Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

raditts posted:

Now I'm imagining that whole scene in the promo trailer except everyone has guns.

No, guns are way too dangerous. They will all have to settle for walkie talkies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Decided I'm gonna use blizzard-time to give Supernatural a chance. I watched the pilot and it was surprisingly decent.

A couple friends of mine have told me the first season is a little iffy, but it gets pretty reliably good by season 2. Is that pretty accurate? And, if so, what are the key season 1 episodes to watch so I won't be lost if I jump right into season 2?

Season 1 isn't so much iffy as it is a bit procedural. Don't get me wrong, season 1 is one of the weaker seasons as there are a few duds in there, but if you can put up with MOTW episodes I don't think you'll have too much trouble with it. If you want to skip ahead unfortunately I'm on my phone and can't easily get you a list of key episodes, but I'm pretty sure you'd be safe watching the first and last few episodes of season 1, and maybe one or two others in the middle but I'm not in a position to say exactly which ones right now.

E: figures by the time I type it all out and hit reply someone gives you an episode list.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 27, 2015

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
A friend of mine is currently going through Supernatural and she has a problem with the unrealistic fact that every single person they cross paths with in the show is insanely attractive. She knows that pretty much every TV show does this but I guess it's too much for her that Supernatural and other CW shows crank the hot people factor up to 11. Dumb thing to get worked up about I know, but I suppose if you don't watch that much TV things like that jump out at you.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Nobody cares and all it does is cause pages and pages of worthless posts.

This is why I don't post very often. My opinion hardly matters in my regular life and matters even less on the internet.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

NOOOO! How am I supposed to get my Jason Biggs fix now?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Leonard Nimoy, the guy from Fringe. Kids these days...

I'm kinda with Deadpool on this one. While I am aware of and acknowledge a lot of the things that Nimoy has been in, the only thing I've ever actually seen him in was Fringe, and he was great in it. I'll miss the guy, and maybe now I'll actually get off my rear end and finally watch Star Trek.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm so glad that I'm off the whole weekend and can just sit around and watch Kimmy Schmidt. So of course, this is the perfect time for my internet to go down.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I remember a while back in the last thread someone posted a site that you could calculate how much time you've spent watching television. Does anybody have a link to it for it? I want to show someone how much time they spend watching tv.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The only show bible I've read was the Carnivale one and it had a decent amount of detail on things that they didn't have a chance to do in the show. Any fan of Carnivale should take the time to track it down and read it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I stopped watching Nikita after season 2. I guess it's worth watching again then?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If you're looking for another reason why Fringe kept getting renewed, I'm just gonna say that it's just as likely that Torv was banging Murdoch to keep the show on the air. She wasn't banging him.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've watched the Poochinski pilot two or three times, what an incredible piece of art. It's a shame that it didn't go on for numerous seasons.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
You guys should stop talking poo poo about True Detective and start making GBS threads on shows that are worse, like the Twilight Zone.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I haven't seen the show or the movie for 12 Monkeys. Does it matter which one I watch first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah I'm gonna watch the movie first since that's pretty much all I have time for today anyway. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't miss out on anything by not watching the show first, but I figured since the movie is older that would be the way to go.

• Locked thread