Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

WWE PBBBFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT 2015

You forgot big fake tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

"John Cena, a modern day Bruno Sammartino"
- Booker T

I bet smarks would've hated Bruno if the internet was around in the 70's

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
this was such a horrible show

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

i don't even think they are trying to bury him otherwise bray would have just beaten him. I agree that its lovely and stupid but they really know how to bury someone when they want to and it doesn't look like this. I'm not suggesting this finish was an attempt to keep him strong.

basically. this is just what they think good writing is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Needs More Ditka posted:

thank God for NXT.

:agreed:

At least the Royal Rumble is coming up - that's always good for revitalizing my enthusiasm.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I see no problem with this

Bruno's freestyles were a lot better imo

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Even the post show was a lame fakeout.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Don't worry guys.

THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS WILL BEAT BRAY WYATT AFTER HE'S DONE WITH BIG SHOW.

gently caress it I'm not buying the network now. Streams exist.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Chokes McGee posted:

You forgot big fake tits

Bray is all natural baby.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Xenoletum posted:

It was lighting a fire under talents asses. The talent tried all they could to make a forgettable show passable and it didn't work.

Yeah when the people in charge tell you "You're gonna go out there and lose to a television" there's not a whole lot you can do there.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Well anyway, if this show was the result of the NXT special lighting a fire under WWE's asses.... that's even more depressing.

At least Ziggler and Harper pulled through.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

At least the Royal Rumble is coming up - that's always good for revitalizing my enthusiasm.

I can't wait for the Rumble teams!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

I thought that finish was kind of cool and a solid way to make Ambrose and Wyatt look good?

I think you goons are overly bitter at times...and that PPV wasn't that bad. It certainly wasn't 2014 Battleground bad.

You are dumb if you honestly believe that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Don't worry guys.

That's illegal!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Even the post show was a lame fakeout.

At least they actually aired one this time so I guess that's an improvement?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Well, if the Rumble is a disappointment then it's time to cancel the Network until the next NXT show.

I kind of dig being able to yank my money when the WWE is being massively retarded. It doesn't do any damage to them in the long run but it gives me the illusion of power :unsmith:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

World Staph Infection Entertainment really doesn't deserve to be supported monetarily.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

You are dumb if you honestly believe that

I think the finish was fine. You guys knew TLC was a blowover PPV until Royal Rumble. And for that it was a solid PPV.

Hyperbole is rampant in this forum.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Don't worry guys.

don't worry, he'll also beat rollins (again) for ambrose

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

tecnocrat posted:

"It's already being billed as the final chapter."

BY YOU. YOU ARE BILLING IT AS THE FINAL CHAPTER.

That's why they* call this TLC PPV the WWE's version of a demolition derby!

*we

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Kirios posted:

You're just noticing that now?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nonono, I'm just saying it's never as bad as you guys say it is.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Kirios posted:

I think the finish was fine. You guys knew TLC was a blowover PPV until Royal Rumble. And for that it was a solid PPV.

The idea that we shoulda all known it would be mediocre going in isnt a good excuse to host a mediocre product. It's that kind of thinking that has allowed standards to fall so low.

"Thanks for the money jerks, we know you expect nothing for the money so you will get just that in return!"

I'm beginning to fall into the thought that when wrestling is good it's due to luck and coincidence and maybe this is just what it is?

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 15, 2014

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Kirios posted:

I don't know, man. A TV exploded when it was forcibly unplugged.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
As a generally casual fan who likes posting in these threads because it gives me something to do with my vast tracts of free time and also because the GDTs make Raw and the PPVs watchable, that match made Dean look like a dumb idiot who got beat by a TV and a professional jobber who is only one step above having a jobber alarm as the opening stinger of his theme song.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm supporting WWE by doing a gently caress finish.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Kirios posted:

4 of the 7 matches on the PPV ended in DQ or a bullshit finish, including the main event

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I get what they were going for, that Ambrose doing crazier and crazier poo poo was biting him as much as Bray (and for once the announcers were putting this over too). But they could have gotten to where they were going with that if Ambrose just missed the absurdly giant elbow drop.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

How isn't Cena a Sammartino in a favorable sense? He's really good and wins all the time.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

El Generico posted:

I don't know, man. A TV exploded when it was forcibly unplugged.

I don't think there's every been a good TLC. On the other hand? Next month? Oh my god, feed me royal rumble now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Shima Honnou posted:

As a generally casual fan who likes posting in these threads because it gives me something to do with my vast tracts of free time and also because the GDTs make Raw and the PPVs watchable, that match made Dean look like a dumb idiot who got beat by a TV and a professional jobber who is only one step above having a jobber alarm as the opening stinger of his theme song.

Well, doing dumb things in an effort to hurt his opponent is sort of his thing. There were no belts on the line in this feud, it's purpose was to get both guys over as crazy people who will do crazy things and it did that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How isn't Cena a Sammartino in a favorable sense? He's really good and wins all the time.

He hasn't been that good in a while. Have you seen him throw a punch lately? Do a sleeper? He's either working with multiple injuries, is being exposed as an average worker when he's not against outstanding talent, or heaping amounts of both.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

DeathChicken posted:

I get what they were going for, that Ambrose doing crazier and crazier poo poo was biting him as much as Bray (and for once the announcers were putting this over too). But they could have gotten to where they were going with that if Ambrose just missed the absurdly giant elbow drop.
This is a good point. Bringing a loving tv monitor into it was absurd. If the monitor comes back and haunts Dean though, I'm all in for this storyline honestly.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Don't worry guys.

The WWE doesn't even deserve 9.99 a month. 120 dollars a year is far to much to pay for a product that just makes me mad.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

flashy_mcflash posted:

He hasn't been that good in a while. Have you seen him throw a punch lately? Do a sleeper? He's either working with multiple injuries, is being exposed as an average worker when he's not against outstanding talent, or heaping amounts of both.

He can pull a great match out of literally anybody and has the natural charisma to enthrall the majority of the people who watch but OH his sleeper could be a little more snug and his punches could look better

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Carver Crisis posted:

This is a good point. Bringing a loving tv monitor into it was absurd. If the monitor comes back and haunts Dean though, I'm all in for this storyline honestly.

Next month he'll have a match with Wyatt where he does the same thing except he unplugs it first, causing a distraction and a roll up. Ambrose loses again and it's the "worst Rumble ever."

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Was cesaro not at all in this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He can pull a great match out of literally anybody and has the natural charisma to enthrall the majority of the people who watch but OH his sleeper could be a little more snug and his punches could look better

This week he had one of the worst Raw main events in years, against a guy he's worked dozens and dozens of times with, and it had nothing to do with the lovely finish

• Locked thread