Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yah moi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I'm here to annoy fiery, Sandwolf and Amoeba

You're off to a great start!!

(the new SSB album was v. good)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MildManeredManikin posted:

pm carpet about this

E: this is not a sign up

BOOOOO

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

windshipper posted:

Please sign me up as a replacement.

You sure took your sweet rear end time

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

windshipper posted:

Nobody PM'd me and I was in the middle of working a 48. How was I supposed to know?

What happened to your intuition to ruin my good time?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

windshipper posted:

It's been too long, bro! :saddowns: I gotta get that swagger back!

Just push for my lynch D1, regardless of my alignment, you'll feel the magic again.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I got a character from one of the weaker episodes I think

bowmore posted:

look at this awkward post

##vote bowmore

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HiipFire posted:

also please don't overanalyze this jokevote as some scumtell like last game OK THANK YOU GUYS

I DONT EVEN HAVE MY ROLE PM YET

Eugh, this is bad.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quandary posted:

are you capsaicin because if so I kind of remember you

It's not, but Hi Quandary!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HiipFire posted:

Also if you don't know who I am,

Hey I'm HiipFire, I'm relatively new here and I'm "literally 16 years old" as they say.

Also my prefered pronouns is he/him, though "it" works for me.

Hey man, no worries, I used to play this game here when I was like 14. I was horrible. Hope you're better.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I really like bowmore for scum, he's being weirdly porcupine-y.

I also don't like EXAXT,

EXAKT Science posted:

It's still early day 1. I wanted to try to use my vote to put some pressure on Allen and see how he reacted. I thought that the posts he was making were a bit out of character, but going back and reading his other games, I guess they aren't really. But I should only be using my vote this early on d1 to vote for the person I think is ~most scummy~, so ##vote bowmore

This vote is what irks me the most, he seems to be desperate to aim the major suspicion away from him, and bowmore seems a decent target, since I and Punt had already placed some suspicion.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm kinda feeling Exaxt/bowmore for scumteam, when bowmore is in a scumteam he almost always busses hard, and look at these posts:

bowmore posted:

Most likely to be scum at the moment: Puntification, Exakt, any two lurkers

bowmore posted:

I guess everyone thinks Exakt is town and I'm a big bully or something

In conjunction with this post:

EXAKT Science posted:

It's still early day 1. I wanted to try to use my vote to put some pressure on Allen and see how he reacted. I thought that the posts he was making were a bit out of character, but going back and reading his other games, I guess they aren't really. But I should only be using my vote this early on d1 to vote for the person I think is ~most scummy~, so ##vote bowmore

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Epsilon Plus posted:

I assume he was joking.

Eh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Allen Wren posted:

And posts like this are why I shitpost day one.

Hey man, I used to be (and still am :v:) really bad at this game, but things like this and the presumption that more words = better content are two things that used to keep me in a really mediocre place as a Mafia player. Get over those two things and then I think you'll enjoy it more.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey guys, awesome talk, but the bullshit you're talking about is not conducive to finding scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

The more I post the more people think I'm scum so I'm just gonna come back tomorrow I guess

This feels like a wise and trusted method to get us to think you're not scum.

Let's lynch bowmore guys, c'mon!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I'm not trying to make you think anything

NOTHING?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

look who's being porcupine now

Aw, forget the Porcupine's Dilemma, gimme a big hug bowmore :glomp:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

Ew don't reference Evangelion

I've never seen Evangelion?"

Though I did go to catholic school for 12 years.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amoeba102 posted:

Just look at bowmore backing out of the thread because he doesn't want people to think he's scummy.

ThAnK yOu

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey capps, I don't know what the gently caress you're on about, and truly don't care, if it's relevant it'll be more relevant later, I think you're trying to connect too much too early in the game.

Now, won't you vote bowmore with me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mr.capps posted:

I'm already am dummy.

I see we are secretly friends at heart

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The deadline is still so far away ughhhhh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do not like those votes on PMush, not because I think PMush is town (I have no read on PMush), but because it looks really suspicious with 3 votes appearing there, and I bet someone's voted there just to get pressure off of bowmore.

Vote bowmore, for a better tomorrow.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Allen Wren posted:

Basically I just can't get behind a tone argument.

