Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

These slap fights are so pointless when we all know the best show of the year is gonna be Fargo season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah LoGH is a very long drawn out drama about space war politics. It's super good but like 110 eps and a few movies.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

If anybody is actually interested in catching up on PoI I'll post a link at the top of my OP for S4 to the latest page with a short spoiler free synopsis on like the 31st or something.

Outside of that, Mr Robot season finale is tomorrow. I super hope that show sticks the landing.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Next to the bike racks!

Is there an easy way to watch Vikings? That's the next show on my list.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IIRC that's a pain in the rear end to get in Canada, but I'll look it into it, thanks.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

edit: ^^^^^ or that!

I'll probably grab s1 on bluray sometime this week and the rest later if I like it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hi, Person of Interest is on Netflix now and I re-purposed the current S4 thread for anybody who was interested in watching to post their reactions. Here's a link okay thank you, bye.

Unrelated, I started watching Narcos and it's pretty good so far, the pseudo documentary angle it's running with is really effective.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sin City 1 is good but don't seek out the sequel. Sleepy Hollow season 1 is good but don't seek out the sequel.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, Louis CK is creepy too. I don't care if you still like either/none of them, I'm just letting you know why he's creepy.

Unfortunately if we all restricted our viewing habits to people who weren't creepy we'd probably just be watching white noise - although, isn't that also a little creepy?

nice Black Mirror fan script.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

zoux posted:

Is it weird to start like Jim Caviezel in the role :ohdear:

Also Sarah Shahi loving slays.

You're probably gonna be caught up to the end of S3 soon at this rate, just a reminder that S4 is hitting netflix in exactly a week!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

zoux posted:

Yeah I'm right before the season 3 finale and it's true this really has become a drastically different show. Though I think it will benefit from a 13 episode season, there's a lot of filler in 23.

Just in time for S4 hitting Netflix tomorrow!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

B99 is back tonight, has anybody made a thread?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Scrooged is great, Kurtofan. It's a dark comedy modern version of a Christmas Carol.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Kurtofan out of curiosity, do you watch all this stuff in french/with french subs? Because if you don't I don't see whats stopping you from getting a vpn and watching whatever US netflix has. If you do though more power to you, as a native french speaker I do like having that option.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

An Ounce of Gold posted:

This is what's wrong with Something Awful now, mods just probating people based on their own opinions and sensibilities instead of thinking "hey was that post informative or interesting". Oh no, he said the word retard when referring to someone who is autistic. That's a type of humor employs the tactic of exaggeration. I can't believe I loving have to explain that to anyone. Who loving cares? This site was built on being non-pc and making off-color jokes. His post was a funny breakdown of the first episode and was interesting (notice there are more people noting the probation than caring about his blurb about the episode). You should learn the difference between trolling and making a creative post. There is a difference.

This is NOT GBS 2.0 Please do your best to not change it based on your idiotic views on what is or is not offensive TO YOU. The post wasn't racist, it wasn't off topic and by my looks and time here I don't see what rule it broke.

Here's a list of the rules so you can learn them:
http://www.somethingawful.com/forum-rules/forum-rules/

And btw this is NOT mod harrassment. This is merely disagreeing with a mod which Lowtax has made it very clear in the past we are allowed to do here. I won't bring it up again, but I swear THIS behavior is what has killed these forums and it's hard to sit back and watch it keep going down by sjw mod behavior.

No one cares about mods opinions. EVER.

Here's my opinion, then. :thumbsup:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tuxedo Jack posted:

And the Grinder turns in an absolute ace for its sophomore showing.

Grinder rests.

I really liked them poking fun at the job second episodes have to do in the cold open. I'm def down for a few more eps.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

muscles like this? posted:

Have they announced yet when Person of Interest is coming back?

Nothing beyond "mid season" expect January.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sober posted:

This might actually be good. Like plain old good, not "it's comic books" good.

Daredevil came so close and just fell short.

Don't worry, as she's punching Purple Man to death in the finale the words "my city" will trickle out.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just chiming in to say that Bette is the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORST.

but also gently caress Jenny.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Iron Rose posted:

someone remind me what terrible things bette did?

I mean I think they were all kinda awful except for maybe Dana, and even she hosed up by dating literal rapist Alice

She raped Tina into getting back with her, for starters.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

xeria posted:

Mia Kirshner basically plays every liberal arts student you've ever hated, in Jenny Schecter.

and then that liberal arts student grows up to be an even worse adult, in Bette Porter.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The latest ep dealing with Gretchen's depression is p much the best thing the series has done, and its got a high tier showing from all the regulars.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hcreight posted:

Once The 100 gets the "WE'RE TEENAGE REBELS" stuff out of its system it becomes a dramatically better show. But if you get 6 or so episodes in and it's still not working for you I don't know what to tell you. I think it's the best CW show, though I haven't seen Crazy Ex Girlfriend or Jane the Virgin and don't really plan to.

You should watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

zoux posted:

TVIV's insane Lindelof hatred aside, that show is gonna be on everyone's top ten shows of the year list so I'd believe that HBO would want plenty more.

Already empirically untrue, and it won't be on mine either!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

MrBuddyLee posted:

Also, awards are stupid and useless, but Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Rachel Bloom got nominated for best lead actress, comedy, and that may be just enough to convince the CW to greenlight a second season. They got a lot of traction from Jane the Virgin's award wins last year.

Fingers crossed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity posted:

This is true but people, do you know what isn't bad and boring? Why, ranking your 10 favourite TV shows of the year in a genuine, bona-fide, electrifying, ten-show list! Dramas! Comedies! Reality! That weird MTV thing that is sort of comedy but mostly a drama, like seriously how are you meant to define that thing! This thread has it all!

Come join us and post your list. All the cool kids are doing it (and also Zaggitz)

Why you gotta be hatin I ain't the one screaming at people incessantly to watch shows they don't wanna watch.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Just gotta watch the Fargo finale and then I can make my list. My main issue is I have nine shows I'm absolutely certain will be on there, but that tenth slot is slightly less easy and is between a handful of shows (You're the Worst/Mr Robot/Kimmy/Rectify) and I just don't know and augh

You're the Worst, imo.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity posted:

So far 44 of the coolest goons in TVIV (and also Zaggitz)

Your number 1 show is on my list! Get off my back, woman!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity posted:

So come join all your favourite goons (and also Zaggitz)

Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IRQ posted:

He's from Quebec, he's used to it.

ilu zaggitz

I have spent maybe a month total of my life in Quebec, I was not born in Quebec(my dad was and lived there for like a year), I am not from Quebec, French Canadian =/= From Quebec :argh:

• Locked thread