Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Just a small story I want to post.

Back when season 1 was airing on Fox Kids, my friend and I made our own Digimon partner, crest, etc like little kids love to do when they pretend (We were in ether 4th or 5th grade by that point). The interesting part is that we also decided to make up our own different ways of digivolving. She came up with fusing with her digimon (bio-merge) to be a different level. I decided it would be cool if I could digivolve as well (Spirit evolution). So I always get a laugh when watching Tamers or Frontier just by the fact we came up some of the methods before the show did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Also, if there's a Mega form for MagnaAngemon, wouldn't he just trivialise everything and job out all the villains? As I recall MagnaAngemon just straight up chumps a Mega in the first series.

Behold, Seraphimon (I'm surprised I actually managed to spell that right looking it up):

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Seraphimon

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I will give you that MagnaAngemon didn't completely win on his own like everyone wants to claim but...

TFRazorsaw posted:

Patamon's evolutions are exceptionally strong for what they are, don't get me wrong, but they are far, FAR from as OP as everyone says they are.

Except you know, Angemon punched a loving HOLE in Devimon. The villain that the other 6 Champions combined were losing against.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 14, 2015

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I forgot about this thread. I got this in the mail last week

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Abitha Denton posted:

Oh my gosh! That's amazing, where did you find that?

It was a Bandai Premium pre-order from back in January. It finally came out and shipped at the end of June. I ordered it through CS Toys:
http://www.cstoysjapan.com/collecti...n-25th-mar-01st

I also have one of these coming next month:
http://www.cstoysjapan.com/collecti...r-08th-apr-12th

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Watch everything and form your own opinion.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I got my 15th Anniversary Digivice today

There was also an ad with it I think some people might be interested in

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
about $105 back in April before the $20 EMS shipping at the end of July. :shepspends:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Brick Shipment posted:

Is the pedometer on this thing decent?

That probably sounds like a joke question, but I am genuinely curious as to the whether the step counter is any good, or if it's another dumb digimon toy that you have to physically shake :v:

I... don't really know. I always shake the digivices.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Digimon World DS isn't too bad but can be a little grindy and padded out. Unfortunately the sequels Dawn and Dusk ruin the battle system where as in DS you always had at least one move that didn't cost any energy to use, Dusk and Dawn had where every attack cost energy meaning you could get to a point where you could only stand around an do nothing as the enemy beat on you.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

drrockso20 posted:

Really makes one wonder how much better D:TM would have been if they had used Movie 4 instead of Movie 3, heck I remember as a kid finding the Movie 3 portions lame cause they were only using Armor Evolutions when the show had already gotten to introducing the gen 2 Adult Stages(can't remember if they had gotten to Jogress Evolution yet), and Magnamon was old news by then(although Rapidmon Gold and seeing Seraphimon and MagnaDramon was pretty neat)

Come to think of it, if I knew how to edit videos I'd be tempted to create an edit of D:TM replacing the Hurricane Touchdown portion with the dub for Movie 4, maybe make a couple additional edits as well as needed

I fairly certain they were only at the second set of Armor evolutions since I remember it being awesome to see Raidramon early.

FAKE EDIT: Looking at the release dates. The movie Premiered October 6, 2000 and the episode Raidramon first appeared in aired October 7, 2000

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Yes, something about the original Digidestined disappearing and time travel. I don't remember the complete plot but yeah, they cut out a lot from movie 3

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I liked DS but I couldn't get into Dusk/Dawn since they change a minor thing and all moves required MP or whatever they called the action points. It was always good to have a move that you could use without using your MP for the trash mobs.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Why are we tagging stuff for a trailer that has been officially released?

because some people want to not be spoiled on anything before they watch it.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mandatory lesbian posted:

is there a way to grind CAM that doesn't involve buying a bunch of the good meat

Fight 100 battles with the digimon in your active battle party.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

jivjov posted:

Or, if you're on the tokusatsu side of things, the new stuff from the movie turns up again for another episode around the time the DVD comes out.

which is what makes me worried for future Shout Factory Sentai DVD sets since they currently don't have the rights to the movies. You'll get things like the Shogun Engines in Go-onger or the Dino Song from Kyoryuger (which shows up actually pretty early, I think the movie was still in theaters when it was brought in to the show)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Digimon All-Star Ruble for PS3 is on sale for the weekend for $3 digital

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/digimon-all-star-rumble/cid=UP0700-NPUB31513_00-DIGIMONASGB00000

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
The Tri screening isn't playing at the theater I normally go see Fathom events at. The closest it's playing at is too far away. :(

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

TFRazorsaw posted:

... like half the Armor Evolutions share details. That doesn't exactly strike me as evidence. I mean, Shadramon has basically the same armor as Fladramon, are we gonna claim he's a fusion of Stingmon and Fladramon?

I know this was hours ago but...

