Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

RAW was really good and the last segment was good and then they decided to go back to THE SAME loving HEEL AUTHORITY FIGURES after them being off TV for ONE loving MONTH.

Agree word for word but I can't hate too much because the performances were so well executed.

WWE wouldn't really have Reigns win a Rumble with a returning Bryan, would they? They'd ruin Reigns's face career for the foreseeable future.

I hope they do Brock/Bryan for the title, Cena/Reigns with Reigns going over, and Ambrose/Rollins with Ambrose getting the win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So in case anyone was thinking "Boy, that Sami Zayn shirt Edge was wearing is cool, I should pick one up!", hope you're obese because the only size available is 5XL.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

SamuraiFoochs in 2013 posted:

WWE wouldn't really have Batista win a Rumble with Daniel Bryan around, would they? They'd ruin Batista's face career for the foreseeable future.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Incontrovertible proof that Foochs will never ever learn and always think too highly of this loving tire fire of a company. All hail Jeff Jarrett and all hail NJPW.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hope they do Brock/Bryan for the title, Cena/Reigns with Reigns going over, and Ambrose/Rollins with Ambrose getting the win.
Way too early for Cena/Reigns and when it happens it must be the unrivaled main event. Give him HHH or Rusev.
Please let Ambrose/Rollins go away forever or work a Dear God Why trios match of Ambrose/Usos vs. Rollins/Dusts.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blast Fantasto posted:

So in case anyone was thinking "Boy, that Sami Zayn shirt Edge was wearing is cool, I should pick one up!", hope you're obese because the only size available is 5XL.

Lucky for me, then! :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That was way the gently caress different and you're obtuse if you think otherwise. It wasn't not dumb, but it was very, very different.

Also good call, bet they feed Rusev to Reigns at Mania. I actually think that'd be a very smart idea and a way to elevate Reigns while leaving smarks and non-smarks alike probably happy in general re: Reigns's career trajectory. Leaves me to question what Cena does though, unless he's Vince's rep against The Authority or whatever..

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agree word for word but I can't hate too much because the performances were so well executed.

You can hate when they're all over the show doing the same performances they've been doing for the last year and a half though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

You can hate when they're all over the show doing the same performances they've been doing for the last year and a half though.

I more meant Rollins especially. That was loving wonderful heeling.

Paper Lion posted:

Incontrovertible proof that Foochs will never ever learn and always think too highly of this loving tire fire of a company. All hail Jeff Jarrett and all hail NJPW.

I know NJPW is great and all, but I really hate posts like this. I'm not being sarcastic, I totally concede NJPW has the best wrestling product in the world but I like enjoying WWE a solid 75% of the time thanks much.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was way the gently caress different and you're obtuse if you think otherwise. It wasn't not dumb, but it was very, very different.

Also good call, bet they feed Rusev to Reigns at Mania. I actually think that'd be a very smart idea and a way to elevate Reigns while leaving smarks and non-smarks alike probably happy in general re: Reigns's career trajectory. Leaves me to question what Cena does though, unless he's Vince's rep against The Authority or whatever..
THRICE IN A LIFETIME
HHH to get rid of the authority again?
Tag with Sting?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

THRICE IN A LIFETIME
HHH to get rid of the authority again?
Tag with Sting?

Sting is in a really loving weird spot. I think they wanna leave it open to slot him in somewhere but I doubt they have anything locked with him, nor should they.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Instead of like one authority figure on the show, what if there were say five authority figures, each with equal power and shaky alignments. There could be weird power struggles and temporary alliances, blackmail and personal wars turning into huge angles as each figure's allied wrestlers went to war with each other.

And then Vince could get rid of it after four weeks because it's too complicated dammit, people don't want to watch that. Put the Bunny back on the air.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sting/triple h looked like a lock with the ending to survivor series and then the article on wwe dot com that called it the ultimate dream match for sting in wwe unless this is some kind of long-term fakeout for sting/taker

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Blast Fantasto posted:

Finally, a shirt for me, the wrestlefan who can only enjoy indie darlings.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If you change the key moment of that final segment from "Cena gives in to Rollins" to "Randy Orton sneaks in and RKOs Rollins while everyone is staring down Cena", it's about 1000x better.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 30, 2014

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Secret is real.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Blast Fantasto posted:

The NXT shirts have been sold out since after that PPV.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Daniel Bryan went to a doctor in Denver to get fixed

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

hahahaha WWE is a garbage company with bad writers and worse booking

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

sting/triple h looked like a lock with the ending to survivor series and then the article on wwe dot com that called it the ultimate dream match for sting in wwe unless this is some kind of long-term fakeout for sting/taker

If they're not just going to feed Rusev to Cena for Mania, maybe they do Cena/HHH and Sting/Taker. Bryan/Lesnar with Seth cashing in after the match, Reigns/Rusev, and those two seems like a pretty solid top of the card. Maybe revisit Ambrose/Rollins earlier in the show to not completely foreshadow Seth taking the belt. But that card would leave Bray out in the cold, as Sting and Taker are his most obvious Mania programs. Maybe he could win the Battle Royale or face Ziggler for the Intercontinental belt, idk.

Actually, if Orton comes back as a babyface maybe he and Wyatt could feud, that would be an interesting matchup we haven't seen before. For as stale as the product has been recently, all these returns give them a lot of options to build a pretty great Mania card. I'm excited to see how they gently caress it all up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

If you change the key moment of that final segment from "Cena gives in to Rollins" to "Randy Orton sneaks in and RKOs Rollins while everyone is staring down Cena", it's about 1000x better.

