Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TheChad posted:

Yeah I thought the pilot sucked too but I also think it was aimed at the people who haven't seen the tv movies. Hopefully the show gets a lot better from here on out.

The TV movies weren't exactly works of art themselves, if you're looking for something that's going to win awards as opposed to being dumb light fun then I think you've got the wrong show with this one.

I liked how Flynn has become a less boring Doctor Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sighence posted:

Show's fun enough but I really can't help but think that I'm getting conned out of more Leverage directly because of this.

Why on earth would you think this show would be depriving you of more episodes of a show that ended two years ago.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Watching the first episode of this show that doesn't have Noah Wyle in it, and I think I'm going to take this off my recording list because boy can these people not carry a show. They seem to have missed the key part of what made Leverage good, which is that the characters were at least interesting and likable. If I have to hear that one douchebag mention how he's a WULD CLAHS THAFE one more time I'm going to throw the remote through the TV.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Leverage also had decent actors behind the character relationships though, and Cassandra is only slightly less terrible an actor than Ezekiel.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

AxeManiac posted:

I was glancing at the ads for this hoping for another Noah Wyle TNT adventure like the good bad Falling Skies and I thought the one guy was Johny Knoxville and I was excited to see him in a show hoping he would carry it, but it turns out it is just some jackass looking guy and Noah ain't even in it or something. But then somebody said Bob Newheart was in it and I got all excited again, but then it appears he really isn't in it.

But I think that rollercoaster might be enough to at least check out the first few episodes.

If Noah Wyle and Bob Newhart are what you're looking for, then you'll want the Librarian TV movies from the early 2000s as this show is spun off from them. They're pretty cheesy but they're a lot better than this show so far.

Looks like they're all on Amazon Instant, if you're into that kind of thing:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Librarian-Quest-Noah-Wyle/dp/B0009NSCRQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IJ7A24
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MVYUQG

muscles like this? posted:

I mean, pretty much. The fact that it started right before Christmas and didn't go on break for the holidays didn't exactly bode well for its chances to begin with.

Something that bugged me about this week's episode was that once again the plot was Ezekiel Jones saves the day because he's a huge rear end in a top hat. Like, maybe they should have spaced out those plots a little bit so they weren't one right after the other.

It's really baffling that they're taking the absolute worst character on the show, both in terms of actor and the character's personality, and make him like the focus of every loving episode.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 5, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

MildShow posted:

I'm surprised they were able to get away with saying "poo poo" at 8:00 on a Sunday night. I mean, I know on basic cable they're technically allowed to, but still...

Turner stations have let "poo poo" go unbleeped for quite a few years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This show is pretty bad but I guess it's not bad enough to delete off my DVR. It makes for a good "leave the TV on" show for a Sunday afternoon when nothing else is on.

• Locked thread