Blegh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Puntification posted:

I'm glad pmush is gaining some traction and until I pressed preview I was gonna vote amoeba at the end of this post but now I just wanna make this post for future reference:

I don't like these reads.

First of all, note that his scum reads only come after being called out on the fact he hasn't done any scumhunting, and then note 2/3s of his reads are based solely on the same idea, which begs the question is overstating a case innately scummy? Apparently amoeba believes town can't do it at all and despite not justifying this in anyway leaves us to accept it uncritically - I dunno about the rest of you but I've seen all manner of bad faith arguments from people who turned out to be town. I'm not saying I think I've actually overstated my cases however I think he's full of poo poo but his reads are based on garbage either way you look at it:

Moreover his first scum read is scummy in overstating his case against his second one, so I give so little fucks about winning I'd ditch bowmore to extensively case a scum buddy before anyone else really gave a gently caress about her but I'd also do it in a scummy way - I faked a case on someone I literally know is scum!

I'd also like to point out that as part of his mafia-dadding, he makes a point of going on about how scum are awkward blah blah blah, while implicit it's hard not to come to the conclusion this is in support of exakt's lynch when people have been going on and on about how awkward he his during this game and yet this is no part of any of his reads:

"Here's my advice CO-INCIDENTALLY it leads you to think you should support someone's lynch but I don't actually talk about it when pressured to state my opinions and having never said it outright I'm not liable to take responsibility for the logical outcome of my remarks."

The remark about bowmore's lynch in the first post further adds to my feeling he's being wishy-washy, he denounces everyone's vote except dr.hurt's and this leaves himself the space to still support the lynch but by including the criticism it feels like he might be prepping for a town flip - of course this leaves me to wonder if I'm wrong on bowmore and so at this point I'd much rather kill pmush or amoeba102.

I didn't and REFUSE to read this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

Sandwolf are you a lyncher?

You're kidding, I presume?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

No, you've only gone after me so....

Don't whanna muddle my 100% success rate. ("-Mills")

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

So you are 3rd party?

No. I am town and you are scum, prepare to die!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

##vote Sandwolf your play is lazy

Well at least you waited a while before you dropped an OMGUS

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

If I voted you any time today it would be an OMGUS apparently since you've only voted for me or posted about me, you haven't said anything about anyone or done any casing

it's soooo blatant

No, it's an OMGUS because it's only "lazy play" if you're not scum.

I've cased you loving heavily, and anyone who doesn't see the scummy things you've done isn't paying attention or is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

your "case" is lovely and I hope nobody :sweep:'s your lovely play under the rug when I get lynched

Wow, you are just hitting every checkpoint on the scum To-Do!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

No you haven't cased me heavily, you've just had one line snipes and said "yay team go vote bowmore" it's bullshit.

Sorry, "cased you heavily" was probably a little hyperbolic.

It would have been more accurate to say my beliefs on why you are scum have been very cleanly stated.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Here's my coup de grace:

bowmore posted:

I also think Sandwolf is town otherwise he wouldn't be so blatant about wanting to lynch me even if he is being a lazy poo poo about it.

bowmore posted:

##vote Sandwolf your play is lazy

I genuinely feel like you want to be lynched at this point. Your vote on me doesn't even accuse me of being scum, JUST lazy.

SO what is it, bow? Am I scum? Town? Lazy? SUPER lazy?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

lazy as poo poo blatant scum

It appears we have reached an impasse.

What's your favorite Tigers Jaw album, bow?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

there are people worse than you like yuming and fiery and it's why the town is gonna lose, you can't see past your own poo poo smeared opinions

This feels a bit overly emotional, bowmore, and I'm not positive, but I don't think you actually believe this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

You haven't even bothered to look at anyone else.

Why bother? It's D1 and most people have been arguing about what constitutes a good post, sorry it's not been a real whollop of a game.

I'll look at more people when it's tomorrow and we have a flip to learn from.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I haven't really listened to Tigers Jaw yet so I don't have a favorite

You should try them, I think you'd like them. Start with the self-titled!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jesus I could vote for Epsilon after that last post too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amoeba102 posted:

Sandwolf, would you say your original vote on Bowmore was serious?

Yeah, early gut, then the more he talked the more I felt confident and no desire to move my vote.

• Locked thread