Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

nazis arent really people :hellyeah:

just bought wolfenstein new order, is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tekopo posted:

yea it's a lot of fun, basically a more older 90s-early 00's style shooter that still plays well and is pretty short so it doesn't drag like Shadow Warrior did. it also doesn't do anything revolutionary and retreads some old mechanics, but everything it does is pretty well done and fun.

also it's about time for the WW2 multiplayer FPS to make a comeback. Modern military not-iraq/not-russia shooters are getting pretty drat boring and lovely.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

people stopped doing ww2 shooters for a reason

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Xaris posted:

yea it's a lot of fun, basically a more older 90s-early 00's style shooter that still plays well and is pretty short so it doesn't drag like Shadow Warrior did. it also doesn't do anything revolutionary and retreads some old mechanics, but everything it does is pretty well done and fun.

also it's about time for the WW2 multiplayer FPS to make a comeback. Modern military not-iraq/not-russia shooters are getting pretty drat boring and lovely.
doesnt it have some love story poo poo that no gamer should ever give a poo poo about though

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Bobnumerotres posted:

people stopped doing ww2 shooters for a reason
a lovely reason

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I dunno I'd kill for a proper Day of Defeat 2 or BF1942 on the new Frostbite engine with heavy terrain destruction.

eh... kind of? (lightly spoiler-y?) he ends up having sex with a chick in a cutscene, and they end briefly kissing a few times throughout the game in scenes, but its not like hes pursuing her or other cringe worthy love-y poo poo happens. more like shes just there to help/encourage you to kill nazis and other information.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 29, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xaris posted:

I dunno I'd kill for a proper Day of Defeat 2 or BF1942 on Frostbite with heavy terrain destruction.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please for the love of all that is holy people. Stop wishing they'd make more battlefield games.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
bad company 2 was good. but i will grant that bf3 and bf4 was shitttastic.

so, ok fine, bad company: 1942?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Wormskull posted:

Please for the love of all that is holy people. Stop wishing they'd make more battlefield games.

dude your dislike for that series borders on neurotic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

dude your dislike for that series borders on neurotic

You would have to be seriously disturbed to enjoy playing such a sluggish, grueling hunk of poo poo series.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

wolfenstein is real cool and watching Nazis hobble around on one leg is great

Wormskull posted:

You would have to be seriously disturbed to enjoy playing such a sluggish, grueling hunk of poo poo series.

:jerkbag:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Would really like a modern day wolfenstien where you're air dropped over an ISIS base and after a long QTE sequence you find out than the Nazis were behind ISIS after all.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Would really like a modern day wolfenstien where you're air dropped over an ISIS base and after a long QTE sequence you find out than the Nazis were behind ISIS after all.

yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gas

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Tekopo posted:

It's very good, OP. I hope you enjoy it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

how long are we talking about here

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

verdict: having fun but the textures are poo poo on the ps3, holy poo poo

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Tekopo posted:

I liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Tekopo posted:

They weren't that good on the PC either.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Xaris posted:

I dunno I'd kill for a proper Day of Defeat 2 or BF1942 on the new Frostbite engine with heavy terrain destruction.
i've been hoping they'll make another vietnam or 1942 on the current engine, yeah. liked bad company 2, the expansion and battlefield 3, but i just can't buy dice multi games on launch anymore because they're buggy to the point of being unplayable for the first several months.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Xaris posted:

LISTEN TO ME>>>>YOU FUCKER. YOU ABSOLUTE. loving. RETARD> THIS GAME IS NOTHIGN LIKE A 90S SHOOTER. DONT EVER SHOW YOUR loving FACE IN THIS FORUMN AGAIN! YOU ABSOLUTE RETARD. YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

LISTEN TO ME>>>>YOU FUCKER. YOU ABSOLUTE. loving. RETARD> THIS GAME IS NOTHIGN LIKE A 90S SHOOTER. DONT EVER SHOW YOUR loving FACE IN THIS FORUMN AGAIN! YOU ABSOLUTE RETARD. YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE.

Wow. Not even 2 days. Pretty pathetic, Sir AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only thing that's even kind of old school about this is you can overheal.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wow. Not even 2 days. Pretty pathetic, Sir AIDS.

I couldn't miss ZeldaThon

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Wormskull posted:

yeah it's not 'old-school', but it's sort of similar in style with how it can be played with circle strafing+run n gun shooting, some of the level design, overheal, kinda janky armor-health system, not really regenerating health (it does but up to nearest 20), pickup-able ammo/health that you can scavenge for, and the ability to lean left/right/prone is something that was fairly common in older fps games but haven't really seen often since the mid/late 00s. just a few nods here and there

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Old school features like "pickup-able ammo"

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Old school poo poo like far cry first person cutscenes and cinematic takedowns.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Old school poo poo like far cry first person cutscenes and cinematic takedowns.
lmao yeah. i was gunna say it also has a lot of the newer poo poo like cinematic takedown bullshit, setpieces and snappy cover. it's not old-school except just a few things here and there

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Xaris posted:

lmao yeah. i was gunna say it also has a lot of the newer poo poo like cinematic takedown bullshit, setpieces and snappy cover. it's not old-school except just a few things here and there

That looks stupid

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Xaris posted:

Someone buy this as an avatar for Sir AIDS.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Cinematic Takedowns are badass

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Xaris posted:

It has cover? I beat the game and didn't know this.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
When I got this game it ran like complete rear end, as in 5-10 fps, desyncing audio, slow motion, choppy videos... I thought it must be because I have an AMD GPU, because Rage had a lot of issues with AMD cards. Nope! I set the exe file to run as administrator and it somehow fixed all the problems I was having.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hoodrich posted:

Yeah and way more satisfying than dealing with the lovely dance that is melee fps combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Theres armor.

• Locked thread