Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Waiting to hear what some others have got to say before I cast any votes, but we do need to get a successful lynch going today. No more reason to sit on our hands.

Bifauxnen posted:

Still need to hear from Freudian Slip who hasn't checked in yet, or Beet, and notably, Splode. (even if his story checks out as one-shot town doc, I'd reallylike to hear his take on things after yesterday)

Bifauxnen posted:

Well what have you got on hooman except that he's been quiet? I like taking out quiet players though, so if one of them is the only bandwagon we can get going, I'll chip in. I like being on hammer duty too if no one else wants it. :dance:

Bifauxnen posted:

There are others who have been just as quiet as hooman, or more so. So I don't know if Mills is just picking one at random to fish for a reaction or what. I'm all up for voting out a quiet player, but out of the quiet ones I'm feeling more suss about Freudian Slip since his only contribution was easy agreement with Ludlam, possibly just when it suited him to join the Mills bandwagon. Now Mith says she's going to do a similar strategy, but I don't think it's quite as fishy since she wasn't all: "okay, time to vote with Ludlam, oh wait, he unvoted, let me unvote too, must act at the exact same time but not any of the other 2 times Ludlam already voted for someone else"

Bifauxnen posted:

Voting is the ideologically correct thing to do

Bifauxnen posted:

all the lonely posters

where do they all come from

all the lonely posters

where do their votes belong

Bifauxnen posted:

Good on ya Beets, have an election veggie sausage

As for the rest of you guys, don't you know not to sign up for Mafia if you actually have lives?

Bifauxnen posted:

Ludlam-sama, why have you forsaken us?

Bifauxnen posted:

well gently caress, just in case everyone decides to pile on in the last couple seconds:

##vote Anidav

I'm pretty confident now on bif being scummy.

#1 - came out to bat pretty strongly to defend hooman, when people started to question him. They're either in a Masonry, or scum.

#2 - isn't actively scum hunting - lots of idle chatter

#3 - lots of pushes to get people to vote, and congratulatory posts when people do.

#4 - attempted hammer on Anidav to get the last minute push on him through.

#4 is weak admittedly, but the posting history is there. Lots of talk with little content, and pushing to votes with little investigation makes me pretty confident on

##vote bifauxnen

(it also makes sense from meta-perspective, considering her personal politics :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Well what have you got on hooman except that he's been quiet? I like taking out quiet players though, so if one of them is the only bandwagon we can get going, I'll chip in. I like being on hammer duty too if no one else wants it. :dance:

Also, how did I miss this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay I just don't get this. I tried to put forward the one independent guess I had which was Freudian Slip, not too confident about it but I explained the reasoning for what made it catch my attention. I thought he was using following in lockstep with known town Ludlam as an excuse, but he conveniently only started doing that once bowmore voted for Mills, who we now know is town.

If you think Mills' case for hooman is strong, I'll vote for him. We gotta lynch someone. Unless trying to stick around in the thread to actually cast any votes is scummy or something.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I am a bit suss on Bif, but also Anidav.

It could be his beginner's bad luck and he's just poo poo at game, but the scum could be using him to deflect suspicion away from the experienced players, without being too suss himself because he has the noob excuse.

I reckon one is town, one is mafia. Tithin's post has me leaning towards Bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

#rekt

Looks like my instincts were right about him being town I guess

This is the worst bit of grand standing I've ever seen. What does your opinion matter when no one can validate you're town yet?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also rip mills.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Mills, how can I go on without you!?

Too bad I'm not a http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lover

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

GM Note:
TOML has been moved to observer status as he is for reals away on a romantic trip.
This affects game numbers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

GM Note:
TOML has been moved to observer status as he is for reals away on a romantic trip.
This affects game numbers.

What? Couldn't Jumpingmanjim swap in for him or something, since he was looking to get added in anyway? If TOML is town and we're down another one just like that, that's just ugh.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You can also do replacements in votefinder. So, for example, one of the scrubs that didn't sign up in time could easily take over.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

This is the worst bit of grand standing I've ever seen. What does your opinion matter when no one can validate you're town yet?

Good question!

It doesn't.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seriously Tithin you're looking really suss now.

We've got ~ 10 hours to deadline and instead of waiting to see if there's any concrete evidence from anyone (eg an investigator / cop / tracker / whatever) you've dived in hard to try and direct everyone onto bifauxnen and stop any real discussion today?

Why are you trying to rush this? Your evidence is based on a bunch of posts, which come to think of it is pretty much all you had against anidav yesterday. IMO Anidav is still a better candidate than Bif.

You on the other hand now are at the top of my list. Way to go captain sussburger.

