Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
after the great success of my cs:go lp i decided to do another one :)

XCOM: The Long War is a mod for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and requires the expansion, Enemy Within. It's harder than normal and it is cool.

quote:

Some of the changes in this mod include:
  • An extended campaign requiring far more missions to complete
  • Tactical missions that allow up to twelve XCom soldiers per mission with the right upgrades
  • Eight soldier classes: Infantry, Assault, Sniper, Scout, Gunner, Rocketeer, Medic and Engineer, and eight MEC classes: Valkyrie, Marauder, Jaeger, Pathfinder, Goliath, Archer, Guardian and Shogun
  • New and modified perks, including Ranger, Sapper, HEAT Warheads, Lock N' Load, Fire in the Hole, Hit and Run, and Javelin Rockets
  • New and modified technologies, including Xenopsionics, Alien Biocybernetics, Pulse Lasers, Gauss Weapons and Advanced Aerospace Concepts, and many new foundry projects
  • Five tiers of XCOM weaponry, many new armors and small items and S.H.I.V.s that can be equipped with perk-granting small items! See some of the new weapons here.
  • Earlier access to psionics and vastly expanded psionics tree
  • A system of commissioning and promoting XCOM officers who provide bonuses to your entire squad during missions (replaces the Enemy Within medals system)
  • Overhauled interception game, with five new UFO classes such as the Fighter, Raider and Harvester, as well as six interceptors per continent, foundry projects to upgrade your aircraft, individualized pilot names and pilot experience, and the Stingray Missile weapon system
  • Overhauled strategy game, in which the aliens gather resources and conduct research -- efforts XCOM must interdict if it hopes to save humanity. XCOM can now retake countries by finding and conquering alien bases in those countries. Help council countries defend themselves by fulfilling their requests for alien technology!
  • Aliens and EXALT forces grow tougher over time, gaining stats and perks
  • New weapons for XCOM soldiers
  • Soldiers rest after each mission, requiring the player to build a much deeper roster of soldiers
  • Modified Second Wave options to support longer campaigns

ANYWAY here's the first episode of the LP :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-YLlo7JJWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
so heres the thing. OBS was set up so that it had increased volume from the audio out, because i had earlier recorded voice chat from a VOIP program. well i did not realize this, so my voice and the game audio are ~equal in the video. i apologize, and i will fix this for later, but note that it was entirely the fault of the people who wanted to see me play counter stirke.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
my favorite exciting action game is finally getting the lets play treatment! however, this might have benefitted from being posted in the lets play sandcastle. they could have given you some tips, like how to fix your audio, or how to edit your video so it isn't 40 minutes long, or that a video lp for a game where you slowly move units around a map is a stupid idea, or that calling your video TEH LONG WAR is a really loving retarded idea, or that you shouldn't have made this lp at all. tips like that.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Great LP, will you be showing off the secret characters and NG+ items?

lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

corn in the bible posted:

my favorite exciting action game is finally getting the lets play treatment! however, this might have benefitted from being posted in the lets play sandcastle. they could have given you some tips, like how to fix your audio, or how to edit your video so it isn't 40 minutes long, or that a video lp for a game where you slowly move units around a map is a stupid idea, or that calling your video TEH LONG WAR is a really loving retarded idea, or that you shouldn't have made this lp at all. tips like that.

hm i think youre gay aaaand......reported

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

THE PENETRATOR posted:

so heres the thing. OBS was set up so that it had increased volume from the audio out, because i had earlier recorded voice chat from a VOIP program. well i did not realize this, so my voice and the game audio are ~equal in the video. i apologize, and i will fix this for later, but note that it was entirely the fault of the people who wanted to see me play counter stirke.

You definitely need to fix the volume! It's one of the reasons I couldn't watch that video.

Also, XCom: Teh Lung War is equipped with a game speed button. If you speed things up when nothing is worth explaining, it would save a lot of time! Like, if you're just shooting back and forth vs. a Sectoid, it isn't worth explaining. But the first time you flank, that's worth explaining, esp. with things like Absolutely Critical and Aiming Angles. The game speed button also still lets you talk and explain things, so you can still do live commentary while your dudes motor.

Godspeed.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!

corn in the bible posted:

I for one welcome our new ironic poo poo poster overlords, and I am glad to see the same amount of love and effort being put into this as that other X-COM lp by what's their faces. I do hope the OP has his computer protected though. I would hate to see our good buddy THE PENETRATOR come down with the JAIDS.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Doctor Goat posted:

You definitely need to fix the volume! It's one of the reasons I couldn't watch that video.

Also, XCom: Teh Lung War is equipped with a game speed button. If you speed things up when nothing is worth explaining, it would save a lot of time! Like, if you're just shooting back and forth vs. a Sectoid, it isn't worth explaining. But the first time you flank, that's worth explaining, esp. with things like Absolutely Critical and Aiming Angles. The game speed button also still lets you talk and explain things, so you can still do live commentary while your dudes motor.

Godspeed.

Ah, Thank you. I will keep that in mind for the next update and most certainly toggle that sh*(t on.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Autoducking is your no. 1 friend for audio.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nice vid... More like the long Bore..... Eheh just kiddin

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QS3KB_nXo

this is the 2nd and final vid

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

:xcom:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i gamed 3 hard

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Vahlen: "The alien scum, the!"

Soral
May 30, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

after the great success of my cs:go lp i decided to do another one :)

XCOM: The Long War is a mod for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and requires the expansion, Enemy Within. It's harder than normal and it is cool.

ANYWAY here's the first episode of the LP :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-YLlo7JJWE

i watched this

Tony SpaZ
Dec 17, 2009
Wow, that certainly was a long war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT