Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TrixRabbi posted:

The difference between this and The Bringing is I'd probably see this movie. Unless it starred a Wayans brother.

Yea nevermind, if I heard a movie was called that I'd probably assume it was a satire or something and be mildly interested in reading more about it and maybe checking it out, I have literally no emotions or thought attached to 'the bringing'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Yoshifan823 posted:

I dare you to come up with a worse, more generic horror movie title than "The Bringing".

M Night already has it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

M Night already has it.

Nah, The Bringing is more generic than The Happening.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
The -ing

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Thing

It

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

feedmyleg posted:

The Thing

It

Both create the mood that the conflict in the story is about something totally unknowable to the protagonist(s).

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Yoshifan823 posted:

I dare you to come up with a worse, more generic horror movie title than "The Bringing".

The Bringening

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

computer parts posted:

M Night already has it.

"The Happening" is a good and funny joke.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

davidspackage posted:

The Bringening

There we go!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Complete the trilogy with The Iting and The Oning (parts 1 and 2).

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Movie 43?

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
The Screaming

The Holding

The Frightening

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The Coming :gizz:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Da Thang.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ahh

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The Thingey

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Such scare: wow

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

davidspackage posted:

The Bringening
Ton Swingingen Ringingen Bingingen Plingingen Tingingen Plinkingen Plonkingen Boingingen Triee

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo's collaboration with Sony on a Mario movie can only end one way- with Nintendo pulling out halfway through to do something else, leaving Sony to push ahead with a product that dominates them for more than a decade.

You are the king.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I want Channing Tatum to play Spiderman, Sony! You can re-use the plot of 21 Jump Street but with Spiderman!

Also Jonah Hill as J. Jonah Jameson.

come on sony plz

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Howling Man posted:

I want Channing Tatum to play Spiderman, Sony! You can re-use the plot of 21 Jump Street but with Spiderman!

Also Jonah Hill as J. Jonah Jameson.

come on sony plz

Make an adaptation of the original Jack Black treatment of Green Lantern only with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum reprising their roles as Green Lantern and Superman from The Lego Movie.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/12/7382287/project-goliath

Some of the leaked materials have revealed a concerted effort on the part of six major motion picture studios to stop "Project Goliath", which is pretty clearly Google.

This hack is the best thing ever.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Turns out there was some damning stuff in there, and all the noise isn't because someone said some true things about Angelina Jolie.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Yeah, that is certainly different from the nature of the rest of the leaks, which amounted to little more than hollywood gossip that was juicier than usual. drat.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It's really hilarious to me seeing all the people coming out talking about how "immoral" it is for the media to report on this.

If they didn't report on it, they lose money because someone else will. Why should media outlets get treated differently than any other business who we've told "Do whatever you want, as long as it's not (super duper) illegal, to make money!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If it's something that's public knowledge, it's not off-limits.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gatts posted:

That is beautiful. Put him and Jonah Hill on charge of Sony Entertainment and film it. Then let them hire the rest of the crew like Seth Rogan and James Franco for the sequel. Film it.

Bam! Billions of dollars.

This Is The End (Of Sony Pictures).

The hack has revealed some rather damaging marketing e-mails involving The Interview. Outside of Australia, the film has limited foreign appeal, South Korea doesn't even want to touch it, and there's concerns that some of the plot elements will anger China. Also, the phrases, "misfire", "repetitive" and "unfunny", are thrown about presidents of individual international branches of Sony.

Also, over the weekend, we got this photo...

The woman to the right is Amy Pascal, who was in an extended e-mail dialogue with Scott Rudin about Jolie, where he called her a "minimally talented brat" and that her Cleopatra biopic would be a bomb.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It would be funny if another actress who is a giant of her era sunk all of her fortunes in a bloated retelling of the Cleopatra story. The Liz Taylor version almost bankrupted a studio.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why the gently caress do they keep spoiling The Interview?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think the worst fallout from all of this, at least for Sony Pictures, is going to be the destruction of professional relationships. For instance, if Angelina Jolie's Cleopatra isnt financed, I can't imagine her ever working with the studio again (even if it is, she's likely to still be a hard sell on any future projects, as an actor, director or producer).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I think the worst fallout from all of this, at least for Sony Pictures, is going to be the destruction of professional relationships. For instance, if Angelina Jolie's Cleopatra isnt financed, I can't imagine her ever working with the studio again (even if it is, she's likely to still be a hard sell on any future projects, as an actor, director or producer).
It's not impossible that the fallout ends with Sony returning the Spider-Man rights to Marvel for some cash they desperately need.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I would like to see Google laugh in Sony's face. Then go "gently caress it." and buy them.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

It's really hilarious to me seeing all the people coming out talking about how "immoral" it is for the media to report on this.

If they didn't report on it, they lose money because someone else will. Why should media outlets get treated differently than any other business who we've told "Do whatever you want, as long as it's not (super duper) illegal, to make money!"

This is a forum where people get banned for even acknowledging that :filez: are a thing, this really isn't the place for this argument.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Yeah, that is certainly different from the nature of the rest of the leaks, which amounted to little more than hollywood gossip that was juicier than usual. drat.

Yea interesting to see actual 'things' come out beyond 'lookit this stupid pitch' and 'wow what a lovely thing for this rando to say'.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

This is a forum where people get banned for even acknowledging that :filez: are a thing, this really isn't the place for this argument.

So are you going to be banned now or what?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

cams posted:

I guess it doesn't seem immoral if you believe morality has no place in media, sure.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Re: the Jobs movie

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
That gave me a cool idea for, what if there were, like, a Marvel-style cinematic universe for tech company founders? You could do biopics setting up each of them individually, and then do a giant crossover finale everyone would be itching to see by that point. By that point maybe enough time would have passed to justify a second generation!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's not impossible that the fallout ends with Sony returning the Spider-Man rights to Marvel for some cash they desperately need.

The hacker was Stan Lee! :eek:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

TrixRabbi posted:

The difference between this and The Bringing is I'd probably see this movie. Unless it starred a Wayans brother.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Nah, The Bringing is more generic than The Happening.

feedmyleg posted:

The Thing

It

davidspackage posted:

The Bringening

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

"The Happening" is a good and funny joke.

The MSJ posted:

Complete the trilogy with The Iting and The Oning (parts 1 and 2).

LaughMyselfTo posted:

The Screaming

The Holding

The Frightening

Cacator posted:

The Coming :gizz:

K. Waste posted:

The Thingey

echronorian posted:

Such scare: wow

The Room.

Adbot