##vote tithin

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay I just don't get this. I tried to put forward the one independent guess I had which was Freudian Slip, not too confident about it but I explained the reasoning for what made it catch my attention. I thought he was using following in lockstep with known town Ludlam as an excuse, but he conveniently only started doing that once bowmore voted for Mills, who we now know is town.

Honestly, what set me suspicious when doing the re-read more than anything else is that you only started on Freudian once Mills' made a point for hooman, which makes me suspicious that you two are connected in someway. Hence commentary that you're either mason'd, or scum.

I'm leaning scum because of the lack of actual commentary that you're doing, attempts to start bandwagons, and refusing to vote yourself until something starts.

quote:

If you think Mills' case for hooman is strong, I'll vote for him. We gotta lynch someone. Unless trying to stick around in the thread to actually cast any votes is scummy or something.

I don't think Mills' case for hooman is strong, but it's interesting to see who leapt to his defence, and who subsequently is leaping to yours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Good question!

It doesn't.

Do you have any evidence? Do you have a special role?

I don't think so. You've gone from captain neutral on d1 to cautiously voting d2 to 100%. Why? You got nothing to back this up except you're trying too hard to play the middle and look reasonable.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

Seriously Tithin you're looking really suss now.

We've got ~ 10 hours to deadline and instead of waiting to see if there's any concrete evidence from anyone (eg an investigator / cop / tracker / whatever) you've dived in hard to try and direct everyone onto bifauxnen and stop any real discussion today?

I'm not trying to rush anything hoss, I'm putting in my vote because, after reading back through the post history, I'm pretty convinced that she's scum. :) confident enough to level a vote.

quote:

Why are you trying to rush this? Your evidence is based on a bunch of posts, which come to think of it is pretty much all you had against anidav yesterday. IMO Anidav is still a better candidate than Bif.

The gently caress else are we supposed to base it on?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugggh what happened to the vote for Anidav anyway, wasn't that going to be really solid if just a couple more people had shown up?

Maybe we need to start throwing some actual votes out to get things started for real though today.

##vote hooman for the hell of it. Like I said, I follow the thread a lot so if you guys get a bandwagon going on anybody else I will happily swap my vote to make a lynch happen today.

(if it ends up being me strung up today though, I'll go peacefully if you let Ludlam do it :ohdear:)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

The gently caress else are we supposed to base it on?

Matthew Beet posted:

You pushing too hard right now when you accused that of anidav yesterday is :ironicat:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe we need to start throwing some actual votes out to get things started for real though today.

##vote hooman for the hell of it. Like I said, I follow the thread a lot so if you guys get a bandwagon going on anybody else I will happily swap my vote to make a lynch happen today.

(if it ends up being me strung up today though, I'll go peacefully if you let Ludlam do it :ohdear:)

I have no opinion on hooman. why are you voting hooman? Only to try clear your name?

[quote]

Ugggh what happened to the vote for Anidav anyway, wasn't that going to be really solid if just a couple more people had shown up?

[/quote

A good question which I've asked and tithin has ignored.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Coincidentally, if you genuinely think I'm scum, go back and do a re-read. Point out what in particular you think is scummy and why, rather than getting shifty because I'm genuinely scumhunting, and pointed the finger at someone you don't like.

we've had two days of nil movement - and as bowmore has pointed out, town don't win games where we don't kill anyone at all.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

A good question which I've asked and tithin has ignored.

There's nothing to answer.

There was insufficient people to pass the vote for him, therefore he wasn't lynched.

I do like how you and bif are both pushing really hard to get back to Anidav as scum, without actually addressing any of the concerns I raised in my post.

Nice way to tie yourselves together.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Coincidentally, if you genuinely think I'm scum, go back and do a re-read. Point out what in particular you think is scummy and why, rather than getting shifty because I'm genuinely scumhunting, and pointed the finger at someone you don't like.

we've had two days of nil movement - and as bowmore has pointed out, town don't win games where we don't kill anyone at all.

I have done a re-read. You've chopped and changed from anidav to bif for no real great reason at all. You're saying she was too eager to vote for a lynch. What are you doing right now boss?

I jumped on the anidav vote because he was suss and we needed a lynch yesterday or a second day would pass with no town actions. Now we're down 2 townies and we've learnt nothing.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

I have done a re-read. You've chopped and changed from anidav to bif for no real great reason at all. You're saying she was too eager to vote for a lynch. What are you doing right now boss?

Honestly, I think that the reasons I've stated - without being redressed, which they haven't, are strong enough to make me think "yeah, bif is scummy".

quote:

I jumped on the anidav vote because he was suss and we needed a lynch yesterday or a second day would pass with no town actions. Now we're down 2 townies and we've learnt nothing.

Hardly either of our faults for the nolynch on day 2 when we both voted hey?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

my instincts are still saying anidav and i'm pretty bewildered that tithin is defending him like this

we've lost two town power roles, how are we still bickering about it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

There's nothing to answer.

