Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Okay, you guys, this is completely ridiculous that this should happen to have started now, because I've actually been working on my own light novel. The title is Satan's Labyrinth. It's the story of an ordinary college student who gets hit by a car and dies. He then puts his soul on hock to Hell for a second chance at life. However, according to the terms of the contract, he must repay his millions-of-dollars debt within three months, or else he'll be dragged down to Hell! Lilith, a succubus, comes to him to watch over him and ensure that the loan gets paid. With her help, he hatches a scheme to hunt down and destroy the various demonic monsters that have been popping up around town, slaying them in order to sell their parts on the demonic commodities exchange. And thus does he get sucked into the world of Hell's Auction -- a world where fortunes are won and lost, in the most evil arena of them all: the free market.

quote:

Prologue
29 April 2016.

Today I woke up to find a girl kneeling upon my chest.

Sleep paralysis.

That was my first thought when I awoke to find myself unable to move and a pressure weighing down on me. I opened my eyes and there she was.

She was youngish, about the age of a college undergraduate, and wore glasses. She was dressed to the nines in a simple business outfit and pumps, and had a severe expression on her face. That was strange. But strangest of all were the little red horns sticking out of her hair, which was long, straight, and black. Her tail twitched impatiently.

Wait – tail?!

Indeed, she had a tail shaped like a pointy black arrow.

“Are you finished?” she asked.

“Er-”

“Staring at me like an idiot.”

“Well, I-”

“Never mind. It's time to get to work, Sean!”

“Work?!” I sat up, and the girl fell backwards.

“Oof! Hey!”

“Sorry. But what are you doing in MY BED?!”

The girl pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her nose and sighed.

“Honestly. You really are an idiot! Have you forgotten our contract?” she said, glaring.

That sent a wave of memory passing over me, and I suddenly felt nauseous as it all flooded back at once. Of course.

That’s right. I remembered now.

Yesterday, while walking to class, I died and went to Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

paragon1 posted:

hosed up if true DrSunshine.

Here, you can read what parts of it I've written and see for yourselves!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

paragon1 posted:

I don't know why I ever doubted you!:allears:

Some quick rough sketches of illustrations:

Sean's ex-girlfriend Amy

"Aren't you ready to get to work yet?!"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

So it's a ripoff of Yu Yu Hakushou with a prologue out of Muv-Luv?

I wouldn't know, I haven't read either of them. Mostly I was inspired by Spice & Wolf and the game Recettear. And classic 1983 comedy Trading Places! :sun:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

They are the superhumans that Hitler wanted to make but they're all female and are so badass they became magical girls.

Nazi Strike Witches with Swastika Panties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Since this is the closest thing we have to a "Light novel thread", I'll just say here that today all the Spice & Wolf books that I ordered as a Christmas gift to myself have finally arrived! After reading several of the novels via interlibrary loan, I decided "Yes, this is a series that I must have." Not knowing Japanese and of course never having read the original books, I can only say that the books stand quite well on their own, and are a pleasure to read.

It's a really good series, if you're interested in economics!

• Locked thread