Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
"I would really prefer if you'd be quiet."

I want to see blind MTPO and hear some painfully awkward poo poo happen in front of 50,000 people, it's just the best. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Anatharon posted:

What's that in reference to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

Watch it all the way through.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Layout is far better this year but gotta agree with the guy above, the popping is kinda bad, hope they fix that in the future.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

So can someone tell these retards that coughing even for a joke is really bad when they do it directly into the loving mic.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

HUMAN FISH posted:

So far (lmao two games in) the commentators have been excellent. That's what I really want in these marathons. Either the runner should be constantly explaining what he's doing or have quality commentators.

Speaking of which, who's the short guy who did a lot of commentary last year and was on the highlight videos? He's pretty great, is he in anything this year?

Yeah, a display of WR/PB would be pretty cool.

Do you mean the actual little person(as opposed to just a generic description of someone that's shorter than average)? If so then that's Blechy and he'll be doing some commentary and a co-op play of Goof Troop.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I really, really like the small audience setting and the forcing of a rotation so the same people can't just camp out the chairs.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

You guys should have seen earlier marathons before they learned to filter better, it was literally hours of non-stop depressing stories of inordinate length about people dying from cancer. There were novels written and they read everything.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

They really need to boot this game from future marathons, it's ridiculously boring.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

That MK run looked like he didn't practice at all.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Jibo posted:

So was that awful MK Wii run freezing up and making horrible grating sounds every now and then or is my video card getting ready to take a poo poo again?

Stream was lagging really bad but I dunno about any sounds, was fine on my end. Just dropped frames entirely every 5s and made a bad run even worse.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Natalya Fartz posted:

11st place. The most shameful of places.

Well I can still maybe finish 1st if I'm lucky

*finishes 11th*

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

dj_de posted:

PROTIP: Knit girl is the person in charge of creating the current NO FUN ALLOWED rules of AGDQ15 after her unfair treatment in that video!

seriously? yeesh.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Is there anything good to watch between now and early morning tomorrow(like Crazy Taxi)?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

loving fantastic.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Crain posted:

Oh drat, Ray from Achievement Hunter is in the background.

He's actually a big speedrun fan and has probably turned a lot of people onto it in the last year or so due to his Twitter.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

goldjas posted:

Some of the earlier kind of crappy runs like the Cart Racers could have honestly been saved by having couch commentators that were equally as good as these. Commentary is so important in these marathons and some people just seem to be bad at it even with like 4 people on the couch.

This is understandable but it's a 160+ hour event with a multitude of games over a lot of platforms some of which have tiny runner communities anyway so you're just not going to get excellent commentary every game every day for the whole event.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Did they tell the reader to just interrupt whenever to read donations? It's really annoying.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

:wtc: Who is doing the filtering here, who gives a gently caress about the backwards alphabet? The reader is awful.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Poultron posted:

He's not really interrupting anything though dude,

He has multiple times broken in when they were trying to say something.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Minrad posted:

:sigh:

Luckily it seems to be the overwhelming opinion that this year's AGDQ really bites compared to previous ones, so maybe if they come in under past donation totals they'll re-think how they handle everything next year.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

zomg blueglass banned for rape cancel all future marathons worst thing ever.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Crain posted:

Hey guys, this is fun. Remember that? Fun?

I guess not...:smith:

this is the worst agdq ever :c00l:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I haven't watched a raocow video in years but I absolutely loved his stuff. Does he still do them?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

HoneyBoy posted:

He can beat up a lot of the posters in this thread.

muscles = fight

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Man, their estimate this year is getting murdered. Is it the insane setup times they've been doing or what? Seems like almost everything played comes in under estimate with some way under but every time you refresh the schedule they've lost another hour.

Guess there's still plenty of the week to pick it up but this seems way slower than recent years.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

awesome.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ohon, MVP of AGDQ 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Meh, commentary is overrated. Ohon has dominated multiple games against some of their respective top runners.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Holy gently caress, 3 games and they finish 1 second apart. Amazing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

AdamAK is super chill and does awesome commentary while owning VC.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Does Poxnor still do stuff within the marathons like donating thousands of dollars and I've just been missing them these past few or is he off doing something else?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Agent355 posted:

Blueglass is basically awkwardness and uncomfortbaleness personified and I can't enjoy anything he appears in. I can't imagine I'm the only one either.

it's his laugh for me. it's high-pitched, cuts through loving anything and he has no awareness of its volume. if he had a normal laugh he could be on the screen 24/7 but that laugh is all-time bad and he does it every 10 seconds when something wacky happens in a run.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It would probably help to just end in the evening instead of forcing one more all-nighter. Or was that the plan and they got way behind schedule?

I'm pretty sure they're 4-5 hours behind schedule, give or take. This is the first GDQ in a couple that they've gone over. They started out going horrendously over time in the early ones when they were still learning and polishing up how they run it but the recent SGDQ and AGDQ before this I think went well under time(or I think would have but they propped it up with extra unannounced runs to fill the time).

This one's just had problems and it's just one of those things. SGDQ will probably be fine and they'll continue to learn.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Tetris would have been an amazing closer but there's a lot more to it than just what is fun to watch.

What you need is a super popular game, a super popular runner and a super popular category but those are difficult stars to align.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I gotta clock out, can't fight it anymore and I need some sack time before football tomorrow.

Hope I don't miss a lot of awesome early bonus stream.

• Locked thread