There was insufficient people to pass the vote for him, therefore he wasn't lynched.

I do like how you and bif are both pushing really hard to get back to Anidav as scum, without actually addressing any of the concerns I raised in my post.

Nice way to tie yourselves together.

Tieing myself together my arse. I have no opinion on her yet and she's not on my radar much (except for what you've raised) and I've even asked her why she's voted for hooman out of the blue? I'm still waiting on that answer too.

You spent 5 posts early in the game saying how scummy mills was then out of the blue 'Oh I'm clear on Mills now' and don't explain why. How do I know your town tithin? If you can give me something better I'll recast my vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

JUST LYNCH SOMEBODY, GOD

I didn't see much special about hooman. FS kinda caught my attention, hooman never did until Mills brought it up. But neither case looked too serious compared to Anidav really actively waffling, which everyone else seemed to agree with since no one else seemed to care about either the FS or hooman case. (except FS himself obviously)

I put forward the one new thing I had to contribute, I was never too sure about it, if everyone else thinks it's bullshit I don't care about dropping it, it's been said and it's out there in case it turns out to be important later.

Tithin, if the main thing bugging you is the possible link to hooman, it's honestly not there. If you need me to lynch him to prove that, I'm perfectly fine with that. But you don't seem to think he's actually worth lynching. I didn't either!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milky Moor posted:

my instincts are still saying anidav and i'm pretty bewildered that tithin is defending him like this

Don't take my vote for bif, as a defence of anidav. I suspect Bif for what I feel I have shown as good reason.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

tithin posted:

Don't take my vote for bif, as a defence of anidav. I suspect Bif for what I feel I have shown as good reason.

whatever, i'm sticking to my guns on this one. anidav is suss, has continued to be suss, now we're down two power roles and you're trying to deflect from him onto bif for some reason.

##vote anidav

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

Tieing myself together my arse. I have no opinion on her yet and she's not on my radar much (except for what you've raised) and I've even asked her why she's voted for hooman out of the blue? I'm still waiting on that answer too.

You spent 5 posts early in the game saying how scummy mills was then out of the blue 'Oh I'm clear on Mills now' and don't explain why. How do I know your town tithin? If you can give me something better I'll recast my vote.

I can't give you anything that will absolutely clear me as town.

I have no role to investigate, and can only rely on post histories. Looking at posting history for Bif makes me really suspicious for the reasons I've said.

I was suspicious of mills at the start because I'm suspicious of everyone at the start.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Honestly, I think that the reasons I've stated - without being redressed, which they haven't, are strong enough to make me think "yeah, bif is scummy".

Hardly either of our faults for the nolynch on day 2 when we both voted hey?

Us voting really doesn't absolve us dude.

I'm not sold on your reasons for Bif, I think you've come on too strong too early when we've got time for others to check in with evidence.

Milky Moor posted:

Same, but the longer tithin argues the more sure I am on him being suss.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Beet, as for why I've voted for hooman out of the blue, the reason is "why the hell not". I'm not linked to hooman and don't know how else to show it. It probably won't go anywhere but what else can I do? If you don't think he's worth voting for then I don't care, I'll change the vote.

I was waiting around yesterday and that's apparently scummy. I'm active and watching the thread. If we get a lynch train going I will join it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And we all just ignore anidav too. noice work tithin. Were you trying misdirection yesterday?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

I can't give you anything that will absolutely clear me as town.

I have no role to investigate, and can only rely on post histories.

I was suspicious of mills at the start because I'm suspicious of everyone at the start.

I'm not questioning you being suspicious of everyone at hte start, i'm questioning (but not overly suspicious) of how quickly you cleared him. You were right, it just seemed odd though.

quote:

Looking at posting history for Bif makes me really suspicious for the reasons I've said.

Fair enough, I'm not sold on that idea though. Someone else was chopping and changing opinions yesterday and nearly got 6 votes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##unvote

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vote for who you wish for.

I'm genuinely town, trying to hunt out scum. Apparently that's scummy.

The irony isn't lost on me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nah, I don't think the act of scum hunting is scummy. Just trying to point out where it's actually wrong since in my own case I at least know what's going on. :cheeky:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
i am hungover as gently caress please dont kill me i will not be posting much to defend myself i just woke up and my mouth tastes like wine and happy new year goons i will slee[p now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote tithin

I think he is scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Vote for who you wish for.

I'm genuinely town, trying to hunt out scum. Apparently that's scummy.

The irony isn't lost on me

It's your reasoning and how you've gone about it. I can write it out a few more times for you if you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

##vote tithin

I think he is scum

:eyepop:

• Locked thread