The way the shot of Seth in the ring kept hanging to the right side made me think that 100%

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Ryback's YouTube must be interesting

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

skaboomizzy posted:

I too love it when new talent gets destroyed to further up and comers like Cena and Orton.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pariah Rex posted:

I too love it when new talent gets destroyed to further up and comers like Cena and Orton.

As opposed to being a proxy to help young buck HHH get over?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Pariah Rex posted:

New talent like HHH and Steph, who just obliterated the biggest triumph of Ziggler's career?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Are people really that upset about something that's been foreshadowed and telegraphed drat near every week since Survivor Series ended?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Honestly the only way to sort of save it would be to change it so Cena could still choose who would be in charge of Raw and Rollins pulls the double cross on the authority and puts Heyman in charge, or the TRIPLE cross on both parties and makes Cena put him in charge.

Like that one Smackdown vs Raw storyline with MVP, Orton and Cena, leading to Orton declaring one of their matches so boring and throwing in a steel chair, winner was the one to knock the other the gently caress out and they got a world championship title shot.

What I'm saying is even the goofy video games are better written at this point. And it still shouldn't have been Edge! They grudgingly put up with one another from time to time. Even at Edge's retirement they didn't break character! the last time Edge was on TV with Cena was the Lesnar thing (I think) where he told Cena to stop being a pussy and beat Lesnar because they couldn't let someone who doesn't care about wrestling be the face of it. (Which by the way was still a totally awesome promo and if that had been match of a Cena/Lesnar Program it would have been loving perfection.)

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Onmi posted:

Honestly the only way to sort of save it would be to change it so Cena could still choose who would be in charge of Raw and Rollins pulls the double cross on the authority and puts Heyman in charge, or the TRIPLE cross on both parties and makes Cena put him in charge.

Like that one Smackdown vs Raw storyline with MVP, Orton and Cena, leading to Orton declaring one of their matches so boring and throwing in a steel chair, winner was the one to knock the other the gently caress out and they got a world championship title shot.

What I'm saying is even the goofy video games are better written at this point. And it still shouldn't have been Edge! They grudgingly put up with one another from time to time. Even at Edge's retirement they didn't break character! the last time Edge was on TV with Cena was the Lesnar thing (I think) where he told Cena to stop being a pussy and beat Lesnar because they couldn't let someone who doesn't care about wrestling be the face of it. (Which by the way was still a totally awesome promo and if that had been match of a Cena/Lesnar Program it would have been loving perfection.)

Maybe Edge was in on it.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

As opposed to being a proxy to help young buck HHH get over?

HHH is the heel authority figure of the day he isn't "going over" and has lost every actual match he's been in for years. As much as we are tired of heel authority figures the WWE loves them to have as a crutch and they aren't going away.

skaboomizzy posted:

New talent like HHH and Steph, who just obliterated the biggest triumph of Ziggler's career?

No evil heel Seth Rollins just got one over on good guys Cena and Ziggler by trumping the last victory they got in this war. Seth winning this time doesn't make Zigglers victory worthless to his career.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"a guy in Denver"
:350:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Pariah Rex posted:

No evil heel Seth Rollins just got one over on good guys Cena and Ziggler by trumping the last victory they got in this war. Seth winning this time doesn't make Zigglers victory worthless to his career.

It totally does make his win worth gently caress all because they were only gone for one loving month.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Pariah Rex posted:

HHH is the heel authority figure of the day he isn't "going over" and has lost every actual match he's been in for years. As much as we are tired of heel authority figures the WWE loves them to have as a crutch and they aren't going away.

this is pretty much how I felt about the whole thing. Ziggler still had his moment when it was neccessary and holy poo poo Seth keeps upping the ante on being an evil piece of poo poo.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

It totally does make his win worth gently caress all because they were only gone for one loving month.

So if they were gone for six years and Ziggler spend that entire time losing and shuffling around the midcard before they came back then his victory would have been epic. It's like saying that if the superbowl champ loses the opening game of the following season then the Superbowl victory meant nothing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

skaboomizzy posted:

So you're saying he should've come outta nowhere?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

People are over thinking this Ziggler stuff. He did what he needed to do at the time it needed to be done. What happened tonight had gently caress all to do with Ziggs and was more about making you hate Seth Rollins stupid guts.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pariah Rex posted:

So if they were gone for six years and Ziggler spend that entire time losing and shuffling around the midcard before they came back then his victory would have been epic.

Yes.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

In your example Dolph Ziggler keeping HHH & Stephanie off TV for 6 years would in fact, have meant more than keeping them off TV for a month.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 30, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I know they brought the Authority back too early, I agree 100% about that part, but IF they were going to, they wrote it about as perfectly as they could with the Cena/Edge backstage exchange and all that. The earliness of the return aside, I dunno how you execute it any better. It was well written, just happened too fast, i.e. E&C should've hosted a later Raw, maybe the night after the Rumble (unless Cena is beating Brock in which case :barf:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I don't give a poo poo about Dolph Ziggler at all but HHH & Stephanie being back after missing 4 EPISODES OF MONDAY NIGHT RAW is a pretty huge insult to anyone who was invested in that Survivor Series match to get them the gently caress off TV after a YEAR AND A HALF OF BEING THE BIG HEEL AUTHORITY GROUP.

• Locked thread