Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Unfortunately, free services dont usually have service. But what exactly does Yahoo want $100 for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Scaramouche posted:

Are you sure it's on the up and up?
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-account/support-free-charge-yahoo-sln6349.html?impressions=true

There was a hacking ring that was hacking Yahoo accounts and then pretending to be Yahoo and charging to restore the account.

That sounds more like it. Not getting any kind of support for free email is one thing, but being asked for $100 didn't seem normal based on the info

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

FinalGamer posted:

Ahhhhhhhh now THAT sounds like something yes. So okay, if my boyfriend somehow ended up contacting a scam-service and thankfully did not pay them by raging down the phone at them, what is the REAL Yahoo care number to go straight to them direct on how to reset a password?

If anyone knows better than me that is so I don't get sidetracked by false info or unrelated poo poo cuz sometimes these security centre sites are kind of dumb to navigate.

You have to sign in to view contact methods. There almost certainly won't be an easy way. It will likely be email support.

http://help.yahoo.com and click through.

Just keep in mind, if you don't remember the password, dont remember security questions, dont remember or cant access alternate emails, and never paid them or gave them any real information (cross checking credit cards) you won't get your password. You can't, because then anybody could. I have lost accounts from years ago like this, they are just gone.

If you have an important email address - I'm sure you or he is aware now- real security answers, real phone number authentication, real alternate email, and dont use Yahoo.

• Locked thread