Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Here, I'll start:

FF12 IZJS. Yes, I know I can play it with emulation and a translation and make it look really pretty but it'd be cool to be able to play it on a dedicated system without having to gently caress with all that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
It doesn't really need any graphical improvements, but Killer7 needs to come to the Wii/U as a lightgun port.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Master of Magic - Just graphical and gameplay additions please, stop putting your own spin on it and making it worse.

Syndicate - The gameplay was so clunky it could use a lot of work, but it was pretty fun back in the day.

Rock and Roll Racing - Because it was the poo poo and it had an amazing soundtrack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Soul Nomad & The World Eaters. A very good SRPG by NIS, with fun gameplay, a neat plot, actually pretty good dub voice acting, but let down by bad presentation (all of the cutscenes are just static images on backgrounds, with very occasionally the in-game sprites doing their attack animations. The static sprites don't even switch based on emotions like in some RPGs, they're all just sitting around grim-faced while laughing and joking with each other), some poorly thought out mechanics (whoever thought squad size should be up to random chance is an idiot), and a complete lack of a post-game, something other NIS games are famed for.

I feel like an HD remake could solve at least two of those problems, if not all three. Unfortunately Disgaea is the only thing NIS makes that sells, so we're unlikely to see a remake of it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I think the Spyro games would be pretty cool to see a remake of. Polish up the controls a little and I'd play all 3 of them again in a second.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Deus Ex? Keep the awful voice acting though, I can't live without that.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I would love to see a Sunset Riders HD remake, had a lot of fun playing it with my brother as a kid.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
loving Homeworld. I know they're working on it, but damnit, when is it coming out?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anything released for the Xbox One. :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Really I'd be more interested in a mechanical update for certain games than a graphical one. Like Morrowind is a game I really wanted to play but couldn't get past the god awful combat. Everything felt ridiculously sluggish and unresponsive to the point where it just wasn't fun. Even if that game looked really pretty it would still be hard to play because of that. Graphics have never really been something that bugged me much anyways.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
In my dream of dreams, there would be a pack of HD remakes of the Mario Galaxy games

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
X-wing
Tie Fighter
C&C Red Alert 1 & 2

CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
Dark cloud 1 & 2 collection with bug fixes

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
The Legacy of Kain series. Especially if work was taken to restore all the cut content from Soul Reaver 1, 2, and Blood Omen 2.

An HD port wouldn't fix Blood Omen 1 but I would kill for a full remake of that game, it has a great setting and pacing and really strong atmosphere. Just needs the controls and some more in depth combat to make it perfect. The part where you go back to your home town and everyone's already dead of the plague and the basements of every area have those really slow ghosts floating around. Man.

Also in Blood Omen 1 when you enter a dungeon with a new item or weapon, shop, etc. in it, the first room has a big painting of said ability/whatever on the ground so you know to skip it if you don't need to buy more of something or whatever. I love when you return to your town because there's just a giant mural of a grim reaper on the ground instead before you run into the ghosts and the wheelbarrows full of corpses. :wtc: Great use of that signifier to get you in a "about to find new items" mindset before entering.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Ace Combat 4/5/Zero.

Would love to see them on PS3/4 using Infinity's engine.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Pong.

Unironic Morrowind, but there's a bunch of projects out for that.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri, the best Looking Glass game that isn't called Ultima Underworld or System Shock.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Metal Wolf Chaos HD: This time now released worldwide!

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Deus Ex: Probably my favorite game of all time.

Might and Magic 6: I think some of the monster designs would look pretty sweet in HD

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Deus Ex and Blood. I'd be happy with the source code being released and seeing it get the zDoom treatment.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos HD: This time now released worldwide!

Christ yes.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Final Fantasy VII duh

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Skies of Arcadia

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Everblue 2. There is nothing else out there like it so just having an HD version would be cool enough.

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Dec 29, 2014

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
How has no one said System Shock 2 yet?

Balzac Jones
Dec 26, 2008
Powermonger.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

PantsBandit posted:

I think the Spyro games would be pretty cool to see a remake of. Polish up the controls a little and I'd play all 3 of them again in a second.

I absolutely agree.

I'd also really like to see the old Impressions Games city builders given a shinier coat of paint. Give me widescreen and windowed modes that aren't a hassle, maybe upgrade a few of the assets or something, bundle in the soundtracks, sell them for :10bux: ... I'd lap it up in a second.

Same thing with Dungeon Keeper 2.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Rollofthedice posted:

Same thing with Dungeon Keeper 2.

The fact that DK2 has never had a sequel or even a worthy successor is criminal.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
E.T.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Razakai posted:

The fact that DK2 has never had a sequel or even a worthy successor is criminal.

War for the Overworld is supposed to be released February. It's a 'homage' (read: borderline plagiarism), but the team seems pretty dedicated. I'm cautiously optimistic.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
River City Ransom
The original Medal of Honor

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Windjammers. It doesn't even need to be a remake, just a rerelease.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

CRAYON posted:

Windjammers. It doesn't even need to be a remake, just a rerelease.

Apparently it's on the wii vc.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I second Soul Reaver.
And Soldier of Fortune for the gibs.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

PantsBandit posted:

Apparently it's on the wii vc.

Wikipedia posted:

Windjammers (also known as Flying Power Disc in Japan) is a fast pace, sports arcade game released by Data East on the Neo Geo arcade system in 1994 and later on the Wii Virtual Console in Japan on June 22, 2010. Following the bankruptcy of Data East, the intellectual rights for this game were acquired by Paon.[1] It was delisted in Japanese Virtual Console for the Wii on December 24, 2013, making it the only delisted Neo-Geo game for the Wii Virtual Console.

After thinking about it more, a minimal remake would be cool. Something with online multiplayer and trophies.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Doom....oh wait....

For me, Xcom UFO defense.....with just HD sprites. No other "improvements".

Tucked In The Cut
Nov 15, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd rather brush my teeth
with a rusty razor
than front and bullshit
with all you fakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DooM RPG

I seriously want to play this already

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Skies of Arcadia Legends because I no longer have a Gamecube or Wii and it is really hard to emulate for some reason. I also want an HD version of Skyward Sword and maybe Galaxy 1&2. And the two good Paper Mario games. I could go on for a while but I'll leave it at that for now.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
the first paper mario game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Tucked In The Cut posted:

DooM RPG

I seriously want to play this already

What happens to cell phone games anyway? Like is Doom RPG 1 just gone foever? Every year two or three legit awesome games come out on android/ios, be a shame if they just diappear forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Veib posted:

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri, the best Looking Glass game that isn't called Ultima Underworld or System Shock.

Was gonna say this one! I would love to take out some Hegemony fuckers again without having to dig out my old CD and do whatever magic I'd need to do to get it working on a modern system. I'd be fine with SD live-action cutscenes though, lovely mid-90's CG and all. What a great game.

For an original choice though, I'd probably go with Einhander. I loved the poo poo out of that game on PSX and having it all in HD at 60 FPS with achievements would be so cool.

• Locked thread