Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I finally held a Nexus 6 yesterday and it was exactly the same as my Note 3 with otterbox. Really good build quality too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nexus 6 wireless charging with the official Nexus charger...anyone had any luck? It's an incredible tiny charging spot I can never seem to hit and only seems to work without a case on :( Nexus 5 had no such issues, with a case.

I hope you don't have a Tylt Vu. :(

BTW my N6 just arrived in Richmond. Painful....

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LastInLine posted:

The N6 works fine with the Tylt Vu.

Glad to hear it. Now to just wait another month for that after my month long wait for the N6.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

DangerZoneDelux posted:

When did you order it? Kind of mad my order didn't come in yet and I ordered Thursday afternoon on Thanksgiving.

Same time. Last I heard they were saying sometime after Christmas.

I didn't even get that great of a deal thanks to $20 international shipping.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally got my Nexus 6. I love it, it's super smooth even with the dreaded encryption, at least coming from a Note 3. Lollpop 5.0.1 is amazing, screen is amazing, build quality is the best I've ever had, I don't know what all the fuss is about. If anything my complaints are that the phone edges are almost too skinny, but I haven't been able to put my case on so that will help. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the "double pull down" notification shade, although it's not horrible.

Also it's time for a English CA option. Google Play chose English UK by default. We should be able to choose our own preference on every UK/US variant to make it true to the confused Canadian way of life. :canada:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

b0nes posted:

I remember in Andoid there used to be a feature that would alert you on what time to leave to get to a location on time. Like if you had a meeting 30 minutes away it would scan the traffic and tell you to leave at 2:30 to get there before 3.

That still exists.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My Spigen Neo Hybrid case for the N6 got all stretched out and useless after taking it off once. Same thing happened with my Note 3 version. Why can't anyone make a decent actually-protective case besides Otterbox?

I ordered a Diztronic due to goon recommendation but it doesn't seem like enough. I have nerve damage and constantly drop my poo poo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Merry Nexmus. Took this tonight with the N6, no editing besides cropping/default settings.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Kidney Stone posted:

Just for the fun of it, can people post their AnTuTu score of their phone(s)?

For my Xiaomi MI4 it's 44579.

Never tried this but apparently my N6 is the best phone ever made?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Just realized ny phone probably took a gigantic screenshot.

pro-tip, add an L to the url just before .jpg on imgur to make it a good medium size.

edit: I just watched this. wtf. Pocketnow is usually one of the best tech sites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SAAZdjd1f8

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 27, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

nimper posted:

Oh hey are we having a benchmark circlejerk?

What is that phone and why doesn't your list have any of the top phones?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

nimper posted:

The phones above it on the result page are the Meizu MX4, note 4, and... oneplus one???

Last page.

I dunno why the N6 is missing completely (edit: or every moto phone for that matter??) but the two goons who just tried it had similar top scores.

second edit: I just noticed my phone came with a free copy of Gravity with Clooney/Bullock. I hadn't seen it yet and assumed that was for US only. Noice.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 28, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Trusted location/smart lock is the only thing that didn't work great out of the box on my N6. I still have to do a pattern daily despite having two trusted bluetooth devices (G Watch R and Keylink) and my home location as trusted. And the GPS shows my location perfectly, down to the correct unit of the condo.

I even turned on face recognition and I still have to do a pattern.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can you have Qi with a glass back?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Never seen one in person. Nexus 5 seemed to be the first one really sold hard in Canada.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

HolyDukeNukem posted:

The Sony z3v has qi charging and is a glass back. It also just came out recently.

Another phone I'll never see. But I guess I have my answer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nexus 6 battery life is the best I've ever had on a phone, and I love the placement of the headphone jack!

Agreed, it's exceeded my expectations in every way. Battery destroys the Note 3, camera is better than expected and also better than Note 3, 1440p is a noticable improvement over 1080p, Lollipop is wonderful, speakers are incredible, if anything my problem is it's too skinny and I can't find a way to block calls/notifications. Like there are options but people still interrupt games/videos etc.

I don't really care about headphone placement except that on the bottom would make car usage annoying for my set up.

edit: vvv height difference between N6 and iPhone 6+ is like 1.2mm if I remember correctly. i.e. nothing.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 31, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ochowie posted:

Quick question. My N6 has frozen on the adaptive lock screen a few times. When it kind of comes back I get the message "Process System Isn't Responding. The last time this happened I wasn't able to use the keyboard without restarting the device.

The answer to your question is "yes."

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Never heard of that, even on reddit where every problem is re-posted a million times and seems to usually be the result of rooting/fuckery but no one wants to admit that.

I just had a cool N6/Lollipop moment. Got a call from a number I didn't recognize via my watch, looked on my phone and it showed the name of my wife's employer with a photo of the interior as the background. I don't usually pick up weird numbers but did thanks to this feature.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I love my Diztronic N6 case. It arrived the same day as the Tylt Vu I ordered over a month ago, which is also great. Thanks for good recommendations, goons.

deong posted:

This is giving me a CM vibe.
Just wait for the .1?

