Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Werthog 95 posted:

top secret tips for young animators leaked in the sony hack

the taboo about sharing salary info is the dumbest thing and it bugs me that even people who know this avoid it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Werthog 95 posted:

for context: theres a wage-fixing scandal going on at pixar, dreamworks, and sony among others

i got $255.78 from that tech wage fixing lawsuit hope this one involves apple too

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

rotor posted:

is that the one where Steve & Larry directly colluded to keep salaries low

I was so mad when they settled for less than billions

ya tho i don't think apple/google and a few of the other cos have settled yet

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Amazon also allows employees to bring their dogs to work

really though dogs at work would be a p sweet benefit

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
i want an emotional support potbellied pig, pigs own

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol fukushima irradiated all of our food but that's ok because i only eat pussy

like mercury and fish eating higher up on the food chain only increases your exposure risk

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Bloody posted:

weird how marrying someone makes their siblings your siblings in law. kinda implies your spouse is your sibling, which is kinda gross

its kind of implying you and your spouse are the same person according to law

accordingly, sex inside marriage is legally masturbation

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
someone was waiting for the first time a uber driver got assaulted instead of the other way round

bonus racist police brutality

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael-doherty-boston-police-uber

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

bartlebyshop posted:

what is appacademy planning on doing when the bubble pops?

i imagine count all the money made on the screwed people from the first part of your question

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Mr Dog posted:

it's me, i'm the guy who said he'd like something like a solid form of soylent way before it was a thing and still would if it was done competently

well have i got some great news for you! https://www.mealsquares.com

my roommate lived off these things for like a week after getting a package for free, i guess they're kind of better than soylent cause they're at least made from actual food stuff? still taste like cement

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

quote:

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

vodkat posted:

I got this for christmas, it took about 3 weeks to ship here from the ukraine but its rad as hell

Edit: I've also been thinking of getting one of the 24 hour watches just for the novelty of it

how do you even read the time on a blank face like that?

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Nintendo Kid posted:

do you need a bouncing clown to point to the option you need and wink

i could use this for blank faced watches

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

did that car park itself?!?! :pusheen:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

who is orange stymie

youre durian stymie

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Subjunctive posted:

for 2% equity you could get a web-writing designer down to $100K, I bet.

pls tell someone ill take a paycut to $100k for 2% equity

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

I think Arnolds probably worked pretty hard back when he was an Austrian immigrant running a gym in a lovely part of LA

arnold made his initial money from a bricklaying company where he would go to people's houses and tell them their chimneys were dangerously close to collapsing then him or one of his bodybuilder friends would get up on the roof and push over the perfectly good chimney

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this guy is like 60
his wife is like 40
he has young children at home

this could not more obviously be his second family, and the elr and mumbling about vacations are desperate attempts to recapture lost youth

neal mcdonough is 48

the rest of this post is correct tho

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
my solution to the SF transit problem was to stop having a social life

works for me

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Bhodi posted:

It's hard to live at work ever since that one guy at google ruined it for everyone by bragging about it

think that was aol also he didn't actually work for aol

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

please link

ya was aol

http://www.cnet.com/news/meet-the-tireless-entrepreneur-who-squatted-at-aol/

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

these dudes grew up being fed a line about how they were the smartest kids in the room and how they were going to change the world and they took it hook line and sinker

i mean they were right they just missed the "for the worse" at the end there

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

also like all good tax dodging shell companies it apparently is incorporated in Delaware.

basically every startup is like this now since vcs won't invest if you arent

when we got into ycombinator they made us shutdown our massachusetts company and reincorporate in delaware before they'd finish the paperwork

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

already started and shut down i think

yep http://gizmodo.com/sorry-but-the-faa-has-decided-your-uber-for-planes-ide-1622734282

the faa doesn't gently caress around

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

csi cyber is doing a thing about hackers hacking uber to kidnap people right now

ty reminded me to get around to watching that show tonight

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

cant ppl just live in oakland?

this is what i did its nice oakland is nice

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

she teaches children in those danger schools with the metal detectors and stuff. shes rly cool + nice and probably going 2 bcum a saint. they r originally from uh walnut creek

your cousin sounds cool im glad shes my neighbor! :)

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

I have a resume up for BI/data warehousing work. I had a recruiter email me about a forklift operator job.

i got an email asking me to apply to be an "AT&T Door to Door Sales Executive" once the dude in the email header picture looked super happy about his job

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

the talent deficit posted:

VCs writing 'seriously, ignore all that bubble talk, let's be POSITIVE' is surely a signal the bubble is about to burst right?

even VCs are pretty on the fence right now http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/24/tech-bubble-maybe-maybe-not/

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Subjunctive posted:

how does that compete calorie/protein-wise with beef?

beef is p horrible, chicken mb

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the states are the laboratories of democracy.
california's laboratory happens to be operated by a mad scientist.

39 million mad scientists

wooo direct democracy!

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Nixon, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.

Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Richard Nixon was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship.

It is fitting that Richard Nixon's final gesture to the American people was a clearly illegal series of 21 105-mm howitzer blasts that shattered the peace of a residential neighborhood and permanently disturbed many children. Neighbors also complained about another unsanctioned burial in the yard at the old Nixon place, which was brazenly illegal. "It makes the whole neighborhood like a graveyard," said one. "And it fucks up my children's sense of values."

Many were incensed about the howitzers -- but they knew there was nothing they could do about it -- not with the current president sitting about 50 yards away and laughing at the roar of the cannons. It was Nixon's last war, and he won.

i like hunter s thompson too

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Nintendo Kid posted:

mr rogers is the greatest

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Subjunctive posted:

we couldn't make it suck enough with just 200 people

sucking @scale

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

the amount to which this article starts out good and then manages to ends terribly is rather impressive

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

pr0zac posted:

the amount to which this article starts out good and then manages to ends terribly is rather impressive

oh wait i only read the quoted part, just clicked and saw its a lot longer, so maybe its good iunno

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Dislike button posted:

you say that until one or more of your neighbors decides to stop giving a gently caress and just pile trash/cars/other junk in their front yard. im outside of city limits aint no code enforcement here but the hoa that is like $600 a year or something. my last house was in a different municipality and there were houses in that neighborhood that straight up may have been abandoned and there was no hoa so no one did anything

there are good ones and bad ones, just got to make sure you dont buy in a bad one and/or have social skills to communicate with neighbors

who cares? its not your house

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

i legitimately cannot imagine living a life where i ended up dedicating any percentage of my day to caring about this kind of stuff

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Dislike button posted:

the idea that if you own something you should be able to do whatever you want with it is ludicrous

see: cars, guns, pets, land, aircraft, chemicals, waste

but of course that's the point of the thread right? if you own your car that doesn't mean you are allowed to operate an unlicensed taxi service with it

if it doesn't effect someone else negatively then sure do whatever, hint: the house thing you're complaining about doesnt, the illegal taxi service does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Boxturret posted:

bbbbut property values

want someone to make this argument seriously so I can make fun of them for still believing the housing property value scam

• Locked thread