It makes sense the Shadramon has the same armor as Flamedramon because it's Wormmon using the Digi-egg of Courage instead of Veemon.

Where as Sagittarimon has nothing that even remotely looks like the Digi-egg of Hope.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

TFRazorsaw posted:

the Digimental of Hope's evolutions are based on constellations of hooved creatures

that has nothing to do with the design. They could still make it fit and look like he was actually wearing bit of the Digi-egg of Hope instead of pieces of Courage and Friendship

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/821470403533172744

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So after having played Next Order for a few days a couple thing:

1) Play on easy. Unless you want the full grindy experience of the original. The only difference the the difficulty is that it affects the stat gains from training with easy giving you more.

2)Digimon don't die in battle. There is no life system in this one so battle with reckless abandon.

3)Get to chapter 2, get the digivolution dojo and upgrade it to level 2 as soon as possible. Since digimon don't die in battle, the stats never reset and just get better every generation. Those familiar with World games can see where this could be a problem. With the level 2 digivoultion dojo, it gives you the ability to block off your current digimon from digivolving into certain paths. This is also handy for completing the field guide if you want.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Kortel posted:

NextOrder chat: Brick walling in chapter one, Red Veggies can critically injure my ultimates. Power creep is still present. Having fun but I'd kill to be able to upgrade my gym right now. Lilymon and SilverTaomon kicking some rookie butt.

yeah, the "level" next to the enemy names don't seem to make any sense as far as a gauge goes.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mandatory lesbian posted:

so what's the failure state if it's not the digimon dying?

I don't think there is one :shrug:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Kortel posted:

Trainer failure goes up if they poop themselves. Haven't seen anything else trigger it yet.

I wouldn't call that a failure since it plays into digivolution requirements

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
it's actually TM for Trainer Mistake

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
my memory may be failing me and I really don't want to have to search through 85 pages to find the answer but I swear when Tri was announced it was only suppose to be 4 movies.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So as I am playing the translation patch for Digimon Adventure I am remembering why I stopped playing it. The difficulty curve in this game is awful. Once you reach episode 3 the bttles start to include other champion digimon like Monochromon and Kwagamon which is a real drain on your SP. the only two ways to recover are with items and save points. Items are very limited as there are no shops which means the only good way to grind is if you are near a save point that doesn't lock you in the area. Grinding itself is very difficult as XP gains are very small and levels require a lot of XP (ex: in EP 3 most of the non champions will give you about 50ish XP and to reach LV 6 requires upwards of around 1000 xp per digimon and the ones not in battle will only earn about a fifth of what the ones in battle at the end will earn.

I think it is suppose to encourage the use of Digipieces to raise stats but when I tried that it wasn't helping ether as when I put all the Atk ups on one digimon I was still only doing like 1/10 of the HP bar of champion level digimon.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I swear I remember Tri originality being announced as three movies as well making a double meaning for Tri. Third Adventure over three movies.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I could have sworn we already had Mammothmon X

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Nodosaur posted:

I said that some of these are the first we’ve gotten translated profiles for.

and that's what happens when you read the board at 5:30 in the morning while bored at work.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

jivjov posted:

They did an English release?? Curses; it's probably exorbitantly expensive by now?

Nah $20. Look in Gamestops. or on amazon.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Moriatti posted:

I got one, but as far as I can tell, perfect and beyond is locked to battling, which uh...
I will be unable to do.

there is inner device battling you can do that fulfills that requirement under the trophy icon. You can only start using it once you have a Rookie Digimon.

My First Digimon is a BlitzGreymon that is still going strong at 20 days even though my second Digimon, a SkullMamothmon, died a couple of days ago. I am wait until BG passes so that way I can start both eggs a lot closer synced

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Digimon ReArise is out. Herissmon sounds like Elmo for some reason.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
besides extra Digimon, what else was back ported? I really don;t see me double dipping since I beat both on PS4.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Moriatti posted:

In Cyber Sleuth, is having a big rotating bank of digimon preferable or should I just focus on a few? I've been doing the former just because I like seeing what all the evos are and thanks to the farm glitch I can just let boys level up during work.

I'd say focus on a few, maybe ones you want to use but also make sure you try to keep an even spread of Virus Vaccine Data just so you can switch in teams to hit the RPS weakness.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Nodosaur posted:

Armadimon says exactly two things in that entire clip and both are “dagya”.

Hopefully all he says in the entire movie. We no longer have Robert Axelrod to dub him anymore.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Petiso posted:

Why do Bank Expansion Drives exist, though? Why would you keep a huge number of digimon there?

Because some of us like to show off our massive collection of Pokemon Digimon

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Burkion posted:

Unrelated

How many of us are also in the Kingdom Hearts thread now

How much goddamn overlap do these properties have

The 13 Kingdom Hearts users and the 7 DigiDestined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

blossommirage posted:

That PSP game kinda ruled, too.

One of these days I have to actually finish that, especially now that a complete english patch was released.