5.0.1 works great on Nexus 6.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bob A Feet posted:

Yup, got mine too. Its so nice not having to line up my phone on the charger
:allears:

Agreed. I have so much damage around my Note 3 port from trying to jam in the plug.

Tech nerd heaven right now

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CLAM DOWN posted:

It charges through a case okay? Was thinking of picking one up, as my Nexus 5 Qi charger is useless now as it doesn't charge through a case on the Nexus 6.

It didn't work with a Ringke Slim but is great with the Diztronic.

Beware of $20 shipping fees though. :canada:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Edit: nm

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

What? Lollipop is amazing. It's the first time I've thought Android has better style than iOS. You guys are bonkers.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just had my first ever bad experience with lollipop, a hard crash while ironically while telling my wife that google cars could be a thing in 20 years. Maybe make that 30. Otherwise its been nearly perfect, much better than Jellybean on my S3 or Jellybean/KitKat on my Note 3.

This is the only place I've seen where there's a negative impression of the software. But it's also by far the nerdiest so there ya go.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 8, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

butt dickus posted:

One of my coworkers has the 6 and after fiddling with it I'm very happy that I didn't buy one. It's a massive dump of a phone that provides no additional utility over the 5 and the colossal size is an impediment to normal use.

You have bad opinions

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah just once I'd like to hear "I am inadequately sized for the phone."

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LastInLine posted:

Are we going back to buying physical media and having landlines, too? Manually tagging and managing music? Syncing with a wire like a bitch?

I think I'll stick with :yaycloud: thanks.

You don't bother syncing Samsung phones because Kies will never ever ever work. At least that was my experience with about four phones.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Desk Lamp posted:

The messaging app can be whatever color you want it to be.

But your font must be Comic Sans

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Desk Lamp posted:

You think the spergs in this thread have even seen Touchwiz since 2010? They just like to pretend they're masters of UI design on the Internet.

I had a Note 3 and beyond occasionally using the s pen for scrolling I didn't use anything unique to it. I chose superior software this gen (Nexus 6).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can you actually change the dialer on the Note 4? I don't care about settings menu aesthetics but not being able to really change the lovely dialer bugged me. You could download an app but as soon as you made a call it would go back to Touchwiz.

The jankiness of lock screen replacements wasn't great either. Though Lollipop looks like it will fix my main problem there.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

7 Bowls of Wrath posted:

Compared with my wife's S5 on the same "version" of android, it is much better. I noticed that it actually has started to consolidate many of the lollipop-like variations in the OS like in the app-switcher and also in the notification shade. I wonder how much cosmetically will change with the new update (whenever it comes).

We already have a good idea what it looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2DW6YKhLxY

Honestly that video is what made me go with the N6. It's better but still ugly.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Logikv9 posted:

I'm just happy now that I didn't get the N6.

Because you get scared easily by click bait bullshit?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Logikv9 posted:

That, and the fact that TouchWiz hasn't killed my family yet. The Note 4 is a beast, which will be all the more unfortunate when the Note 5 comes out and my updates are pushed back to never.

But you can stick a credit card in the gap in the glass according to all of those sites that also say the N6 is a defective piece of poo poo!!

Daily Forecast posted:

Nexus 6 is literally a Nexus 5 with a big screen. Getting one when you can get twice the phone for another 50 bucks would be really dumb.

Wowzers. It's strange that my big screened N5 can do this on benchmark tests

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 18, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm sure you'll get every opinion under the sun here, but I love mine. It's a huge improvement from my Nexus 5, and I don't know if I could get a "normal" sized phone again after getting used to the size of it, it rules. It's also the loudest goddamn phone I've ever used.

I've yet to see anyone who's actually used an N6 say they dislike it, besides the "it's too big" crowd.

For me, it's the best phone I've ever owned and I buy a flagship every year.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hace posted:

Here's my post: Maybe don't update to lollipop if every other person is having major issues and you're not able to rollback to kitkat.

Or maybe update since it's a tiny vocal minority having issues.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

DangerZoneDelux posted:

For some reason on my Nexus 6 I constantly hit the volume buttons. Pretty annoying to have it go from vibration mode to ear piercing levels without knowing I did that fishing the phone out of my pocket

Diztronic's case solved that for me. It is one of the few things I'd improve with the N6 - buttons higher up and on opposite sides seems like a superior configuration.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

S5 isn't a good choice even if you like Samsung phones. I'd wait for the next generation at this stage personally.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Variable_H posted:

Google Now has for some reason decided I work at a location I stopped at a red light beside yesterday. I can't seem to figure out how to make it stop giving me travel info to this intersection since its not even part of my daily route.

This happened to me, I picked up my wife downtown a few times and it decided my commute was five times as long, in a loop over two parallel bridges. Apparently resetting the data is the only way to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I know a Bell store manager who actually likes and uses the Blackberry Passport as his main phone. Even if you like physical keyboards the angle in which you have to bend your thumbs to use it seems painful to me.