race lol).

I'm hoping I'm not just a super-special snowflake as I would prefer to be playing this awesome game instead.

Edit: Weirdly it just came good on its own, huh.

I'm happy about your glitch disappearing, I just hope it's gone for good. :)

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'm probably getting this today if I have any time whatsoever, this games seems so loving good

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it's lame that it's a car instead of a future jet space thing machine

still looks p. rad

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

it is a Good Game.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

there is a weird contraption under the car that I think makes it better than jet

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

you can basically turn back and forth from a flying car any time which is much better than just being a future jet. once you're a jet you're a jet all the way

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

you can basically turn back and forth from a flying car any time which is much better than just being a future jet. once you're a jet you're a jet all the way

the wings look super goofy in the footage. what I meant also was an fzero wipeout excitebike extreme-g hoverjetcraftfuturemobilething, not just a jet thing

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

oh well thats ok then. yeah they look a little goofy but the movement feels good.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
My only gripe is that the accelerate button becomes the "nose down and crash into the laser grid" button when you switch to flying mode :negative:

EDIT: Also the music isn't as good as it was in Nitronic Rush. And they got rid of the announcer that mocks you when you crash.

Frank Horrigan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 11, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Frank Horrigan posted:

My only gripe is that the accelerate button becomes the "nose down and crash into the laser grid" button when you switch to flying mode :negative:

EDIT: Also the music isn't as good as it was in Nitronic Rush. And they got rid of the announcer that mocks you when you crash.

They're working on a new announcer voice, but releasing it is lower on their list of priorities than finishing the Adventure mode, adding more music and fixing a few of the more severe bugs, including collisions. Besides, Jordan wants to get it ~just right~ and that might take a while.

edit: I do agree the world needs more anti-gravity racers, which is why I'm also really excited for Formula Fusion. It's got ex-Psygnosis people on it, ones who didn't make (ugh) Table Top Racing.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 11, 2014

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

someone do a steam-stream! (is this a thing? or was I dreaming?)

program666
Aug 22, 2013

you have to be in beta and be friends with the guy

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

someone do a steam-stream! (is this a thing? or was I dreaming?)

Sure, I'll do a stream, I'll link to it once it's up. :)

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I'm doing a bit of multiplayer right now. If the stream sucks oh well I guess :v:

http://www.hitbox.tv/FrankieH

EDIT: And it crashed. Good times everybody.

Frank Horrigan fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 11, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm currently in the process of downloading every track I haven't gotten already from the Workshop. Once that's done I'll start streaming. If anyone wants to multi while I'm doing that, I'll stream the multiplayer.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Here, watch me play a video game

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

:smith:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Nice!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I can't watch from my browser for some reason, it's a firefox on linux and not the very latest firefox.
I think I would probably need to do it on the steam client and upgrade to beta

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Steam Stream is kinda limited and people seem to be having problems with getting to watch so I'm gonna grab some grub and then switch over to hitbox.tv. Thanks for watching. :)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Streaming again, this time on Hitbox.tv, hmu if you wanna help commentate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
This is a good game. I like the track editor, it's intuitive as gently caress and easy to use. Only downside is that I keep getting inconsistent results; Create a ramp, do nothing but hold down shift, land in a different spot every single time. :psyduck:

• Locked thread