Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Are the repair rounds worth loving around with for the silver cost in the goofy block tank mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Sayara posted:

You'll want XVM for that.

Is XVM still good/cool with the main game? There was talk about some kind of mod crackdown coming when I played the other week.

Also is there a clan for people that started playing this way back when it was in Beta? I've been playing off and on forever but never got into the clan side of things--but at the same time I'm mostly just playing random battles for the gently caress of it and don't really care about getting super serious about win rates or whatever.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 9, 2022

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Katamari Democracy posted:

Invite sent.

The rest of you who would like an invite please provide your IGN if you want an invite to Pansy. (Also US only)

This is me, marvel at how much I suck.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1000025264-WadeWilson/

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Katamari Democracy posted:

An invite has been sent to you as well Captain Deadpool

Accepted. Now to just see if whenever I play happens to be when others are playing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

I mean, why would you not grift a bunch of dumb mother fuckers if you had the opportunity to do so while taking in money for other things in an already profitable game?

Can we get a campaign going to grief any and every tanker we see in battles that have any NFT poo poo on their profile?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Makes me long for the days of friendly fire because I would shoot those motherfuckers up the second I loaded into the game if given the chance.

Can always run up behind them and push them out of cover if your tank has enough power to do it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Having beta-testing flashbacks to people in chat spamming "What is Lowe? Baby don't hurt me" nonsense in all chat during random match countdowns and as tanks got blown up more people would "sing" in chat.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I really suck at tanks still, but apparently now you have to "find" blueprint pieces before you can unlock the next tank in a tree in addition to EXP grinding to research something?

The hell?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Atomizer posted:

This game used to be good less bad. :sigh:

I was able to get a few people doing that again during a match today. :kimchi:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Did that survey drop today? I don't remember being asked to fill one out. :thunk:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I wouldn't really know what to put anyway because it's like "Okay, here are a couple extra tanks and some random stuff for beta testing back in the day".

If they really wanted me to like it they should make it so you get a stack of every reward for every level all the way back to Beta.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
It looks like everyone that played more than 4 years got the tanks anyway?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/well-deserved-reward-2021/

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Schrodinger's Tank Crew.

They're either Russian or Polish, but not at the same time.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Are they fast enough to have a chance to run up and ram an enemy tank before getting blown up enemy shells?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

McGavin posted:

The war in Ukraine might have broken a lot of mods.

Well, there was also an update that dropped last night.

Aslain's modpack isn't updated yet as of lunch time EST when I found this out, but it wasn't a deal-breaker.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

McGavin posted:

A few of the more significant modders are Ukrainian, so they might have more pressing matters than updating their mods for the new patch. :nallears:

Here's me being distraught about about it :effort:

The main point was that the reason the mods stopped working was because there was a version update (and the game is still playable as-is).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

McGavin posted:

Mods stop working every patch. I didn't realize that needed to be explained.

You were the one suggesting the war had something to do with it, though. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Kungfu Trader posted:

What tank do you have that you love, but are complete garbage at? For me, it is the Progetto 46. This tank feels great, I love it, but I suck a big fat egg when playing it. I need to "get gud" and play it more like a TD?

The Lowe.

Every once in a while I survive a match but it's like joining a match in that tank is asking to be somebody's free XP piņata because everyone knows how to kill the crew in it in a few shots.

I still like it though because it just feels good when a win happens.

Kinda like the KV-2 with the derp gun.

I wish I had a few more tanks as fun as the T2 Light to drive around and irritate enemy teams with at higher tiers, though.

Just zooming around far faster than turret traverse speeds of same tier tanks and dumping a mag on the way by a cluster of them while doing laps around the map. Getting the awards for spotting and shooting as many different enemies as possible.

The Chaffees are almost there, but all too often there are tanks that can turn and track it before it can get away.