Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Flagrant Abuse posted:

The game doesn't encourage it, it just presents it as one option out of many, and not even the most obvious option (which would be contracts). It only "encourages" it if you think most players are minmaxing "everything must be perfect" players at heart.

This exactly. I've been playing for years and timewarping labs just isn't even a consideration for me, that's boring as gently caress. eth0.n is wrong about this being a large, or even a minor problem in my opinion. The vast majority of KSP players are probably struggling just to get to the moon. A few extreme hardcore players zooming to the end of the tech tree isn't a problem, and shouldn't be a case the devs spend much time trying to prevent.

In no way, whatsoever, is timewarping labs the "encouraged" way to gather science. That's likely the most absurd notion I've read on this thread since the whole modding fiasco poo poo with the mod stats thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

I killed Jeb. :(

Now Bill gets into all my rockets, I could have sworn I saw a post here say that you could re-order your kerbals in the astronaut complex, but I can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to do it?

I'm running into the same problem, fellow Jeb assassin!

Does anyone know the best way to get around having bill jump into every rocket?

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Nalesh posted:

I'm still mystified why they chose a porting company that pretty much exclusively does 2d mobile ports, with no experience in any modern console.

Perhaps Squad had people, you know, interview/meet the folks working for the porting company and after a detailed discussion/analysis decided they were right for the project? I mean come on, what type of a question is this? Squad obviously decided they have the engineering resources to make it work, and the QA resources to pass submission to PSN. It's not like squad is just gonna take a random chance with no thought.

What I'm saying is that you are mystified because you have zero inside knowledge on how the decision was made, which is to be expected. Many companies have you know, released their first big hit project. Maybe it's their turn to knock out a fantastic port.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
I've had mechjeb installed for a long time but I remember really using it beyond seeing what it can do, I'm a big baby for engineer type info on the hud though. Need to play some more of this game, found these beauties in my steam screenshots, this was my first manned mission to mars, and first time bringing something back from another planet system.

As you can probably tell from the pics below, I did not yet know how to intercept a refueling station or anything like that, so my design just shed more and more layers until I flew only the core home, I dropped the tripod part of this on the ascent from mars.

Game is really fun when you're just doing insane stuff imo.