Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

raditts posted:

So I'm 4 episodes in to Breaking Bad now... I don't know why I waited so long to watch this, probably because my wife actively does not want to watch it. Does it just get better from here, or are there any rough spots later on that I should be expecting?

Also, is there something that Skyler does at some point that brought the rage of the internet down upon her, or was that all just a case of Internet Males being Internet Males? That's pretty much the only thing I knew about any of the characters beforehand. She seems a bit naggy I guess, but it's not as though it's at all unwarranted. Hank is the only one that strikes me as a major shitlord so far, I don't like that guy at all.
Skylar is a flawed human being, but the rage against her comes from being in the way of the main character at times, add in some sexism and you arrive at the "that oval office" level of hate she used to get.
Season 2 is a marked improvement, it mainly has some growing pains with the overarching plot but the individual episodes are good. Season 3 onwards is a pretty much a constant train of quality. Hank gets a bit of readjustment, you'll see eventually.

As an aside, unlike a some people I personally think season 1 is high quality already, better then the relatively weaker episodes in s2 and only hampered by the short season/writers strike. The pilot alone is a wonderful hour of television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

it looks like a really silly show with very odd characters, but in the best way.

Also That character is Jenna Maroney, calling it now :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

thrakkorzog posted:

All they needed to do to fix Gold Case was put in some tables to fix the obvious problem, and it wouldn't be much worse than most other game shows out there.

(For those who don't watch 30 Rock, the premise of Gold Case was that they had a group of models holding briefcases, and the contestants had to guess which model was holding the briefcase with a million dollars worth of gold in it. Spoiler: A million dollars worth of gold is really heavy, so all contestants had to do to win was spot the model struggling to hold up her suitcase.)
The fixed version is pretty much an actual dutch gameshow for years now. So that 30rock plotpoint was always silly to me.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Fully-ordered 3rd season shows getting automatic 4th season renewals is officially wisdom of the past. Mindy's ratings were abysmal this season even by Fox standards, which is a shame since this was far and away the best, most consistent season of the show. Hopefully the Hulu thing happens so they can end things properly.
After the fate of Happy Endings (Yes, I am still bitter) that hasn't been true in my book anyway.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

GreenNight posted:

They're billing it as Game of Thrones for the entire family, so I'm not sure that's a good thing or not. I did like Legend of the Seeker so if it's along those lines, I'm good.
Did legend of the seeker ever get to the mess that is book 3 and beyond?
I still like book 1,4 and the last 2 for some reasons of bad taste but even teenage me thought the middle ones where dumb as poo poo.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

Don't the pain dildos make up a good 25% of the first book?
Well there where actual pain dildo's, thorned demon dicks, pain whips, corrective rape with aid of toys and regular sexual deprevity in each book so you'll have to be more specific. :v:
but no, you probably mean the short whip tools that work by inflicting ~magic pain~ on victims. Those are relatively tame for the series and only used to torture and humiliate girls into being dominatrixes. :shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I'll make a B99 Thread, just give me like 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Coolio, I don't make a lot of them anyway so it'd been terrible. :v:

• Locked thread