Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Tildes are the best and never scummy :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Quandary posted:

Man this is a lot of words complaining about having to do anything. I really don't like this, it strikes me as pre-emptively setting up a defense for lovely posting

What it is is that I post lovely, people act like it's some kind of terrifying harbinger of death and destruction, I explain why my posts are lovely (in what is, let's be honest, a not-entirely-lovely post) and then people continue to get paranoid about lovely posts.

Amoeba102 posted:

Like game day 5 or real life day 5, because that's some serious pre-justification for not playing seriously.

And posts like this are why I shitpost day one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Allen Wren posted:

Hey man, I used to be (and still am :v:) really bad at this game, but things like this and the presumption that more words = better content are two things that used to keep me in a really mediocre place as a Mafia player. Get over those two things and then I think you'll enjoy it more.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

What it is is that I post lovely, people act like it's some kind of terrifying harbinger of death and destruction, I explain why my posts are lovely (in what is, let's be honest, a not-entirely-lovely post) and then people continue to get paranoid about lovely posts.

You could have at least clarified what you meant. You're also too worried about how you are perceived.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The votes are weird.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Of the minority votes Allen Wren is being voted by Pmush who is being voted by Punt who is being voted by Amoeba. Pmom is voting Eplus, who along with allen wren have both not voted in the game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Besides Exact, all vote changes have been from to what would become a majority vote, to a smaller vote.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Of those vote changers, we have one on one player who hasn't voted anyone else, and one in the ladder.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We know this is a role heavy game, but the question of just how "unconventional" this game may be hasn't come up. And looking at things here there is a definite sense of multiple agendas being played, more so than the typical game.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

bowmore (4): Sandwolf, Puntification, EXAKT Science, Puntification, mr.capps, yuming
EXAKT Science (3): bowmore, HiipFire, Pinterest Mom, fiery_valkyrie, Pinterest Mom
Epsilon Plus (1): Pinterest Mom
Allen Wren (1): Poison Mushroom, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Poison Mushroom (1): Puntification
Puntification (1): Amoeba102

Not Voting (4): Allen Wren, Dr. Hurt, Epsilon Plus, Quandary

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 15th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is at least one inventor in this game, possibly multiples.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

You could have at least clarified what you meant. You're also too worried about how you are perceived.

This is at least the second game where I've been yelled at about that.

The last time someone was on my back about it, they were town.

Hm.

No wait, it was exakt in just post and they were scum as hell. Goddammit.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you are an inventor I suggest you give your items to me. Trust me.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Because let's look at it like this

I shitpost.

I then get told my shitposting is so scummy and whatever.

I then explain my shitposting.

I then get told I'm so concerned about how I look and how that also looks bad.

What the hell do you want. Do you want me to be concerned or not?

##vote Amoeba102

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is now a circle in the minority votes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Pintrest Mom is a third party role. Scum team I would suggest killing him, because he is likely to be a serial killer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Allen Wren posted:

What the hell do you want.
Scumhunting, mostly.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

Because let's look at it like this

I shitpost.

I then get told my shitposting is so scummy and whatever.

I then explain my shitposting.

I then get told I'm so concerned about how I look and how that also looks bad.

What the hell do you want. Do you want me to be concerned or not?

##vote Amoeba102

I said it was scummy to pre-apologise for poo poo-posts. Basically a way to excuse yourself from the thread and discussion. If you can't see how being unwilling to play can come across as scummy, then I don't know what you think mafia is about. Can you clarify a simple point: what do you mean by day 5? Game day 5, or in real life 5 days into the game, which would be monday or tuesday. It was a fairly simple question and you're getting way too defensive and put out by it. If you want a simple explanation of why this all looks rather scummy it is because scum are generally far more concerned about appearances than town due to the nature of the game. It wasn't the poo poo posting, it was that you felt the need to explain yourself at the drop of a hat.

What is it I want you to do, apart from scum hunt? Relax and stop caring about how you're perceived.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Capps what the gently caress are you going on about?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am winning the game, pay no mind.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Inventors to me.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Can you clarify a simple point: what do you mean by day 5? Game day 5, or in real life 5 days into the game, which would be monday or tuesday. It was a fairly simple question and you're getting way too defensive and put out by it.

I think you're getting way too defensive and put out over an incredibly stupid question. Maybe I should have said 500 and you would get the hyperbole. I'm sorry that you seem to think jumping down my poo poo is a good way to cover you're driving for an easy town target early.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey guys, awesome talk, but the bullshit you're talking about is not conducive to finding scum.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Well I did give the name of third party serial killer Pmom so I feel like I have done my duty.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The more I post the more people think I'm scum so I'm just gonna come back tomorrow I guess

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

The more I post the more people think I'm scum so I'm just gonna come back tomorrow I guess

This feels like a wise and trusted method to get us to think you're not scum.

Let's lynch bowmore guys, c'mon!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

Well I did give the name of third party serial killer Pmom so I feel like I have done my duty.

*nods sagely*

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not trying to make you think anything

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I'm not trying to make you think anything

NOTHING?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
look who's being porcupine now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

look who's being porcupine now

Aw, forget the Porcupine's Dilemma, gimme a big hug bowmore :glomp:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ew don't reference Evangelion

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX462lGeoXs

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

Ew don't reference Evangelion

I've never seen Evangelion?"

Though I did go to catholic school for 12 years.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

mr.capps posted:

Of the minority votes Allen Wren is being voted by Pmush who is being voted by Punt who is being voted by Amoeba. Pmom is voting Eplus, who along with allen wren have both not voted in the game.

thank you for reiterating the vote count i wasn't sure where i could find it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quandary posted:

thank you for reiterating the vote count i wasn't sure where i could find it

you are a dummy if you don't see why that is weird, you dummy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Lets hurry up and end this day so I can get an invention from the inventor.

Also Pmom I feel bad for outing you as the third party serial killer so I am going to suggest you kill Punt.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Since my last post I started watching this show and I finished it.

Its really really really really really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EXAKT Science posted:

As far as changing my vote, I really empathize with the fact that Allen's a newbie and that it's easy to confuse that with being scum, so I backed off. Also, f_v apparently thinks that I'm scum for wanting to use my vote as a point of pressure, which makes no sense at loving all. My bowmore vote was partially a flippant response to f_v, but he is my number one scum candidate right now.

Thats not true. I voted you because your vote for Allen wasn't "dude is scum" but was "he's acting different" and "lets see what happens when I vote him". I thought your vote was bad because of that. You put yourself in a position where, if Allen flips town, you can point back to your justification of "different" even though you never explained how that difference makes him scum.

• Locked thread